Bookmark and Share
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
RE: OT: The Walking Dead
(02-25-2013 10:48 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 08:53 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 03:29 PM)07owl Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 02:37 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  In the comics, I believe that once the Governor is defeated (killed) Rick and Michonne wind up leading the survivors at Woodberry. However, we need to keep in mind that the TV series differs greatly from the comic.

Here's a twist to consider: "Neegan" is a character in the comics that protects survivors for a price (whatever he wants, mainly food and such; what if Rick and the crew wind up fleeing the prison, then meet up with Neegan who in turns helps them take back the prison... and then he becomes the main bad guy. It's a thought.

As it stands now, I do not know how Rick's group can win unless they resort to gorilla warfare and surprise attacks at night, used to thin out the fighters at Woodberry. They must go on the offensive if they want to win OR Andrea must kill the governor. At this point, I would be willing to bet that the governor kills her first. Who knows? It's fun speculating, though.

Gorilla warfare is always dangerous

How is it more dangerous than regular warfare? Serious question, as I do not know how to wage war.

Guerrillas hold the upper hand because they're more familiar with the geography of an area. They also often have the luxury of having the enemy come to them. This means that they can set up snipers, boobie traps, ambushes, etc. In the world of the show it means that the complicated structure and obstacles of the prison and it's grounds gives them a real advantage if they can manipulate their resources in the right way.

Oh, I thought that you were suggesting that the survivors would be making a mistake in choosing guerrilla (thanks for spelling it correctly, btw) tactics in lieu of conventional defenses.

The governor will be too impatient to lay long-term siege to the prison, so he'll probably attack recklessly while the new "inmates" would be smart to follow the tactics you suggested.

I'm looking really forward to the rest of this season's episodes. I've been thinking about something: "How should the show end?"

My perfect ending would take place years from now, after Carl has had time to grow into his early or mid-teens (let's say 7 years from now). I can picture it now... Carl is holed-up with his father and a few survivors in a bunker of some kind as Walkers overrun the place; Rick is sick with something and will obviously not survive much longer. Carl looks to his father for approval and his father agrees to hold-off the Walkers as best he can while Carl (now, with Rick's approval, the new leader of whatever group remains) leads the others out to whatever they may face. Rick shoots until he runs out of bullets then uses Michonne's (whose dead by now) sword... until, exhausted, he falls prey to the undead.

The screen goes black and the credits roll. No happy ending, no cure, no re-establishment of society. Keep it bleak, dark... let the viewers wonder aloud what will happen with Carl.

One more note: Maggie is too hot to be killed off. God, they must keep her alive!
02-25-2013 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(02-25-2013 10:04 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 09:15 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  The misogyny among the fans is amazing. First everyone hated Lori. Now she's gone, everyone hates Andrea. If she dies, who's next: Carol, Maggie, Beth or Michonne? My money's on Carol.

Lori was fine until the love triangle got major air time
I've always hated Andrea.
Beth is growing on me. (HATED the suicide arc)
Michonne actor sucks
Maggie was fine last season but this season is a bit meh
Carol is BAMF

I'm betting you disliked the old lady with arthritis in Woodbury last night too.
02-25-2013 11:49 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(02-25-2013 11:49 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 10:04 PM)PurpleReigns2012 Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 09:15 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  The misogyny among the fans is amazing. First everyone hated Lori. Now she's gone, everyone hates Andrea. If she dies, who's next: Carol, Maggie, Beth or Michonne? My money's on Carol.

Lori was fine until the love triangle got major air time
I've always hated Andrea.
Beth is growing on me. (HATED the suicide arc)
Michonne actor sucks
Maggie was fine last season but this season is a bit meh
Carol is BAMF

I'm betting you disliked the old lady with arthritis in Woodbury last night too.

Paid her no mind actually 03-razz
02-26-2013 10:20 AM
bit_9 Online

I Root For: ODU
Is it misogynist if my wife hates Andrea also? She also didn't like Lori after the hole love triangle thing and her blatantly poor parenting. I don't know if it was writing, acting or if they are intending to do it but it's mainly just those 2 characters that I've disliked to the point that I just want them to die. No problems with any of the other women and really like Carols character. I like Michonne as well despite the strange acting. I think she may be trying too hard to be mysterious and it's coming across strange, shrug.
02-26-2013 12:36 PM
laureleagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
My fiance, whose name is also Andrea, hates Andrea.
02-26-2013 02:01 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Women can be misogynistic too.
02-26-2013 02:29 PM
laureleagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Somebody may be trying a little too hard to start an internet fight here, haha

[Image: failedtroll.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 02:42 PM by laureleagle.)
02-26-2013 02:40 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

haha
02-26-2013 03:12 PM
bit_9 Online

I Root For: ODU
haha. What the woman on the show should be saying:

[Image: demotivation-posters-auto-300805.jpeg]
02-26-2013 03:40 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

