Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UWF continues to make advances
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
Exclamation RE: UWF continues to make advances
I think Georgia State was playing an independent Div II/FCS schedule when it actually received an invite.
03-09-2018 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
We were in the CAA.

Look dude, I will make two bold statements I will not look up to validate the veracity of....

1) No school without a football team has ever received an invite to an FBS conference.

2) No Division II school has ever received an FBS conference invite.

So...that leaves Kennesaw. And under current rules imposed by the BOR in Georgia you have to have cash in hand to do any building project in athletics. They have none.

So that eliminates your entire list. I think we are done here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018 08:26 PM by panama.)
03-09-2018 05:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FloridaJag Offline
All American

RE: UWF continues to make advances
(03-09-2018 05:56 PM)panama Wrote:  We were in the CAA.

Look dude, I will make two bold statements I will not look up to validate the veracity of....

1) No school without a football team has ever received an invite to an FBS conference.

2) No Division II school has ever received an FBS conference invite.

So...that leaves Kennesaw. And under current rules imposed by the BOR in Georgia you have to have cash in hand to do any building project in athletics. They have none.

So that eliminates your entire list. I think we are done here.

So UWF will never get cash to build athletics from Georgia? 04-chairshot

Last time I checked, Kennesaw State is FCS.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 04:07 AM by FloridaJag.)
03-10-2018 04:05 AM
panama Offline
Legend

Serious question.

Have you ever been diagnosed as having a learning disability?

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

03-10-2018 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FloridaJag Offline
All American

(03-10-2018 08:11 AM)panama Wrote:  Serious question.

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

No, but it appears you have been.

I see that you can comprehend.

UWF is in Florida with a growing enrollment. Nothing is stopping UWF from becoming FCS if it they choose to do so in the next two years.

Kennesaw State can start a fundraising drive to obtain the money needed to build a stadium. Probably, would get support from the county or city.

Your shouts of never never belong in Neverland. Let's face it Panama, you are just a negative guy.
03-10-2018 12:58 PM
AZcats Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
Can this thread and all future treads about UWF and Kennesaw joining the Sun Belt be moved to a smack board or the spin room.

NCAA men's basketball first round:

#2 West Florida (28-3) . 73
#7 Barry (20-8) ........... 90
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 06:29 PM by AZcats.)
03-10-2018 06:26 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(03-10-2018 06:26 PM)AZcats Wrote:  Can this thread and all future treads about UWF and Kennesaw joining the Sun Belt be moved to a smack board or the spin room.

NCAA men's basketball first round:

#2 West Florida (28-3) . 73
#7 Barry (20-8) ........... 90
Or realigment

03-11-2018 10:32 AM
panama Offline
Legend

(03-10-2018 12:58 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

UWF is in Florida with a growing enrollment. Nothing is stopping UWF from becoming FCS if it they choose to do so in the next two years.

Kennesaw State can start a fundraising drive to obtain the money needed to build a stadium. Probably, would get support from the county or city.

Your shouts of never never belong in Neverland. Let's face it Panama, you are just a negative guy.
Kennesaw State plays in a 8300 seat pre existing stadium that's is usually 1/4 to 1/2 full. They have not been able to raise funds for a football building much less expand their stadium to FBS standards. They are what GSU was accused of being for so many years, a commuter school. Students go to school and go home. They are where we were in about 1992. If you're averaging 2k butts in seats you're not going to FBS in a decade if ever.

West Florida would seem to be even more insurmountable. They would have to move to FCS which they do not seem to be trying to do and then to FBS. If you havek money which they do not appear to have, you can fast track that in maybe 10 years. They have no stadium. They would have to basically decide to invest what, $100M they don't have over the next decade to become an FBS program nobody is asking for but you.

I am sure that these schools will make it to FBS by 2035 at which point you will declare victory.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 03:47 PM by panama.)
03-11-2018 10:44 AM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

(03-11-2018 10:44 AM)panama Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

Kennesaw State plays in a 8300 seat pre existing stadium that's is usually 1/4 to 1/2 full. They have not been able to raise funds for a football building much less expand their stadium to FBS standards. They are what GSU was accused of being for so many years, a commuter school. Students go to school and go home. They are where we were in about 1992. If you're averaging 2k butts in seats you're not going to FBS in a decade if ever.

West Florida would seem to be even more insurmountable. They would have to move to FCS which they do not seem to be trying to do and then to FBS. If you havek money which they do not appear to have, you can fast track that in maybe 10 years. They have no stadium. They would have to basically decide to invest what, $100M they don't have over the next decade to become an FBS program nobody is asking for but you.

