Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GTS' ACC Map
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
RE: GTS' ACC Map
Can we trade ND to the B1G for Maryland and Rutgers? The B1G would assume all of Maryland and Rutgers current debt.

Just kidding, of course, but it would fill in the map nicely.
04-30-2013 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Anyone one says Cincinnati and Temple are a push has not been watching very closely.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 11:34 AM by CliftonAve.)
04-30-2013 11:24 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
Cincinnati is the next best choice for membership connecting the dots on the map and bringing Ohio into the ACC market. Great teams both annual top 25 see last two years ..Football last five years a top 16 when years combined, Basketball, do we need to say all-time top 25 team. Billion dollar endowment, Top research University, Top 25 campuses in the world by Forbes. 70 million dollar stadium renovation and access within 3 miles to 65k seat PBS Stadium whenever we need it. Top 28 TV market etc....
04-30-2013 11:59 AM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(04-30-2013 04:26 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 10:31 PM)TerryD Wrote:  I don't see ND joining any conference full time, ever.

P.S. If I am wrong and ND gets to select #16, it will not be WVU (even without a GOR).
Terry,
Suspend disbelief for just a moment and let's say ND does join the ACC one day as #15... who do YOU think the Irish would want as #16 (and we'll assume this is a team ND would play every year)?

There is no school that is not bound by a GOR that I can think of, to be honest.

Maybe a combo of Navy/Georgetown?

Suspending all belief/reality? Texas.

Other than that? Got me.
04-30-2013 12:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(04-29-2013 07:59 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  I would think if Notre Dame were to join the ACC as a full member then there would be some sort of an agreement amongst them and the conference on exactly WHO would get the final invite #16. I would also think that if Notre Dame decides against full membership, with the majority of the countries football conferences moving to 9 or 10 game conference schedule then they might actually move from their agreement of 5 games to 7 or possibly 8 games.

I honestly think the more conference games played amongst conferences will be what makes the Irish look into full membership more so than any other past missed opportunities. How will the Irish get all those traditional games against the USC, Standford, Mich State, and otera if they are going to have to pick up more conference games??? This IMHO will be what shifts the scales in favor of the ACC in finally landing Notre Dame as a full member. Look for that 16th member to be a football first type of school for who ever the Irish want the ACC will more than likely will get, but my opinion I think WVU would be the obvious choice for their selection would only solidify the conference as a football conference once andfor all.

(04-29-2013 10:31 PM)TerryD Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 07:59 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  I would think if Notre Dame were to join the ACC as a full member then there would be some sort of an agreement amongst them and the conference on exactly WHO would get the final invite #16. I would also think that if Notre Dame decides against full membership, with the majority of the countries football conferences moving to 9 or 10 game conference schedule then they might actually move from their agreement of 5 games to 7 or possibly 8 games.

I honestly think the more conference games played amongst conferences will be what makes the Irish look into full membership more so than any other past missed opportunities. How will the Irish get all those traditional games against the USC, Standford, Mich State, and otera if they are going to have to pick up more conference games??? This IMHO will be what shifts the scales in favor of the ACC in finally landing Notre Dame as a full member. Look for that 16th member to be a football first type of school for who ever the Irish want the ACC will more than likely will get, but my opinion I think WVU would be the obvious choice for their selection would only solidify the conference as a football conference once andfor all.

I think that Southern Cal and Stanford will continue to play ND.

Navy will always be on ND's schedule.

With the five ACC games, that makes 8 games per year.

I don't think that ND will ever have trouble finding four acceptable games per year to schedule.

I don't see ND joining any conference full time, ever.

P.S. If I am wrong and ND gets to select #16, it will not be WVU (even without a GOR).

Replying to my own post:

RT @BFeldmanCBS One of the topics Pac-12 coaches will discuss this wk is trying to go to 8 conf. games (like SEC does it) down from 9.
04-30-2013 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Cincinnati does not bring Ohio. Outside of Cincinnati they are a MAC school. Ohioans rally around the Buckeyes and in NW Ohio there is a large UM fanbase.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 12:32 PM by esayem.)
04-30-2013 12:31 PM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
Cincinnati is a metro area of over 2.5 million people. You have nothing in northern KY a Cincinnati suburb booming area 3 miles from our campus. You have nothing in Southeast Indiana a Cincy suburb you have nothing in southern ohio to West Virginia. That is All Cincy TV market. You also could really use an annual top 25 Football program to compete against the other Bigs...We already have beaten a good portion of these teams in the last five years,
Syracuse about 4 times Pitt about four times, UL about three times, Duke last year with out a coach!, N C State split with 2 of last 3 years, VA Tech last year. In football we would be a perfect addition. In basketball we don't even need to go over wins over NC. NC State, Wake, Fla State, Duke, UL, Pitt, Syracuse, etc .........I don't think anyone in the nation thinks of Cincy as a MAC School. In the last two tears alone Cincy is one of six schools to be ranked in top 25 in both sports.
04-30-2013 12:58 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Cincinnati does bring a good bit of Ohio. I have family in NW Ohio that are UC fans.
04-30-2013 01:46 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(04-30-2013 12:58 PM)Bearcat T Wrote:  Cincinnati is a metro area of over 2.5 million people. You have nothing in northern KY a Cincinnati suburb booming area 3 miles from our campus. You have nothing in Southeast Indiana a Cincy suburb you have nothing in southern ohio to West Virginia. That is All Cincy TV market. You also could really use an annual top 25 Football program to compete against the other Bigs...We already have beaten a good portion of these teams in the last five years,
Syracuse about 4 times Pitt about four times, UL about three times, Duke last year with out a coach!, N C State split with 2 of last 3 years, VA Tech last year. In football we would be a perfect addition. In basketball we don't even need to go over wins over NC. NC State, Wake, Fla State, Duke, UL, Pitt, Syracuse, etc .........I don't think anyone in the nation thinks of Cincy as a MAC School. In the last two tears alone Cincy is one of six schools to be ranked in top 25 in both sports.

