dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
RE: OT: The Walking Dead [Warning: Spoilers]
(02-22-2017 07:39 AM)Funslinger Wrote:  
(02-21-2017 06:32 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(02-20-2017 07:03 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(02-20-2017 05:13 PM)Funslinger Wrote:  
(02-20-2017 03:39 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  Damn. All this time I thought you were a man. My apologies ma'am.

WTF? Men aren't capable of doing laundry, dishes, and cleaning the house? WTF?

I think he was joking. lol

I was joking. Everybody seems to be on edge to be offended. Like they just can't wait. These folks wouldn't have lasted long back in my old Marine Corps barracks where chops were busted non stop and nothing was off the menu including moms.

Full disclosure I'm way better at all the things listed than my wife is. We both do them now that I'm retired but it was just a joke.

Since written communication is a more difficult medium than speech to relay sarcasm and veiled humor try using the appropriate emoticons to avoid confusion. There are a large number of people who would make your post in all sincerity. ;-)

Or you could uncoil your spring loaded righteousness just a little? Insert shrugged shoulder emoticon here.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 09:46 AM by dahbeed.)
02-22-2017 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Im kinda curious as why the new group speaks so oddly. I mean, its not like the apocalypse occurred 2 generations ago and new dialects have developed. Civilization broke down just a few years ago and everyone in Georgia would likely still be using the same speaking style as had always existed. I hope we aren't entering a "Warriors" style story line where every "group" has a gimmick. Whats next---a bunch of bald Turnbull AC's or bat wielding refugees from a KISS concert calling themselves the Baseball Furies?
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017 03:41 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-22-2017 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Even 6 or 7 years is enough for a language to devolve like that? I mean I guess look at Waco and other cults. I wonder how long those took?

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.
02-22-2017 08:20 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-22-2017 09:28 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(02-20-2017 07:03 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(02-20-2017 05:13 PM)Funslinger Wrote:  WTF? Men aren't capable of doing laundry, dishes, and cleaning the house? WTF?

I think he was joking. lol

I was joking. Everybody seems to be on edge to be offended. Like they just can't wait. These folks wouldn't have lasted long back in my old Marine Corps barracks where chops were busted non stop and nothing was off the menu including moms.

Full disclosure I'm way better at all the things listed than my wife is. We both do them now that I'm retired but it was just a joke.

Since written communication is a more difficult medium than speech to relay sarcasm and veiled humor try using the appropriate emoticons to avoid confusion. There are a large number of people who would make your post in all sincerity. ;-)

Or you could uncoil your spring loaded righteousness just a little? Insert shrugged shoulder emoticon here.

Now who is jumping to conclusions? My spring loaded righteousness? It has nothing to do with righteousness and everything to do with clear communications. Did you not notice my wink?
02-23-2017 07:52 AM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(02-23-2017 07:52 AM)Funslinger Wrote:  
(02-20-2017 07:03 PM)Volkmar Wrote:  I think he was joking. lol

Now who is jumping to conclusions? My spring loaded righteousness? It has nothing to do with righteousness and everything to do with clear communications. Did you not notice my wink?

The spring loaded righteousness was in reference to your ALL CAPS what the fu**s you used as bookends in your first one. Did you not see my shrugged shoulder spelled out? Insert smiley face here.

By using ALL CAPS your clear communications were that you were pissssed and ready to pounce!!!!!!! Exclamation marks used for emphasis. Insert smiley faces toasting beer mugs here.
02-23-2017 12:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlytc Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-22-2017 08:20 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Even 6 or 7 years is enough for a language to devolve like that? I mean I guess look at Waco and other cults. I wonder how long those took?

Ever watched Alaskan Bush People? They're devolving weekly.
02-23-2017 02:43 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
You have 50-60 people and they only use about fifteen words between them? Even at a funeral, the audience speaks more than that. Just way too much silence. The meeting breaks up and not one person speaks to another? They sure as hell need a water cooler or break room.

The hand signals are odd, but perhaps they evolved from military signals used when silence is important.
02-23-2017 07:30 PM
bit_9 Offline

(02-23-2017 02:43 PM)mlytc Wrote:  
(02-22-2017 08:20 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. Even 6 or 7 years is enough for a language to devolve like that? I mean I guess look at Waco and other cults. I wonder how long those took?

