Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: The Walking Dead [Warning: Spoilers]
Bookmark and Share
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: OT: The Walking Dead
I think Rick told her to leave because he was going to tell Tyrese. By not allowing her back, he thinks he's saving her life.

I liked last night's episode. I was glad to see an episode that took place almost exclusively away from the prison.
11-04-2013 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
I agree with "Niner National"...If she stuck around and Tyrese finds out, she's as good as dead herself, we can only speculate whether or not her actions were warranted on everyone that was coughing, & frankly, I think Rick was leery of her demeanor after she so casually stated what she'd done in the previous episode, like she'd taken out the garbage or something. Part of me wanted to see her do the Tango with one of those "walkers." Just my suspicions, I think she's "snapped", albeit ever so quietly, & I wouldn't be surprised if her road trip leads her to "The Governor." (((((shudder))))))
11-04-2013 12:36 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
disappointed in this season so far. I think the show is on the verge of jumping the shark.

they need to be out of the prison. what made the show better was the insecurity of being out in the open. With the (relative) safety of the prison (the virus thing is hokey), the suspense of the show is gone. you can have character development AND suspense in a show.
11-04-2013 12:40 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
It's episode four and we haven't had a main character die yet this season. I thin that makes this an amazing season thus far by itself.
11-04-2013 05:48 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
(11-04-2013 12:40 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  disappointed in this season so far. I think the show is on the verge of jumping the shark.

they need to be out of the prison. what made the show better was the insecurity of being out in the open. With the (relative) safety of the prison (the virus thing is hokey), the suspense of the show is gone. you can have character development AND suspense in a show.

Yeah, you may be right, but that walker mob of hundreds is only 50 miles away. They may be forced at some point to leave.
11-04-2013 05:55 PM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
I was surprised how little happened in this episode after all of the setup in the previous one. No mention of the horde or the voice on the radio. No mention of the rat feedings for two episodes. Maybe next week will be when it picks up again.
11-04-2013 06:04 PM
OVERHERD Offline
Damphair

I Root For: The Greyjoys
(11-04-2013 01:51 AM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 11:59 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 11:10 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  I'll start off tonight by saying that I really don't see how someone could not be enjoying this season so far. It's been solid and I love the direction of the characters.

I'm actually fine with the story lines and struggle to survive/drama with other groups etc. The damn Zombies are just lame though after you watch WWZ or Dawn of the Dead etc. When you got 50 year old women karate kicking them down they are just lame. It litterly takes a herds to make them scary or herds of 7500 to make it interesting anymore when Herchel could hop on one leg away from two or three of them.

Fast zombies are a dumb concept.

Agree. That is the core concept, they aren't cunning or fast or agile. They just keep coming. By the dozen, the hundred, the thousand.

WWZ the movie was a shallow mockery of a pretty good book. Not on the level of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, but still pretty weak sauce, imo.
11-04-2013 09:22 PM
TheEastisPurple Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB Football
(11-03-2013 11:10 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  I'll start off tonight by saying that I really don't see how someone could not be enjoying this season so far. It's been solid and I love the direction of the characters.

I'm actually fine with the story lines and struggle to survive/drama with other groups etc. The damn Zombies are just lame though after you watch WWZ or Dawn of the Dead etc. When you got 50 year old women karate kicking them down they are just lame. It litterly takes a herds to make them scary or herds of 7500 to make it interesting anymore when Herchel could hop on one leg away from two or three of them.

It's zombies! Any form is dumb if you think about it for too long. I agree that fast zombies would suck. The show would have been over halfway through season 1. That said, these zombies that immediately turn to mush and you can stomp on their head and it explodes are kind of weak.

I love the zombie genre but these zombies are way too weak. It's like the writers feel the pressure to show them multiple times an episode but don't want to kill people off that often. I mean we have seen people use guns what like twice so far this season? That is stupid. If you can fight them off with knives and sharpened sticks, they aren't really a threat are they?

I'm all for more story line and less zombies but when the zombies become a joke, only killing characters when the writers decide it is time, you might as well get out of the genre and just have a regular old drama show. It is turning into "The Happening" where main characters only die by their own stupidity, not the fact that seemingly 90% of the population has turned into brain eating mindless monsters.
11-05-2013 12:58 AM
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
How many people have died from zombies this season? The girl last night, one person at the supermarket, and a few when the virus started killing people in the prison. Not many at all.
11-05-2013 09:57 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
If Carol doesn't do some act of attrition, we may not see her again unless the Governor gets her.
11-06-2013 09:37 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(11-06-2013 09:37 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  If Carol doesn't do some act of attrition, we may not see her again unless the Governor gets her.

One of the season preview clips shows her with Rick, Glenn, Maggie, and Michonne standing around a pile of burning bodies, so I think it is pretty safe to assume she will return.

I'm guessing she will run into the horde of zombies and return to warn everyone.
11-06-2013 01:18 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(11-06-2013 01:18 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 09:37 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  If Carol doesn't do some act of attrition, we may not see her again unless the Governor gets her.

One of the season preview clips shows her with Rick, Glenn, Maggie, and Michonne standing around a pile of burning bodies, so I think it is pretty safe to assume she will return.

I'm guessing she will run into the horde of zombies and return to warn everyone.
Good catch. Glad to hear she will probably be back.
11-07-2013 11:13 AM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU

I think that might of just been shot for promo purposes, there are several like that.

But, know for a fact we will see her again, otherwise she would of been on "Talking Dead"
11-07-2013 11:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-05-2013 12:58 AM)TheEastisPurple Wrote:  

It's zombies! Any form is dumb if you think about it for too long. I agree that fast zombies would suck. The show would have been over halfway through season 1. That said, these zombies that immediately turn to mush and you can stomp on their head and it explodes are kind of weak.

I love the zombie genre but these zombies are way too weak. It's like the writers feel the pressure to show them multiple times an episode but don't want to kill people off that often. I mean we have seen people use guns what like twice so far this season? That is stupid. If you can fight them off with knives and sharpened sticks, they aren't really a threat are they?

I'm all for more story line and less zombies but when the zombies become a joke, only killing characters when the writers decide it is time, you might as well get out of the genre and just have a regular old drama show. It is turning into "The Happening" where main characters only die by their own stupidity, not the fact that seemingly 90% of the population has turned into brain eating mindless monsters.

Bingo 07-coffee3
11-07-2013 01:42 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(11-07-2013 11:40 AM)NCowl Wrote:  

I think that might of just been shot for promo purposes, there are several like that.

But, know for a fact we will see her again, otherwise she would of been on "Talking Dead"

Technically she was... 03-wink
11-08-2013 12:52 PM
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
So the governor is back 02-13-banana
11-10-2013 10:29 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(11-10-2013 10:29 PM)RoyK Wrote:  So the governor is back 02-13-banana

He better watch his back. There is a Samurai Sword with his name on it.
11-10-2013 10:39 PM
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
(11-10-2013 10:39 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Tru but he got the element of surprise. 03-nutkick
11-10-2013 10:42 PM
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(11-10-2013 10:42 PM)RoyK Wrote:  

Just not surpreye's. Rimshot
11-10-2013 10:43 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(11-10-2013 10:42 PM)RoyK Wrote:  

Maybe....She has not given up looking for him and she aint scared.
11-10-2013 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.