Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach of the Year
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
Coach of the Year
I would expect Bennett would win but I think if State finishes 10-8 or better in conference a good case can be made for Keats. He has done wonders for the Pack.
02-18-2018 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
RE: Coach of the Year
Brad Brownell and Buzz Williams should get some votes too. Padgett has done some good thing but the ACC can't give it to Louisville. I think it is Bennetts to lose at this point.
02-18-2018 04:46 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Should clearly be Brownell. No other team has surpassed preseason ratings as much as Clemson.
02-18-2018 05:57 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2018 05:57 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Should clearly be Brownell. No other team has surpassed preseason ratings as much as Clemson.
You are probably right. If State wins these last 4 and Clemson fades maybe Keats. But if Virginia wins out he beats them both.
02-18-2018 07:36 PM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
It has to be Brownell.
02-19-2018 10:32 AM
HRFlossY Offline
1st String

I Root For: L' ville
Fist fight between Brownell and Bennett.05-mafia
02-19-2018 12:14 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
It will be Brownell.
02-19-2018 02:40 PM
tigersroll Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Clearly Josh Pastner!
02-19-2018 09:51 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(02-19-2018 09:51 PM)tigersroll Wrote:  Clearly Josh Pastner!

And we appreciate your financial contribution to the Brian Gregory retirement fund as well.
02-20-2018 12:22 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Coach of the Year
Rick Pitino is undefeated in the ACC this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-20-2018 05:00 AM
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
This shouldn't even be a question, it should be Bennett. Absolutely dominant team. Brownell has done a great job, but by far Bennett deserves it.

I don't know why the ACC even calls it "Coach of the Year" in either sport, it should be called "Coach of the Mediocre Team that Exceeded Expectations They Would Be Terrible".

For the love of God, UVA started the season unranked and has the number one team in the country, so it's not like he didn't do the ACC's requisite overachieving. It should be unanimous.

(And this is coming from a fan of a team who's coach has two of these ACC Coach of the Year trophies this century...two more than Coach K, and the same as Roy Williams...a pair who've combined for a mere five national titles in that span...)
02-20-2018 09:41 AM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(02-20-2018 09:41 AM)Lou_C Wrote:  This shouldn't even be a question, it should be Bennett. Absolutely dominant team. Brownell has done a great job, but by far Bennett deserves it.

I don't know why the ACC even calls it "Coach of the Year" in either sport, it should be called "Coach of the Mediocre Team that Exceeded Expectations They Would Be Terrible".

For the love of God, UVA started the season unranked and has the number one team in the country, so it's not like he didn't do the ACC's requisite overachieving. It should be unanimous.

(And this is coming from a fan of a team who's coach has two of these ACC Coach of the Year trophies this century...two more than Coach K, and the same as Roy Williams...a pair who've combined for a mere five national titles in that span...)

People seem to forget that UVa wasn't 'supposed to be this good'.

As for national championships... meh, they are overrated.
07-coffee3
02-20-2018 10:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kaplony Offline

(02-20-2018 09:41 AM)Lou_C Wrote:  This shouldn't even be a question, it should be Bennett. Absolutely dominant team. Brownell has done a great job, but by far Bennett deserves it.

TO be absolutely fair they were the second team in the receiving votes category in both the AP and coaches polls so it's not like they came out of nowhere.
02-20-2018 11:38 AM
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
(02-20-2018 11:38 AM)Kaplony Wrote:  

TO be absolutely fair they were the second team in the receiving votes category in both the AP and coaches polls so it's not like they came out of nowhere.

Since when do you have to "come out of nowhere" to be coach of the year? He's got the multi-week #1 team in the country and thoroughly dominated the conference. If they'd started #10 in the polls he'd deserve it...starting unranked, it shouldn't even be in question.

I'm not knocking Brownell's work this year...but having the number one team in the country, and the far most dominant team in the conference, is the best coaching performance in the ACC.
02-20-2018 01:11 PM
Kaplony Offline

(02-20-2018 01:11 PM)Lou_C Wrote:  

Since when do you have to "come out of nowhere" to be coach of the year? He's got the multi-week #1 team in the country and thoroughly dominated the conference. If they'd started #10 in the polls he'd deserve it...starting unranked, it shouldn't even be in question.

I'm not knocking Brownell's work this year...but having the number one team in the country, and the far most dominant team in the conference, is the best coaching performance in the ACC.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. You are equating the best team = best coaching performance. Taking a team that was predicted to be pretty good to the top of the conference isn't as good of a coaching performance as taking a team that was picked 13th in conference and wasn't even garnering consideration of a top 25 vote to the top four in the conference despite losing the team's best player for the season midway through conference play.
02-20-2018 01:36 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(02-20-2018 01:36 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 01:11 PM)Lou_C Wrote:  

We'll just have to agree to disagree. You are equating the best team = best coaching performance. Taking a team that was predicted to be pretty good to the top of the conference isn't as good of a coaching performance as taking a team that was picked 13th in conference and wasn't even garnering consideration of a top 25 vote to the top four in the conference despite losing the team's best player for the season midway through conference play.

There are still three games left so they might finish there but they might slip while others win out. There are 3 teams at 9-6 (Clemson, VT, NCSU) and 3 teams at 8-7 (Miami, FSU, UL) so any other them could end up as the 4th seed when all is said and done.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018 05:28 PM by dawgitall.)
02-22-2018 05:23 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-22-2018 05:23 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  There are still three games left so they might finish there but they might slip while others win out. There are 3 teams at 9-6 (Clemson, VT, NCSU) and 3 teams at 8-7 (Miami, FSU, UL) so any other them could end up as the 4th seed when all is said and done.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIAzUV056x4R98-8SwEd1...HpD2zsDxOp]
02-23-2018 03:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

Okay I think Kevin Keats is coach of the year. 21-10 & 11-7 with wins over Duke, UNC-CH, Arizona, and Clemson. Tied for third in the conference. That is extremely impressive.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2018 10:27 PM by dawgitall.)
03-03-2018 10:06 PM
wahoowa Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators
(02-20-2018 10:47 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  As for national championships... meh, they are overrated.

Great point Mark, except we have national championships. The hoakies, not so much. Not one, not in anything.
03-04-2018 09:35 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2018 09:35 PM)wahoowa Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 10:47 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  As for national championships... meh, they are overrated.

Great point Mark, except we have national championships. The hoakies, not so much. Not one, not in anything.

No one gets anything past you, Huh
(except maybe a joke?)
07-coffee3
03-05-2018 01:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.