Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Walking Dead [Warning: Spoilers]
Bookmark and Share
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
RE: OT: The Walking Dead
(12-01-2013 11:46 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Also good thing Rick didn't take the Gov up on his generous offer. I mean option one.

-pack your crap up and leave, no one is hurt, live to fight another day

or

-fight, knowing that tank will run your walls over even if you do win and people will die and oh yeah you still have to leave apparently but this time not together spread out, wounded, with no supplies, and disorganized.

I mean that was brilliant not to just let them have it and all the deadly flu germs in it as well. It was pretty brilliant for everyone to scatter to when they could have just went into cell block whatever and locked the door after they won. Yeah the fences are down but you can't find a door to get behind and lock in a whole prison?

This show is seriously stupid sometimes. Yeah lets leave a secure apartment you have lived in the whole time to camp out in the woods behind 2 strands of barbwire. Give me a break. Not to mention while we are at it lets drive some raggedy 1966 bronco or some 1980 ford truck because god knows that's dependable, or use some rifle man rifle when you had m16's or whatever for everyone a while back. Yet we are supposed to believe these are the brightest survivors, yet they almost have to be careless and make bad decisions to even die on this show.

Don't forget that Kate Upton is too tall and that Jewell had crooked teeth...

Darn it, SJ! Do you enjoy anything?
12-02-2013 12:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(12-01-2013 11:46 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  Also good thing Rick didn't take the Gov up on his generous offer. I mean option one.

-pack your crap up and leave, no one is hurt, live to fight another day

or

-fight, knowing that tank will run your walls over even if you do win and people will die and oh yeah you still have to leave apparently but this time not together spread out, wounded, with no supplies, and disorganized.

I mean that was brilliant not to just let them have it and all the deadly flu germs in it as well. It was pretty brilliant for everyone to scatter to when they could have just went into cell block whatever and locked the door after they won. Yeah the fences are down but you can't find a door to get behind and lock in a whole prison?

This show is seriously stupid sometimes. Yeah lets leave a secure apartment you have lived in the whole time to camp out in the woods behind 2 strands of barbwire. Give me a break. Not to mention while we are at it lets drive some raggedy 1966 bronco because god knows that's dependable or use some rifle man rifle when you had m16's or whatever for everyone a while back.

You honestly think The Governor was going to let them live if they accepted his bargain? He just wanted it to be easy killing them and not ruin the prison in the process. He was never going to let anyone live and he certainly wasn't going to let Michonne or Rick live. Rick pretty clearly didn't "choose" to fight them as he was trying to get them to band together. The Governor chose to have the fight because he wanted to kill them all in the first place.

I don't think they got together and were like "alright guys, when this goes to hell, lets scatter and leave each other". Lol. It's a spur of the moment thing and people are panicing. They had a TANK firing on them and bullets going everywhere in the middle of a zombie apocalypse after just having half of their people die to a flu. Most people don't think rationally in normal situations and certainly don't when things are going to hell. People don't know who is alive or dead and there are now no defenses for the prison and holes in parts of it.
12-02-2013 12:14 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 12:09 AM)Ned Low Wrote:  Darn it, SJ! Do you enjoy anything?

Yep stuff that doesn't insult my intelligence. We are to believe these are the best of the best survivors that have made it in a survival of the fittest yet they continually exhibit some of the poorest judgment possible because otherwise it's really hard to get killed by these lame zombies and you wouldn't have much of a show. I like the show but some kid playing out in the dirt in the middle of the woods in a zombie apocalypse just sums up a lot of the stupid they have to write in to make it compelling and it's a joke.
12-02-2013 12:26 AM
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
(12-02-2013 12:08 AM)blueraider315 Wrote:  I don't think Judith is dead, I'm thinking that lily's sister has her. They didn't kill her or Lily, in the episode.

That little girl with a gun scares the **** out of me, just shoots them in cold blood like that. not that i wouldn't have done it, but just weird seeing it on a tv show.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Asskicker is Zombie bait. I know previews can be changed and don't show you everything but Tyreese looks alone so maybe maybe not. But didn't look like the girls were with him.
12-02-2013 12:44 AM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU & VT
Not quite the "red wedding" episode we were promised but it's nice to see the story moving in a different direction.
12-02-2013 12:51 AM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

(12-02-2013 12:08 AM)blueraider315 Wrote:  That little girl with a gun scares the **** out of me, just shoots them in cold blood like that. not that i wouldn't have done it, but just weird seeing it on a tv show.

