Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I hate this current conference hopping trend of college sports!!!
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
Exclamation I hate this current conference hopping trend of college sports!!!
Whatever happened to the days of conference loyalty? IMO, this is what built conferences like the SEC, Pac 12, the Big Ten, and even the ACC to a degree, and yet, that is not the trend at all. The trend is to stay in your current conference for about 4 years, jump to a more "prestigious" conference stay in that one for about 4 more years, and then jump again to that conference you've always dreamed of joining. I hate that trend with a passion!!! 03-hissyfit 03-hissyfit 03-hissyfit Why don't schools find the conferences they want to join and then just join those conferences and stick with them for the long haul, rather than getting a case of TCU-itis??!!! Why?? It's like we might as well not even have rivalries at all, because nobody knows who's staying and who's leaving. I can understand why some schools deserted their conferences and some of it is justified. Nebraska never really felt like it fit in its conference so it left. Texas A&M pretty much the same story (Even Memphis could fit in here). Both schools gave the Big 12 adequate opportunities to retain them, and the Big 12 failed miserably both times, IMO. Colorado felt that the Big XII was going to implode, so they started looking around, out of fear, and the same could be said for WVU and the Big East. It's schools like TCU and Maryland (Maryland's admin, not all the Terp fans, because some wanted to stay in the ACC) that this is at aimed at, plus those people openly advocating the concept of "feeder" conferences to get schools from FCS. I just want to see more non AQ conferences be like the SEC and continue to be a real threat to bust the AQ party. But instead, it seems like all of non-AQ teams are looking to join AQ conferences rather than try to elevate their own non-AQ conference. And I just don't like it at all.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2013 04:37 PM by DawgNBama.)
05-28-2013 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
I hate this current conference hopping trend of college sports!!! - DawgNBama - 05-28-2013 04:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.