Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3 on 3 Final Four weekend tournament - AAC team suggestions
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
3 on 3 Final Four weekend tournament - AAC team suggestions
We need 4 seniors that have completed their eligibility not playing in the Final Four to man our conference's team . While I'm sure we are all hoping no Cincinnati or Wichita State players are not eligible, take your best shot at our 4 man team.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2...ournament/

Dates, details released for $100,000 3-on-3 tournament
By Rob DausterFeb 5, 2018, 11:00 AM EST

Details of the $100,000 3-on-3 tournament that will be taking place at the Final Four were announced on Monday morning.

The tournament — which has been branded the 3X3U National Championship — will be played from Friday, March 30th, through Sunday, April 1st.

The way it works is this: There will be 32 four-man teams competing in the event. Each one of those teams will be made up of players from the same conference, seniors that have completed all of their eligibility. (Full disclosure: I am on the Selection Committee for these teams.)

Those 32 teams will be broken up into eight pools of four teams, and those four teams will then play three pool play games on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. The winners will advance to play in an eight-team tournament that will take place on Sunday, with the finals being a best-of-three series.

Every win will earn that team $1,000, or $250 per team member, until the finals, where the champ will take home a cool $50,000 to split between the four of them.

All of the games will be broadcast live on twitter until the championship series, which will be live on ESPN2.

The rosters will officially be revealed during the four days before the start of the tournament and can only consist of players from teams that did not reach the Final Four. A second watch-list will be released in February.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 11:43 AM by Bearcat2012.)
02-05-2018 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
RE: 3 on 3 Final Four weekend tournament - AAC team suggestions
Sounds interesting.
02-05-2018 11:43 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
the tier 1 pool is Clark, Washington, gray, Morris (wichita), josh brown (temple)

tier 2:Cameron Reynolds (tulane), Junior Etou (tulsa), Corey Henderson, Jr.(tulsa), Conner Frankamp (wichita), A.J. Davis (ucf), Devin Davis (houston)

we aren't a senior heavy league, wichita is the only team loaded with seniors (we do have a ton of juniors expected to declare tho)

if non of our teams are in the final 4 and everyone is willing to play; clark, washington and gray are locks, the last pick will be tough as it will need to be another guard
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 12:30 PM by pesik.)
02-05-2018 12:29 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Kyle Washington would be an absolute force in 3 on 3. If you can't double team him, he is going to score over you.
02-05-2018 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BrooklynRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardozo HS
Clark, Washington, Morris and Gray.
02-05-2018 01:29 PM
Advertisement

SadderBudweiser Offline
1st String

I Root For: $$$$MU
(02-05-2018 01:29 PM)BrooklynRocket Wrote:  Clark, Washington, Morris and Gray.

Is it wheelchair basketball?

I’ll take Dawkins, Fall and Shaquem Griffin over SMU’s Milton, Foster and Ray.
02-05-2018 02:04 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Speaking about my team, although I believe Clark is a better all-around player, I think Washington would be better in a 3-on-3 format. An argument could be made for Shaquille Morris in the big man role as well, although I don't think he is quite as good of a perimeter defender as the other two. Obviously Rob Gray has to be on the team. I'll take Cameron Reynolds for his length and versatility. For the 4th, I'm torn... do you take a big guy who can shoot the 3 like Etou? Or a 3-and-D perimeter player like Emelogu? Or do you want a 2nd point guard like Josh Brown or BJ Tyson?
02-05-2018 07:17 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Ollie for Head Coach???
02-05-2018 07:18 PM
AndShock Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wichita State
(02-05-2018 12:29 PM)pesik Wrote:  the tier 1 pool is Clark, Washington, gray, Morris (wichita), josh brown (temple)

tier 2:Cameron Reynolds (tulane), Junior Etou (tulsa), Corey Henderson, Jr.(tulsa), Conner Frankamp (wichita), A.J. Davis (ucf), Devin Davis (houston)

we aren't a senior heavy league, wichita is the only team loaded with seniors (we do have a ton of juniors expected to declare tho)

if non of our teams are in the final 4 and everyone is willing to play; clark, washington and gray are locks, the last pick will be tough as it will need to be another guard

Shaq is way too slow for 3v3. Frankamp is the only possible pick from WSU and he would dominate offensively in 3v3.
02-05-2018 07:22 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Why not include Juniors, who are planning to declare?
02-05-2018 07:25 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(02-05-2018 07:17 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Speaking about my team, although I believe Clark is a better all-around player, I think Washington would be better in a 3-on-3 format. An argument could be made for Shaquille Morris in the big man role as well, although I don't think he is quite as good of a perimeter defender as the other two. Obviously Rob Gray has to be on the team. I'll take Cameron Reynolds for his length and versatility. For the 4th, I'm torn... do you take a big guy who can shoot the 3 like Etou? Or a 3-and-D perimeter player like Emelogu? Or do you want a 2nd point guard like Josh Brown or BJ Tyson?

Obi Enechionyia, big man who can stretch the defense open up driving lanes?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 08:40 PM by TU4ever.)
02-05-2018 08:40 PM
BrooklynRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardozo HS
(02-05-2018 07:25 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Why not include Juniors, who are planning to declare?

They probably don't want to put pressure on them to forego their eligibility over a such low stakes tournament.
02-05-2018 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.