Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Walking Dead [Warning: Spoilers]
Bookmark and Share
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
RE: OT: The Walking Dead
Not much happened in this episode, but it seemed like it was setting up the rest of the season. The voice on the radio, the horde of walkers, and several people in the prison getting sick. I'm not sure what is going to Glen though. I'd be shocked if they kill him off.
10-29-2013 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys
(10-29-2013 05:37 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Way I look at it, they have to move soon. Been at the prison too long. That mass of walkers they encountered on the highway may be coming their way.

Herd moved them from the farm. Since Prison has just become Farm 2: Undead Boogaloo, it would be appropriate
10-29-2013 09:19 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(10-29-2013 09:57 AM)HSV_BLAZER Wrote:  Not much happened in this episode, but it seemed like it was setting up the rest of the season. The voice on the radio, the horde of walkers, and several people in the prison getting sick. I'm not sure what is going to Glen though. I'd be shocked if they kill him off.

I agree that things were being set up for the rest of the season.

I would not worry too much about Glen, yet. He'll pull through, although I am not sure about Herschel. BTW, it wold be awesome for The Governor to be hiding in the prison somewhere... polluting the water supply. Herschel could be waling around when all of a sudden he is knocked out by the Gov. While the others are looking for him, Herschel could take his time in cutting the other leg off...

Herschel needs to die horribly, as he's one of the "moral leaders" of the show.

As for "moving": you can't feed yourself for long while on the move... armies have had issues resupplying themselves for centuries as even they can't live off of the land alone. They need a place to hole-up in. They do need to have "distraction teams" or something of the sort to cull the walkers from the compound, however.
10-29-2013 10:08 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Read some spoilers for the upcoming episodes. If they're true, some bad **** is going to go down.
10-29-2013 11:31 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

(10-29-2013 11:31 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Read some spoilers for the upcoming episodes. If they're true, some bad **** is going to go down.

Don't share them... but damn you for teasing like that. You're no better than those strippers who dance ohhhh so close.... but never quite get close enough.

It just ain't right.
10-30-2013 12:50 PM
Sirloin Burger Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU & VT
A WD cast member hints of a "Red Wedding" type episode.

For those who don't follow HBO's Game of Thrones, it was an episode where a lot of characters were killed off in the last episode of season 3.

Hopefully this turns the show in a different direction. It may bring back some fans who are now in a coma from watching this series.
10-30-2013 01:15 PM
bit_9 Online

I Root For: ODU
Red Wedding episode was all like
[Image: baby-jaw-drop-crop1.jpg]
10-30-2013 02:43 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-28-2013 10:21 PM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  
(10-28-2013 09:23 PM)OVERHERD Wrote:  Show is better when they are moving and fighting.

In the movie World War Z, Brad Pitt's character says "Movement is Life". Keep moving if you want to survive.

Unfortunately, it seems the directors don't want that to happen.

Here we are in the fourth season and nothing has really happened. People are dying off, but that's it.

I've lost interest.

Thank God Paramount gave the green light for WWZ 2. Can't wait.

Moving is possible for the short term, but to be out there as long as they have, it isn't doable. It may make for more run-ins with others/zombies, but it definitely wouldn't be a good move.
10-30-2013 05:12 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Directors do seem to be milking the location, even though it is a good location.
10-30-2013 06:57 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(10-30-2013 12:50 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  
(10-29-2013 11:31 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Read some spoilers for the upcoming episodes. If they're true, some bad **** is going to go down.

Don't share them... but damn you for teasing like that. You're no better than those strippers who dance ohhhh so close.... but never quite get close enough.

It just ain't right.

I would never share spoilers. I know most people don't want to see them.

I'm just happy that the story appears to be progressing in the next few episodes.
10-30-2013 08:04 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-30-2013 06:57 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Directors do seem to be milking the location, even though it is a good location.

It's a cheap location. Georgia has many benefits for film.
10-30-2013 09:36 PM
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys
(10-30-2013 01:15 PM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  A WD cast member hints of a "Red Wedding" type episode.

For those who don't follow HBO's Game of Thrones, it was an episode where a lot of characters were killed off in the last episode of season 3.

Hopefully this turns the show in a different direction. It may bring back some fans who are now in a coma from watching this series.

