Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the SBC looses NMS, the SBC should become the
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
RE: If the SBC looses NMS, the SBC should become the
(05-14-2013 06:55 AM)BirdstheWord Wrote:  
(05-13-2013 01:07 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  I never said that they were. When I said North Dakota, I simply forgot to type the "State". I surely was not referring to the Watchamacallits. They're a hockey school: their big realignment move is joining the National Collegiate Hockey Association an inaugural member.

But you are going at it from a different process of elimination in terms of who they would prefer to go to. I was looking at it from a process of elimination of what invitations would be most likely to be available.

(NB: Threading fixed ~ its "quote" and "/quote" inside brackets)

I'd still think that the CUSA would be possible. They are a conference that fits its name and throughout its history has taken seemingly random schools to form a usually good conference. For that reason I think that they would be willing to look at NDSU.

"Possible" as in conceivable, sure. Possible as in likely? If it weren't for geography, and if NDSU can keep up their BBall success, they'd be a compelling add, a strong FCS football school that would raise the CUSA BBall RPI.

But the geography is what it is. CUSA at present wouldn't want to add a school so far away from its footprint in the Southeast and Texas, and since Major conference realignment is settling down, there's nothing that would drive a change in that over the decade ahead.

Quote:
Quote: Conference realignment will never be over ~ its got another kick coming in the Division One non-football, and aftershocks of the last few years are still reverberating in Division One FCS, while realignment never stops in Division Two and below.

Nothing's sacred anymore.
What I said had nothing to do with anything being sacrosanct. Actually, I believe that to a 90% degree of accuracy, its all about the money. So "Nothing's sacred anymore" doesn't change the prospects for tickets to the FBS in the coming decade.

Quote:
Quote: But at the Major Conference level it appears to be taking a breather, so at the Mid Major level it is slowing down to a very few moves. Even if the Big12 were to raid the Go5 for two more schools, that would still make for much less movement than there has been the past five years.

The ACC kind of put a stop to a large portion of that. Although I still wouldn't be surprised to see a team leave.
Whether or not it would surprise you, can you advance any reason to expect any school in the ACC to leave?

Quote:
Quote: My process of elimination was not who the Bisons would like to join, but who would be most likely to make an offer to the Bisons. Given that we can rule out the P5, the American and the MWC in terms of making FCS call-ups, that narrows it down to the MAC, CUSA, and the Sunbelt. It won't be the MAC because of the footprint, so that narrows it down to CUSA or the Sunbelt.

Okay, at least you agree with me on the CUSA.
CUSA is the only other one that's a remote possibility, but I was considering moves that were most likely to be available, not moves that are remote possibilities.

Quote:I don't see the SBC happening unless something tragic happens.
Don't you rather mean unless something tragic FAILS to happen to CUSA? After all, Conference USA would have to be in fairly deep trouble before it would consider NDSU.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 12:37 PM by BruceMcF.)
05-14-2013 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the SBC looses NMS, the SBC should become the - BruceMcF - 05-14-2013 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.