Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Tournament... TWO courts at the SAME TIME??? Seriously?
Bookmark and Share
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: CUSA Tournament... TWO courts at the SAME TIME??? Seriously?
It is embarrassing.

The deal in Hot Springs seemed much better.

The second court was in a convention area, adjacent to and connected to the "real" arena.
03-06-2018 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Judy, is sitting back looking this and saying to herself. "This is awesome."
03-06-2018 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(03-06-2018 12:49 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 12:39 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Steve Cotton posted pictures on Twitter. It looks about as bad as you'd expect.

If possible, it actually looks worse than I was imagining. Why the deuce is UNT not just hosting this thing at the Super Pit? It would look far better on TV and it's an actual basketball arena.

Agreed. Do you guys have another gym on or near campus ?

Or could they expand the days of the tournament so they could use just one court ?
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 12:54 PM by KAjunRaider.)
03-06-2018 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUCoach Online
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
It's going to look terrible and the sight lines are going to take some serious getting used to by the players.
03-06-2018 12:54 PM
Heisman

This is just further proof that we need an airport meeting. This leadership is not committed to be successful in this sport. Why the F does the league feel it's necessary to have the men's and women's at the same place at the same time?

The A10 doesn't do that. The women in Richmond. The men get Washington, DC where the Wizards and Caps play. And on different weekends.

Our league's leadership is just so absolutely clueless.
03-06-2018 12:56 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(03-06-2018 12:52 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Judy, is sitting back looking this and saying to herself. "This is awesome."

I"m sure she thinks it's tremendous

[Image: c-usa-commissioner-judy-macleod-sitting-...210228.png]
03-06-2018 12:56 PM
MonarchManiac Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
That's the worst thing I have ever seen. This is a joke.
03-06-2018 01:03 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

Looks like Frisco has another arena -- The Dr. Pepper Arena.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper_Arena

It hosted the Lone Star Conference Tourney last weekend, with these teams...
West Texas A&M
UT Permian Basin
Texas A&M-Commerce
Tarleton State
Angelo State
Cameron
Midwestern State
Eastern New Mexico
Texas A&M-Kingsville
Western New Mexico

[Image: 56bbccdc9fdf2.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C900]

[Image: 298852_DrPepperArena.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 01:07 PM by KAjunRaider.)
03-06-2018 01:04 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
The next Conference Tournament is currently in negotiation with the Billy Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, NY. It will convert twelve tennis courts to basketball courts so that the entire first round of men's and women's action can be played simultaneously. Go Judy!
03-06-2018 01:46 PM
beefcake0520 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: marshall
(03-06-2018 12:56 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  This is just further proof that we need an airport meeting. This leadership is not committed to be successful in this sport. Why the F does the league feel it's necessary to have the men's and women's at the same place at the same time?

The A10 doesn't do that. The women in Richmond. The men get Washington, DC where the Wizards and Caps play. And on different weekends.

Leadership doesn't appear to be committed to anything honestly. Football makes a little sense, but that's about it. I am all for an airport meeting, Harry referred to backroom discussions a few weeks ago in the Pilot.

As far as basketball goes, I don't understand why, after the first round or so, the higher seed can't host for that game, would make TV appearance a lot better and actually make revenue for someone. The Big South did it this way, looked pretty successful to me. They held the first round in Asheville, the after that the higher seed hosted the following game. Championship game in Radford was over capacity as a result.......... Imagine a champ game at MT, WKU, MU, USM, ODU etc, that would look awesome on TV......

This isn't the CUSA Marshall joined, or USM many moons ago. It may be time to do something else. Our bowls aren't getting better, worse if you really think on it, we went form a 2-3 bid league to 1 bid. It's just lost too much. So if we have to accept crap tv deals, crap bowls, crap leadership, getting punked for bids in the NCAA, might as well do it in a new conference.
03-06-2018 01:49 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Well that must be some cost savings there not only for the schools but for the conference as well to have 2 courts in a football practice facility. Have to wonder, but the setup probably was approved by the AD's because they would have a say in this format.
03-06-2018 01:51 PM
Maryland Monarch Offline
1st String

(03-06-2018 12:52 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Judy, is sitting back looking this and saying to herself. "This is awesome."

She's probably doing a "drive-bye" in her toy jeep, thinking she's really an innovator.
03-06-2018 01:53 PM
LouisvilleHilltopper Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
(03-06-2018 12:45 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 12:39 PM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Steve Cotton posted pictures on Twitter. It looks about as bad as you'd expect.

https://twitter.com/HerdCotton/status/97...7949785088

[Image: DXnzOMNV4AErNOQ.jpg]

[Image: DXnzOMNVAAA1R7Q.jpg]

My God....look at all the empty space behind the baskets. Average three point shooting percentage will be about 8%

Edit: HOLY **** ARE THOSE VIDEO BOARDS ON THE FLOOR AT THE CORNER OF THE COURT. YEAH THAT WONT BE DISTRACTING AT ALL FOR THE PLAYERS
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 01:57 PM by LouisvilleHilltopper.)
03-06-2018 01:55 PM
Maryland Monarch Offline
1st String

(03-06-2018 01:49 PM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 12:56 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  This is just further proof that we need an airport meeting. This leadership is not committed to be successful in this sport. Why the F does the league feel it's necessary to have the men's and women's at the same place at the same time?

Leadership doesn't appear to be committed to anything honestly. Football makes a little sense, but that's about it. I am all for an airport meeting, Harry referred to backroom discussions a few weeks ago in the Pilot.

As far as basketball goes, I don't understand why, after the first round or so, the higher seed can't host for that game, would make TV appearance a lot better and actually make revenue for someone. The Big South did it this way, looked pretty successful to me. They held the first round in Asheville, the after that the higher seed hosted the following game. Championship game in Radford was over capacity as a result.......... Imagine a champ game at MT, WKU, MU, USM, ODU etc, that would look awesome on TV......

This isn't the CUSA Marshall joined, or USM many moons ago. It may be time to do something else. Our bowls aren't getting better, worse if you really think on it, we went form a 2-3 bid league to 1 bid. It's just lost too much. So if we have to accept crap tv deals, crap bowls, crap leadership, getting punked for bids in the NCAA, might as well do it in a new conference.

Amen to everything you just posted! We seriously need to make some dramatic changes.
03-06-2018 01:57 PM
ExcitedOwl18 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
I was willing to give this a chance as I thought it was an innovative, outside the box idea and by partnering with the Cowboys, I figured the logistics and setup would be well done..

Early returns are not promising.
03-06-2018 01:58 PM
Heisman

It's going to look even worse when we are seeing it from the video camera's point of view.
03-06-2018 02:00 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
How does one log onto Stadium to watch this trainwreck?
03-06-2018 02:04 PM
johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MTSU
I came really close to going to Frisco for the tourney but didn’t. I’m glad I didn’t as everything about it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 02:05 PM by johndavidblue.)
03-06-2018 02:05 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(03-06-2018 01:58 PM)ExcitedOwl18 Wrote:  I was willing to give this a chance as I thought it was an innovative, outside the box idea and by partnering with the Cowboys, I figured the logistics and setup would be well done..

Early returns are not promising.

Agreed. I thought it was a bid odd but at the same time there's no viable slam-dunk options so why not roll the dice? Because sometimes you crap out.

I think a dual-court setup *could* work but it would have to be executed a lot better than this is.
03-06-2018 02:08 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
What an embarrassment on so many levels. But hey, Tech fans will be happy it's not in Birmingham!
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 02:14 PM by hooverblazer.)
03-06-2018 02:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.