I think they will wind up killing off most of the new characters. I felt like that when they brought them from Woodbury. Just fodder for zombies or other gruesome deaths.
10-31-2013 06:11 AM
Ned Low Offline
All American

I'll start off tonight by saying that I really don't see how someone could not be enjoying this season so far. It's been solid and I love the direction of the characters.

Rick made the right decision in letting Carol go her own way. It had to be done for the integrity of the group, although I am not sure that Daryl will be too thrilled.

It will be a lot of fun to have a story arch that consists of her return. I'm still waiting for "The Hunters" to turn up; maybe they will find Carol. Maybe Carol will run into The Governor? I have to admit that I'm intrigued.

I think that the virus will have run it's course by the mid-season finale. I still have no idea who is feeding the rats' Lizzy's character seems a bit too obvious.
11-03-2013 11:10 PM
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
(11-03-2013 11:10 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  I'll start off tonight by saying that I really don't see how someone could not be enjoying this season so far. It's been solid and I love the direction of the characters.

Rick made the right decision in letting Carol go her own way. It had to be done for the integrity of the group, although I am not sure that Daryl will be too thrilled.

It will be a lot of fun to have a story arch that consists of her return. I'm still waiting for "The Hunters" to turn up; maybe they will find Carol. Maybe Carol will run into The Governor? I have to admit that I'm intrigued.

I think that the virus will have run it's course by the mid-season finale. I still have no idea who is feeding the rats' Lizzy's character seems a bit too obvious.

I think it's the alcoholic medic. you can't trust us. COGS
11-03-2013 11:36 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-03-2013 11:10 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  I'll start off tonight by saying that I really don't see how someone could not be enjoying this season so far. It's been solid and I love the direction of the characters.

I'm actually fine with the story lines and struggle to survive/drama with other groups etc. The damn Zombies are just lame though after you watch WWZ or Dawn of the Dead etc. When you got 50 year old women karate kicking them down they are just lame. It litterly takes a herds to make them scary or herds of 7500 to make it interesting anymore when Herchel could hop on one leg away from two or three of them.
11-03-2013 11:59 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

OT: The Walking Dead
(11-03-2013 11:59 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  

I'm actually fine with the story lines and struggle to survive/drama with other groups etc. The damn Zombies are just lame though after you watch WWZ or Dawn of the Dead etc. When you got 50 year old women karate kicking them down they are just lame. It litterly takes a herds to make them scary or herds of 7500 to make it interesting anymore when Herchel could hop on one leg away from two or three of them.

Fast zombies are a dumb concept.
11-04-2013 01:51 AM
Ned Low Offline
All American

(11-04-2013 01:51 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 11:59 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  

Fast zombies are a dumb concept.

I agree. These things are dead; at first, they may be able to move fairly quick for something dead but eventually, rot will set in and they will have to slow down as their limbs decay.

However, I liked Day of The Dead (the remake), too. WWZ was good, but a disappointment for those that read the book.
11-04-2013 11:19 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

If these were 28 Days Later zombies... everyone on the show would be dead.

Even though they were technically "infected" and not "zombies."
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 11:22 AM by ECUGrad07.)
11-04-2013 11:21 AM
Tigerfan21 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis, THFC
I am not ok with Rick's decision. I don't think that was his decision to make. He should have presented his findings to the council to let them decide, since he gave up the Ricktatorship last season. It is no different than what Rick did in seasons past... Rick saw a threat, and he eliminated it (Woodbury, the 2 people in the bar when he went to find Herschel, Shane, etc...)

But overall, I still like this season, and the You Cant Come Back theme it has going on.
11-04-2013 11:37 AM
johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MTSU
I totally disagree Rick's decision for ditching Carol. Rick talks a big talk but only does the "moral" thing in his own narrow minded playbook. Shane tried the same thing on Rick...take a ride with 2 and come back with 1.

How many people has Rick killed in his own "moral" authority? His character is clueless, not resourceful, boring and I officially dislike his character after last night's directional shift. They have built him up to be poor leader and for some reason everyone still follows him? I don't get it. Why didn't they offer a council vote on Carol's decision?

The show is great and I really enjoy the plot lines. I just don't like Rick's character like I once did.

11-04-2013 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.