Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump wants a parade.
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Trump wants a parade.
Girlfriend and I were in London a few years ago. We did not realize it was the Queen's Birthday. She wanted to hear the chimes of Big Ben, so we hopped the tube down to Westminster, arriving at 11:55. Just as we made our way to street level, the chimes started. Immediately afterwards, we were startled to see about half of the RAF fly over. We wandered over to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard, to be informed that on her birthday, they always did it to favorite songs of the queen. So we got to see the changing of the guard performed to "Somewhere over the Rainbow." Not exactly military marching music.

These pomp and circumstance rituals are part of daily life over there. I wouldn't mind having some of that here. By the way, little known fact, the tune we know as "Pomp and Circumstance" here (the one they play for graduation) is actually the national anthem of England, "Land of Hope and Glory." The UK anthem is "God Save the Queen," of course, but each of the component nations also has its own anthem.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 05:35 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
02-07-2018 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
I'm with the collective eye roll of the Pentagon.
02-07-2018 05:30 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Trump wants a parade.
(02-07-2018 05:14 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 05:10 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Surely you can see the difference between a parade in conjunction with a national holiday and a parade ORDERED by the president for no reason other than to show how big his dick is, right?

I see no reason why it would not be appropriate to have such a parade on July 4. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea, actually.

If they do this, have the Fife and Drum, drum lines, the Services official bands, the Service academy bands, flag corps, a “whatever is appropriate” size representation of each of the Branches in dress gear, parade wooden weapons, maybe pull some jets behind jeeps, whatever else of that type.

IOW’s, tasteful.

I don’t really need to see a bunch of trident missiles on flatbeds or tanks rumbling through our streets. Maybe troop carriers filled with waving troops, or whatever else can be rolled down a road without tearing it up. Light armor type stuff. I’m not well enough versed to keep picking, but I think you (generic you, not you personally) get it.
02-07-2018 05:40 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-07-2018 03:40 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:27 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:22 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:18 PM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  We have all seen this type of parade before, it was in 1940’s Nazi Germany. Can we all now agree that Trump is the most dangerous person this planet has ever seen? I mean does he literally have to start marching human beings into camps before the right will acknowledge his danger?

03-lmfao This is a knockout punch to the left, they are in a no win position. And the beauty is they never saw it coming.

don't kid yourself.....they saw it coming.....they simply didn't know how to combat it.....

Combat what? What will this silly display prove or accomplish besides wasting money and time. If you don't care, don't show up. That's how you combat it. But he'll probably try to make it mandatory for you to attend,. Stand at attention, and salute. 05-stirthepot

the bold is what the majority of your 05-stirthepot posts consist of...

if one doesn't show up, whoopy fk'n dooooo.....who in THEE heyall is talking about "mandatory attendance" for civilians.....or were you referencing the ones that would more than be willing to attend that serve our country that protect our freedoms???

nice attempt though.....

it's not easy being a lefty these days, eh?
02-07-2018 05:40 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Trump wants a parade.
Get rid of them dang militaristic airshows. Parading all that militaristic equipment around. And get off my lawn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
02-07-2018 05:44 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-07-2018 05:40 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:40 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:27 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:22 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 03:18 PM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  We have all seen this type of parade before, it was in 1940’s Nazi Germany. Can we all now agree that Trump is the most dangerous person this planet has ever seen? I mean does he literally have to start marching human beings into camps before the right will acknowledge his danger?

03-lmfao This is a knockout punch to the left, they are in a no win position. And the beauty is they never saw it coming.

don't kid yourself.....they saw it coming.....they simply didn't know how to combat it.....

Combat what? What will this silly display prove or accomplish besides wasting money and time. If you don't care, don't show up. That's how you combat it. But he'll probably try to make it mandatory for you to attend,. Stand at attention, and salute. 05-stirthepot

the bold is what the majority of your 05-stirthepot posts consist of...

if one doesn't show up, whoopy fk'n dooooo.....who in THEE heyall is talking about "mandatory attendance" for civilians.....or were you referencing the ones that would more than be willing to attend that serve our country that protect our freedoms???

nice attempt though.....

it's not easy being a lefty these days, eh?
Let's make it a big tailgate party for all our big bombs and guns and junk. We've had enough freak parades in washington.
02-07-2018 05:46 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(02-07-2018 05:40 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  If they do this, have the Fife and Drum, drum lines, the Services official bands, the Service academy bands, flag corps, a “whatever is appropriate” size representation of each of the Branches in dress gear, parade wooden weapons, maybe pull some jets behind jeeps, whatever else of that type.

IOW’s, tasteful.

I don’t really need to see a bunch of trident missiles on flatbeds or tanks rumbling through our streets. Maybe troop carriers filled with waving troops, or whatever else can be rolled down a road without tearing it up. Light armor type stuff. I’m not well enough versed to keep picking, but I think you (generic you, not you personally) get it.