I am sure that these schools will make it to FBS by 2035 at which point you will declare victory.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...724153001/

UWF is coming along quick. The SBC should take a hard look at UWF, Kennesaw State and FGCU.
12-26-2019 11:02 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

UWF should stay at the level they are at. I don't think they have any desire to move to FBS. They want to be an academics first school. They have a nice niche in division two, in that, there is a ton of lower tier local talent that is not Division 1 worthy. They can be a dominant power at the Division 2 level or move up and be mediocre. If they do decide to move up for some reason, I really don't think they would ever go beyond FCS.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 11:11 AM by Jugnaut.)
12-26-2019 11:11 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(12-26-2019 11:02 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

UWF is coming along quick. The SBC should take a hard look at UWF, Kennesaw State and FGCU.

Why?

UWF has 12k students and a 5k football stadium. And Division II. Let them move up at the right pace to FCS and let the natural steps occur.

FGCU has 15k students and no football and I don't see the SBC reaching out for extra BBall only schools.

Plus UWF is 2 hours from Troy and South Alabama and a recruiting ground for both.
12-26-2019 11:53 AM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

(12-26-2019 11:11 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

UWF should stay at the level they are at. I don't think they have any desire to move to FBS. They want to be an academics first school. They have a nice niche in division two, in that, there is a ton of lower tier local talent that is not Division 1 worthy. They can be a dominant power at the Division 2 level or move up and be mediocre. If they do decide to move up for some reason, I really don't think they would ever go beyond FCS.

I thought the goal of every school is academics first?

Pensacola and Mobile are sister cities and in friendly competition. Mobile has a an FBS team, so Pensacola will eventually push for an FBS team. Roughly 45 miles between each city.

Mobile County population - 414,515
Escambia County population - 313,258

Baldwin county is between Mobile and Escambia Counties - population 212,619

UWF, KSU, UNF, FGCU - SBC comparison

Texas State enrollment - 38,661
Kennesaw State enrollment ~ 38,000
Georgia State enrollment - 34,284
Georgia Southern enrollment - 23,134
Louisiana Lafayette enrollment - 19,291
Appalachian State enrollment - 19,280
Troy enrollment - 16,981
North Florida enrollment - 16,309
South Alabama enrollment - 15,093
Arkansas State enrollment - 13,891
Florida Gulf Coast enrollment - 13,871
West Florida enrollment - 12,850
Coastal Carolina enrollment - 10,479
Louisiana Monroe enrollment - 8,854
12-26-2019 12:15 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(12-26-2019 12:15 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

Pensacola and Mobile are sister cities and in friendly competition. Mobile has a an FBS team, so Pensacola will eventually push for an FBS team. Roughly 45 miles between each city.

Troy enrollment - 16,981

I meant that UWF has a mindset that football could divert focus from it's academic mission. I really don't see it moving up beyond FCS ever. I'm from Pensacola. There was a huge debate about whether to even add football in the first place. Division 2 is perfect for UWF.
12-26-2019 12:34 PM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
FCS football for UWF is totally feasible. Any talk of FBS football needs to be put on hold until they have established themselves at the FCS level and even then, FBS play may never be feasible.
12-26-2019 12:54 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

Troy enrollment - 16,981

So both of your Florida schools would have to grow a lot to get to Sun Belt average.

Never a reason to add a school just because they are higher than the lowest member - ULM is underfunded for FBS as it is. You want to STRENGTHEN a league, not add more bottom feeders
12-26-2019 12:56 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(12-26-2019 11:02 AM)FloridaJag Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

Lol

Yeah ok dude...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
12-26-2019 01:05 PM
panama Offline
Legend

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

Troy enrollment - 16,981
Your enrollment numbers are wrong.

...and you are still quite insane. Is nobody going to say anything about FloridaJag answering a 21 month old post? LOL.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 01:09 PM by panama.)
12-26-2019 01:07 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(12-26-2019 01:07 PM)panama Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

Troy enrollment - 16,981

...and you are still quite insane. Is nobody going to say anything about FloridaJag answering a 21 month old post? LOL.

LOL, yeh. By almost 20k for GaSt.
12-26-2019 01:10 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

(12-26-2019 01:10 PM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  
(12-26-2019 01:07 PM)panama Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 12:58 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  No, but it appears you have been.

Georgia State enrollment ~ 53,000
Troy enrollment - 16,981

LOL, yeh. By almost 20k for GaSt.

Just continuing the provocation.

Thanks for the update on Ga State. I had the 2015 enrollment number
12-26-2019 01:30 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(12-26-2019 12:34 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  

UWF is Division II
Kennesaw is in Georgia

Troy enrollment - 16,981

I meant that UWF has a mindset that football could divert focus from it's academic mission. I really don't see it moving up beyond FCS ever. I'm from Pensacola. There was a huge debate about whether to even add football in the first place. Division 2 is perfect for UWF.

Moving to the ASUN with Florida Tech and a couple of GSC buddies could help create a tight geography outside of Liberty and NJIT, could help get UNF and FGCU to pull the trigger to start football.
12-26-2019 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.