She shot in self defense not in cold blood. She also had the proper grip in order to handle the guns recoil. She must be an NRA member.
12-02-2013 01:00 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 12:14 AM)Shrack Wrote:  You honestly think The Governor was going to let them live if they accepted his bargain?

Who knows, they didn't take the bargain even knowing the deck was stacked against them, and that they would take heavy losses even if they did win, and likely lose the shelter anyway.

Do you really think those average joe people would have shot them in the back or allowed their leader to as they were all driving off (together, organized, and with supplies I might add), as much convincing as they need to even be there? I don't.

Quote:He just wanted it to be easy killing them and not ruin the prison in the process. He was never going to let anyone live and he certainly wasn't going to let Michonne or Rick live.

It wasn't his choice. If he couldn't kill them in a surprise attack where he had them cornered he couldn't kill them when they were mobile and aware and on alert for that danger.

He couldn't have shot them as they drove off or go that group to go after them either if they left willingly. He would have lost his army on that. You saw that happen once already and how it turned out with his first army.

Quote:Rick pretty clearly didn't "choose" to fight them as he was trying to get them to band together.

Which is even more dumb. He can't live with Carrol who had his and his family's interest at heart even if she was twisted, but he's going to live under the same roof as that guy. 03-lmfao Yeah. Rick was like the kid caught with his hand in the candy jar saying anything trying to buy time yet he didn't do the most obvious thing that would have and potentially even saved herchel by taking the Gov up on his offer.

Quote:The Governor chose to have the fight because he wanted to kill them all in the first place.

If he really wanted them dead he could have probably shelled the prison and not offered any deal. A good leader would have known he wasn't in a position of power like Rick at that time and if nothing else bought some time tried to organize a better fight if nothing else. He had till sunrise, instead he chose to fight 5 minutes later in the most disorganized manner imaginable. You can't say we are leaving, stall, go weapon up and make a plan and fight in an hour?
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 01:08 AM by StillJonesing.)
12-02-2013 01:03 AM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

(12-02-2013 01:03 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
Quote:Rick pretty clearly didn't "choose" to fight them as he was trying to get them to band together.

Which is even more dumb. He can't live with Carrol who had his and his family's interest at heart even if she was twisted, but he's going to live under the same roof as that guy. 03-lmfao

The difference was Rick had a tank turret pointing at him. It makes you say things you wouldn't otherwise say.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 01:17 AM by Sirloin Burger.)
12-02-2013 01:11 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 01:11 AM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  The difference was Rick had a tank turret pointing at him. It makes you say things you wouldn't otherwise say.

Which is stupid too. What kind of leader puts himself in 10 feet away from in front of 25 guns and a tank to begin with. Even when he was fumbling around telling him whatever he thought would buy him some time he didn't even tell him what he wanted to hear that they would leave so he could walk back up that hill and regroup.
12-02-2013 01:53 AM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(12-02-2013 01:53 AM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 01:11 AM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  The difference was Rick had a tank turret pointing at him. It makes you say things you wouldn't otherwise say.

Which is stupid too. What kind of leader puts himself in 10 feet away from in front of 25 guns and a tank to begin with. Even when he was fumbling around telling him whatever he thought would buy him some time he didn't even tell him what he wanted to hear that they would leave so he could walk back up that hill and regroup.

C'mon Jonesy. They are movie people. They have to do these things. Otherwise there would be no story and the rest of us would have to take up reading books.
12-02-2013 01:58 AM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

It was the tank that made him walk toward the governor. The governors people were just sitting ducks without it. I also believe Rick wasn't buying time. I think he was genuinely trying to call a truce.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 02:08 AM by Sirloin Burger.)
12-02-2013 02:04 AM
Shrack Offline
All American

Yeah. It's not exactly something you can sit there and watch on a tv screen and try to analyze. I mean I do that same stuff all of the time and over analyze, but in real life people actually do make incredibly stupid decisions and mistakes.

Quote:Which is even more dumb. He can't live with Carrol who had his and his family's interest at heart even if she was twisted, but he's going to live under the same roof as that guy. 03-lmfao Yeah. Rick was like the kid caught with his hand in the candy jar saying anything trying to buy time yet he didn't do the most obvious thing that would have and potentially even saved herchel by taking the Gov up on his offer.

It also wasn't that he "can't live with Carol", but more that he thought she was going to be killed if she came back.