I agree with you. I'm all for a parade, but I don't think we need to haul out the tanks and the missiles.
02-07-2018 05:49 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(02-07-2018 05:49 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 05:40 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  If they do this, have the Fife and Drum, drum lines, the Services official bands, the Service academy bands, flag corps, a “whatever is appropriate” size representation of each of the Branches in dress gear, parade wooden weapons, maybe pull some jets behind jeeps, whatever else of that type.

IOW’s, tasteful.

I agree with you. I'm all for a parade, but I don't think we need to haul out the tanks and the missiles.
Weenies

[Image: tnkas-penn-ave-760x1024.jpg]
02-07-2018 05:55 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-07-2018 03:18 PM)Tulanefan32 Wrote:  We have all seen this type of parade before, it was in 1940’s Nazi Germany. Can we all now agree that Trump is the most dangerous person this planet has ever seen?

Nope.
02-07-2018 06:25 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(02-07-2018 05:44 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  Get rid of them dang militaristic airshows. Parading all that militaristic equipment around. And get off my lawn.

Air shows are cool.
02-07-2018 06:33 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(02-07-2018 06:33 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 05:44 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  Get rid of them dang militaristic airshows. Parading all that militaristic equipment around. And get off my lawn.

Air shows are cool.
My favorite
https://youtu.be/zndm19l61YM
02-07-2018 06:42 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
A short history of national military parades...

1865 - Andrew Johnson - Victory in Civil War
1919 - Woodrow Wilson - Victory in WWI
1946 - Harry Truman - Victory in WWII
1991 - George H. W. Bush - Victory in Gulf War
2018 - Donald Trump - Victory in The War on Christmas
02-07-2018 09:40 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Estimated cost of Trump's military parade: $17.2 million

Cost to provide housing for every homeless veteran in America (40,000): $24.7 million

Trump wants a military parade in his honor. Veterans want to sleep out of the cold & rain.

Where do you want your tax dollars to go?
02-07-2018 09:41 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

Reductio ad Hitlerum and Godwin's Law in full use here. As usual...the result of not having arguments based on facts or reality..but.. solely on emotion.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 09:50 PM by Fo Shizzle.)
02-07-2018 09:48 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(02-07-2018 05:02 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 04:42 PM)miko33 Wrote:  There is zero reason to have a large military parade in the U.S. Places like the former USSR, today's Russia and other countries like this make these types of parades. I think they are referred to as "Hell Marches". For a country that celebrates liberty and equal protection under the law for all citizens...NO THANK YOU to a large scale military parade.

The ignorance on this board is astounding

Our nation was built on a constitution. Despite the UK embracing democracy and its constitutional monarchy - it's heritage was that of a monarchy that wanted to build an empire. Same as France, Germany, Japan and virtually every other country. These parades are remnants of a bygone era of monarchies. That's not who we are. You have shown plenty of ignorance on this board yourself. I recall you were grossly ignorant of what the Jefferson Bible was all about, so you should check yourself before you cast stones at others.
02-07-2018 09:51 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I only have one request...No clowns in the parade. They scare the kids.07-coffee3
02-07-2018 09:53 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(02-07-2018 09:41 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Estimated cost of Trump's military parade: $17.2 million

Cost to provide housing for every homeless veteran in America (40,000): $24.7 million

Trump wants a military parade in his honor. Veterans want to sleep out of the cold & rain.

Where do you want your tax dollars to go?

Funny you ask that, just how much of our dollars did the previous administration give to failed alternative energy companies? How many homeless people would've gotten food and shelter from that? Why the hell weren't you pounding your chest then? We know the answer I just want to watch you deflect.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 10:00 PM by gdunn.)
02-07-2018 10:00 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Woooo

You guys only care about crony capitalism when it’s green energy.

Btw..... that program has paid for itself many times over. Look it up. I’ve posted about it before. Fact is wind energy is kicking nuclear’s behind right now. Trump had to do all he can to cripple solar.

All that you complain about? It’s like complaining about the Hoover Dam. It pays for itself many times over
02-07-2018 10:10 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Trump wants a parade.
Only $17M? It needs to be bigger than that. Maybe we can invite the Russian army to join.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
02-07-2018 10:11 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-07-2018 09:51 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Our nation was built on a constitution. Despite the UK embracing democracy and its constitutional monarchy - it's heritage was that of a monarchy that wanted to build an empire. Same as France, Germany, Japan and virtually every other country. These parades are remnants of a bygone era of monarchies. That's not who we are. You have shown plenty of ignorance on this board yourself. I recall you were grossly ignorant of what the Jefferson Bible was all about, so you should check yourself before you cast stones at others.

So which story do you want to stick with....that only totalitarian countries parade their military or do you want to include former empires that are now constitutional republics?

Here's some more videos of military parades.

But I thought I was just told that wasn't who we are?

03-lmfao
02-07-2018 10:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.