Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting post on the Kansas board...
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
RE: Interesting post on the Kansas board...
(02-25-2013 11:10 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 09:11 PM)BamaWahoo Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 08:58 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 08:52 PM)BamaWahoo Wrote:  I am very dubious about the idea of UVA, with a very financially healthy athletic program, leaving the ACC without its rivals joining it. It's one thing to go B1G w/ UNC, Duke, GT, etc. It's another to leave them all behind and jump with Maryland to the B1G without any financial push to force us to move.

How receptive would they be if a Mr. SEC hypothesis were to be played out. Let's say Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, N.C. State, and Pittsburgh/F.S.U. were all offered the SEC as a group. How likely (if there was going to be a move) would it be that such an offer would be accepted? If that move was made the SEC would be at 20 with 8 AAU members.

The majority of the fanbase would be enthusiastically for it. The Administration would be enthusiastically for it if it were obvious that some of those teams were going to leave anyway. As much as I hate Duke & UNC, it's hard to imagine us not in the same conference with them.

As a Bama fan too, I'd be thrilled. Bama playing in VA and NC just about every year? Yes, please.

Other than have the ACC stay together, I can't imagine a better way to put an end to all of this nonsense than to execute a move like that one. It would leave F.S.U., Clemson, Georgia Tech and Miami free to move to the Big 12 with Louisville and another. The partnership between the two conferences would essentially end realignment as we know it.

And you wouldn't get your rule changes. If you think scheduling at 14 is crazy, Slive certainly does, then go ahead and try scheduling with two divisions and all those teams.

You and your pipe dreams. Perhaps I shouldn't even bother with you anymore.
02-26-2013 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting post on the Kansas board... - He1nousOne - 02-26-2013 10:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.