Ricks cold, and it's getting kind of hard to pull for him when he has so little disregard for others. They threw the 4 people out last week basically to die and then didn't even look at the hitchhiker tonight. Say what you will about the other camp but they actually helped a bunch of useless people and are glade to take in more. The Rick crowd doesn't even take people in when they are offering to help you fight your problems and that are capable of pulling their own weight. Also you need people with guns and you had 4 offering to help and you kick them out or a guy that obviously would have gladly joined tonight. What the heck use are stacks of guns without people to use them.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 11:56 PM by StillJonesing.)
03-03-2013 11:55 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
It was a dick move on Rick's part to leave that hitch hiker stranded left to get chewed on by walkers. And then he took his stuff to put the icing on the cake. I do think that if the dude had still been alive on the way back they would've taken him in.
03-04-2013 12:22 AM
Mgt2j Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Was anyone else disappointed with how Morgan was brought back into the show tonight? I remembered him from the first season, and thought when he was brought back he would have some ground breaking information about what was happening elsewhere in the world. Oh well I sure He will find his way back into the story now he has been reintroduced.
03-04-2013 02:01 AM
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys
(03-04-2013 12:22 AM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  It was a dick move on Rick's part to leave that hitch hiker stranded left to get chewed on by walkers. And then he took his stuff to put the icing on the cake. I do think that if the dude had still been alive on the way back they would've taken him in.

TV Rick doesn't trust anybody now. I can't believe they had him send Tyrese away.
03-04-2013 06:46 AM
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys
(02-25-2013 02:37 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  In the comics, I believe that once the Governor is defeated (killed) Rick and Michonne wind up leading the survivors at Woodberry. However, we need to keep in mind that the TV series differs greatly from the comic.

Here's a twist to consider: "Neegan" is a character in the comics that protects survivors for a price (whatever he wants, mainly food and such; what if Rick and the crew wind up fleeing the prison, then meet up with Neegan who in turns helps them take back the prison... and then he becomes the main bad guy. It's a thought.

As it stands now, I do not know how Rick's group can win unless they resort to gorilla warfare and surprise attacks at night, used to thin out the fighters at Woodberry. They must go on the offensive if they want to win OR Andrea must kill the governor. At this point, I would be willing to bet that the governor kills her first. Who knows? It's fun speculating, though.

That is not how the story goes in the books. But comic book Lori gets killed in those attacks, so the story is already pretty far afield.

Governor is also a lot more obviously bat ****crazy and brutal in the books.
03-04-2013 06:52 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2013 12:22 AM)RonBurgundy Wrote:  It was a dick move on Rick's part to leave that hitch hiker stranded left to get chewed on by walkers. And then he took his stuff to put the icing on the cake.

It's pretty bad when he gave a group of convicts, some of which tried to kill him more of a chance than he is people today.
03-04-2013 10:09 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

The convicts ruined it for everybody else
03-04-2013 10:20 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Rick is in an interesting situation as the leader. How do you trust people you don't know? He's had so many people that are only out for their own interest and want to take whatever they can from whoever for their own gain no matter what the cost. He wants to protect his own no matter what. And that has brought him to a lack of trust in outsiders.

And on the topic of Tyreese, I think he was about to let them stay until he saw that vision of Lori. Then he started going a little crazy.

And I liked how they introduced Morgan. It showed two men with boys who were at the same place. One went one way, one went another. And it seems Rick saw what was happening to himself and he saw Morgan as a future him. I think we've started to see the end of crazy Rick. I think he's come to his own mind a bit.

And the Governor knows that his group has tons of guns and a safe place. They don't just let anyone in. Look what they did to the military. They only let the weak in so that he can dominate them.
03-04-2013 10:26 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2013 10:26 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Rick is in an interesting situation as the leader. How do you trust people you don't know? He's had so many people that are only out for their own interest and want to take whatever they can from whoever for their own gain no matter what the cost. He wants to protect his own no matter what.

He wouldn't have had an "own" with out trusting people and if he operated like this then he wouldn't have either.

Quote:And on the topic of Tyreese, I think he was about to let them stay until he saw that vision of Lori. Then he started going a little crazy.

exactly why his Ricktatorship is boarderline pathetic at this point. Let's send out the group that snuck into the prision and that will probably wonder to the next civilazation if they don't die and be glad to help them against us since we threw them out to the wolves. This when they were offering to help us and pull their own weight. Guy has no vision at this point.

Quote:And the Governor knows that his group has tons of guns and a safe place. They don't just let anyone in. Look what they did to the military. They only let the weak in so that he can dominate them.

Still about as much compassion than than new Rick group. The only thing Rick isn't doing is executing these people themselves when you leave a guy with no weapons on the side of the road.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 11:17 AM by StillJonesing.)
03-04-2013 11:17 AM
EagNBran Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
We'll see what happens.
03-04-2013 11:33 AM
Weatherdemon Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
I'm not sure it would've been a good idea to pick up the hitchhiker while traveling to acquire weapons.
Would you want to go into a large stash of weapons with someone you just met in that situation?

Had he been alive and ignored on the way back I might feel differently about that particular situation.
03-04-2013 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.