Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OK, here is one for you!!!!
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

About a month ago we received into one of our warehouses about 300 new computers for Trigon. We inventoried them, put them on pallets, and put them up in a rack. The pallet was about 5 feet off the floor. About two weeks ago we discovered about 8 of them were missing. We called the police and got them involved. I got all of our employees together and offered a $2000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those involved. This is a remote location with two employees working there. Many days some of my guys will pick up items and take them to that warehouse. I did not want to think that any of our guys were involved, but you never know.
About 9am today I get a call from the manager of that warehouse. He tells me he knew who was taking the computers. I ask him what was up. He tells me that some guys from a sub of ours were picking up modular furniture pieces and they had taken a bin (very large cardboard box we put on a four wheel dolly to move things) back in that area. This is a 80000 sq ft warehouse and he was working on the other side and noticed this guy taking the bin back there. My guy happens by the area where the computers are stored and the bin is just sitting there. Nobody around. He happens back by about 5 minutes later and one of the computer boxes was off the pallet. He went back a couple of minutes later and another box was missing. He calls me and tells me what was going on. He tells me they were about 15 minutes from leaving. I told him to tell the guys that the salesman was on the way over to talk to them about the configuration of the furniture and panels. I am about 10 minutes away from there and on the way I call the police and tell them what was up. I told them I wanted an officer there now. I get about a third of a mile from the entrance and I see a police vehicle rolling in with his lights flashing. I think to myself, this is gonna be fun. I get to our warehouse and I see the police vehicle kind of circling the area. I see a Ryder truck heading towards me, and I recognize on of the guys in it. I catch the police officers eye and point at the truck. The truck is pulled over, and the police officer confronts the guy and he admits to taking the computers. Boom. He now has a place to stay, free of charge.
09-20-2002 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
[] - LilRedTerp - 09-20-2002, 11:50 AM
[] - rickheel - 09-20-2002 11:25 AM
[] - rickheel - 09-20-2002, 11:28 AM
[] - georgia_tech_swagger - 09-20-2002, 11:29 AM
[] - LilRedTerp - 09-20-2002, 11:30 AM
[] - NOLEY - 09-20-2002, 11:38 AM
[] - rickheel - 09-20-2002, 11:41 AM
[] - JD Heel - 09-20-2002, 11:45 AM
[] - CopsKid - 09-20-2002, 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.