Quote:Do you really think those average joe people would have shot them in the back or allowed their leader to as they were all driving off (together, organized, and with supplies I might add), as much convincing as they need to even be there? I don't.

It's more about how he is a master of manipulation. And you can say whatever you want, but he killed a guy's brother and then had that same man driving his tank around for him. Most of the randoms would probably just let it slide because they're looking out for themselves. I mean, you watched the episode right? Those average joes watched him cut off an old, defenseless man's head with a sword and tried to go through with the plan of assaulting the prison along side with him.

And like I said, Rick didn't choose to fight 5 minutes later. Rick didn't want a conflict at all, but he also didn't want to be transporting a bunch of sick people around either on a crowded bus with limited supplies. He tried to reason with them. Them being the other people following the governor. I'm pretty sure that ultimately all of those people would have gone through with banding together had The Governor not started the fight. It wasn't a "how can I lie to buy us more time so we can murder all of these people" kind of moment for Rick. He was thinking from a more humane and civil perspective like Herschel had tried to ingrain in him through all of their talks. That was pretty much the entire point of the episode.
12-02-2013 02:04 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 01:58 AM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  C'mon Jonesy. They are movie people. They have to do these things. Otherwise there would be no story and the rest of us would have to take up reading books.

I just find it hard to believe you can't write a compelling realistic story with out having some stupid crap like an 8 year old digging in the dirt in the zombie apocalypse. There are parents that won't let their 8 year olds play in their front yard but we are to believe these are the survivors when much of the time they use some of the poorest judgment imaginable where it's hard to imagine them lasting 2 hours.
12-02-2013 02:05 AM
Shrack Offline
All American

Holy crap. I'm going to stop responding lol. I think the obvious answer here would be that they had captured Herschel and Michonne and hadn't killed them, but were clearly threatening to if he didn't come talk with them?
12-02-2013 02:06 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-02-2013 02:06 AM)Shrack Wrote:  Holy crap. I'm going to stop responding lol. I think the obvious answer here would be that they had captured Herschel and Michonne and hadn't killed them, but were clearly threatening to if he didn't come talk with them?

Sure so if they were important enough to expose yourself like that why not continue to follow his others orders and tell him what he wanted to hear. It's not consistent. Hey, I'm going to walk down here to bumble and fumble around and tell you to shove it even when you take a sword out and threaten him more. **** he could done that from up there. He basically told him to kill him.
12-02-2013 02:11 AM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

(12-02-2013 02:06 AM)Shrack Wrote:  

Holy crap. I'm going to stop responding lol. I think the obvious answer here would be that they had captured Herschel and Michonne and hadn't killed them, but were clearly threatening to if he didn't come talk with them?

lol, I forgot about those 2 just like Rick did when he stood firm against Blake's ultimatum which subsequently got Hershel killed.
12-02-2013 02:20 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(12-02-2013 02:20 AM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 02:06 AM)Shrack Wrote:  

lol, I forgot about those 2 just like Rick did when he stood firm against Blake's ultimatum which subsequently got Hershel killed.

My only beef was that the Gov's weak ass took 3-5 chops to get Hershel's head off. Michonne would have done it in one slice. I thought she was gonna behead him when she came up from behind. Then I realized she was gonna leave him to turn. Then the other chick brains him and he gets to die. Would have been cool to see an episode next half with a eye-patched zombie roaming around in the background.
12-02-2013 03:20 AM
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(12-02-2013 03:20 AM)MUther Wrote:  My only beef was that the Gov's weak ass took 3-5 chops to get Hershel's head off. Michonne would have done it in one slice. I thought she was gonna behead him when she came up from behind. Then I realized she was gonna leave him to turn. Then the other chick brains him and he gets to die. Would have been cool to see an episode next half with a eye-patched zombie roaming around in the background.

I was hoping the same. I was like, yes! leave him to turn. Then blammo.

My wife had a interesting connection possibly. In the Talking Dead preview the only thing they could show you was Carl leading those 2 walkers like dogs somewhere. She pondered if Carl was the one leaving the rat bait all around and drawing them in and if possibly he was the one that actually killed the 2 and Carol was covering for him. Or at the very least he was the one with the bait.
12-02-2013 07:59 AM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
that preview they showed was terrible, I sat through all of talking dead and stayed up for nothing.
03-zzz
12-02-2013 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
I switched from the Skins game at 10:55 to watch it. Preview did nothing at all. If it's true what the writer said about anything else would spoil it, the first episode back better be epic as well.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 11:21 AM by bit_9.)
12-02-2013 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.