Hadn't heard of that. Just Google and do the kids think they're vampires from a few different vampire movies?

02-23-2017 09:40 PM
mlytc Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-23-2017 09:40 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 02:43 PM)mlytc Wrote:  

Hadn't heard of that. Just Google and do the kids think they're vampires from a few different vampire movies?

I'm thinking more along the lines of not enough branches in the old family tree.
02-23-2017 10:13 PM
bit_9 Offline

Yeah. Definitely a street light.
02-23-2017 10:48 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(02-23-2017 12:17 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 07:52 AM)Funslinger Wrote:  
(02-21-2017 06:32 PM)dahbeed Wrote:  I was joking. Everybody seems to be on edge to be offended. Like they just can't wait. These folks wouldn't have lasted long back in my old Marine Corps barracks where chops were busted non stop and nothing was off the menu including moms.

The spring loaded righteousness was in reference to your ALL CAPS what the fu**s you used as bookends in your first one. Did you not see my shrugged shoulder spelled out? Insert smiley face here.

By using ALL CAPS your clear communications were that you were pissssed and ready to pounce!!!!!!! Exclamation marks used for emphasis. Insert smiley faces toasting beer mugs here.

No. My all caps were because it's an acronym. Acronyms like NASA are supposed to be in all caps. At least in the US. The British often write Nasa. LOL
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 01:58 AM by Funslinger.)
02-24-2017 01:56 AM
MONARCHSWIN Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
So, do you think Eugene is converting to follow negan or is he secretly plotting to overthrow the whole damn place? If the wives were wanting to kill negan, why would Eugene refuse to help?
02-27-2017 04:32 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(02-27-2017 04:32 PM)MONARCHSWIN Wrote:  So, do you think Eugene is converting to follow negan or is he secretly plotting to overthrow the whole damn place? If the wives were wanting to kill negan, why would Eugene refuse to help?

They just lied to him about whom they were poisoning, they threatened to tell on him if he didn't help, why on earth would he trust them not to bungle the job and get his ass thrown in the furnace as he was just made to witness? Eugene is a coward. He will preserve himself, first. He can now be appreciated and pampered. But I agree, they are setting us up to be disappointed in him and he will somehow come out of this a hero. It's the first time he's got to flex a little power and he might take a while to savor it before he does the right thing.
02-27-2017 05:28 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(02-27-2017 04:32 PM)MONARCHSWIN Wrote:  So, do you think Eugene is converting to follow negan or is he secretly plotting to overthrow the whole damn place? If the wives were wanting to kill negan, why would Eugene refuse to help?

Secretly plotting.
02-27-2017 06:20 PM
bit_9 Offline

Yeah. He's in self preservation mode for sure. He's not dumb those girls would f it up big time and he'd get roasted or t'd up for sure. I am curious how this works out for him tho. Seems to me a Dwight and Eugene hate Negan fan club is about to have its first meeting.

02-27-2017 09:08 PM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
He's definitely plotting against the Saviors. It showed him smiling when he was walking away after explaing about using the smelter to preserve the walkers.
02-28-2017 08:22 PM
eagle04 Offline
All American

(02-28-2017 08:22 PM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  He's definitely plotting against the Saviors. It showed him smiling when he was walking away after explaing about using the smelter to preserve the walkers.

You could be right. In my opinion, he was smirking because he used his old lie about being a high level scientist to save his ass once again and it worked.
03-06-2017 10:45 AM
eagle04 Offline
All American

Thoughts on this weeks episode?
03-06-2017 10:45 AM
mlytc Offline
Bench Warmer

Moved way too slow and the deer in the carnival was terrible CGI.
03-06-2017 11:25 AM
eagle04 Offline
All American

(03-06-2017 11:25 AM)mlytc Wrote:  Moved way too slow and the deer in the carnival was terrible CGI.

Yeah that was garbage. It also seams to me like the acting, lighting, etc was different. Had a very different look.

I think they are just having filler episodes until the fight with the saviors.
03-06-2017 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.