This may be one reason Cincinnati doesn't get the credit it deserves - the UC TV market is actually divided across several states. UC can't win its own state, but when you combine them all Bearcat Nation is pretty big.
(Still, there is that embarrassingly low home attendance)
04-30-2013 01:57 PM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

Well, I don't want to come across as bashing UC. The only way we get bigger is with ND, and if UC dominates the American and so on and so forth, let it be.
04-30-2013 02:44 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-30-2013 02:44 PM)esayem Wrote:  Well, I don't want to come across as bashing UC. The only way we get bigger is with ND, and if UC dominates the American and so on and so forth, let it be.

No arguments there! I don't see ANY schools outside of Notre Dame and Texas which clearly make the ACC more valuable.

Gee, now I'm sounding like a Big XII apologist! 03-puke
04-30-2013 03:05 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

IF geographic contiguousness matters*, annex a state with good recruiting, like Ohio (or reacquire Maryland):

[Image: recruitingintoacc2-png.jpg]

*Q: if it matters for the conference, why doesn't it matter for divisions?

If being contiguous doesn't matter, go after Texas!
04-30-2013 03:36 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(04-30-2013 03:36 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  IF geographic contiguousness matters*, annex a state with good recruiting, like Ohio (or reacquire Maryland):

[Image: recruitingintoacc2-png.jpg]

*Q: if it matters for the conference, why doesn't it matter for divisions?

If being contiguous doesn't matter, go after Texas!
Why stop there? I say we move on Cuba.

As a distraction, we can send our western flank (Kentucky and Indiana divisions) down through Tennessee, Alabama, and part of Mississippi and engage the SEC in southern LA in "the battle for new orleans." Also, the northern flank (PA, NY, and MA divisions) can push through Canada and suprise attack the B1G in "the battle for detroit."

Meanwhile, we make our real move and send the southern flank (VA, NC, SC, GA, and FL divisions) into Cuba via the Bahamas. That should give us a presence south of the SEC, which will box them in. Our northern push through Canada will also box in the B1G to the north.

Even if the B1G beats us back to Canada in the North and the SEC beats our western division back to the southern territory in the south, then we are in no real danger of losing the the eastern parts of our conference. We should have forces in the north and the south and mountains in the middle. Indiana and Kentucky would be on their own, but they're scrappy and could hold out for long enough for the southern forces to reinforce their positions. I have absolute faith in them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-0dTpzNzwo
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 04:41 PM by nzmorange.)
04-30-2013 04:35 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(04-28-2013 07:05 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  ... work in progress ... I'll crop out non-existent states in the final.

License: cc-by-nc-3.0 ... final will have mention of ACCbbs in it ... and that has to stay in it if you use it.

[Image: acc-map.png]

Hey GTS, how does one go about making one of these? I'd love to do one up for the Big East.
04-30-2013 04:44 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
If the ACC ever went to 16 I'd want to bring in.....
1) WVU, 2) Cincinnati, 3) UConn
..... and that's assuming ND stays independent.
04-30-2013 04:50 PM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
Ohio Northeast and Southwest especially is one of the most fertile College football recruiting areas in the Nation. The greater Cincinnati area is a religion for high school football. The GMAC and GCL in particular rival any conferences in the nation. College Football recruiters flock to Cincy like they do in Texas and Florida. It would be a good area for the ACC to recruit. ND, Pitt, Uof L already get a few from here most years. It would be much more open to ACC schools if Cincy were a member! lol
05-01-2013 09:52 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2013 09:52 AM)Bearcat T Wrote:  Ohio Northeast and Southwest especially is one of the most fertile College football recruiting areas in the Nation. The greater Cincinnati area is a religion for high school football. The GMAC and GCL in particular rival any conferences in the nation. College Football recruiters flock to Cincy like they do in Texas and Florida. It would be a good area for the ACC to recruit. ND, Pitt, Uof L already get a few from here most years. It would be much more open to ACC schools if Cincy were a member! lol

IMO, this is why Cincinnati continues to be mentioned as the next team to be called up to the P5...
05-01-2013 10:12 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Ohio, Pa, FL, Al and Texas are by far the best Football recruiting grounds in the USA.
05-01-2013 11:38 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2013 11:38 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Ohio, Pa, FL, Al and Texas are by far the best Football recruiting grounds in the USA.

Umm, CA & GA ?
05-01-2013 12:43 PM
esayem Online
Hark The Sound!

Actually having Cincy out of the top 5 conferences would allow Pitt and UL to out recruit them for Ohio recruits. I just don't buy the argument that we need Cincy to recruit northeastern Ohio.
05-01-2013 12:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.