Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NMSU more pressure to drop football to div. ll or fcs
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
RE: NMSU more pressure to drop football to div. ll or fcs
The sad part is, I don't think the Big Sky wants NMSU - they are so far from the rest of the conference it really doesn't help them. Even travel in the WAC would be slightly better, especially since just about every destination is in the same city or close to a major airport (Idaho is the clear outlier, but they aren't staying past 2014, although they are an easy travel partner with Seattle).

Even NMSU moving to the Southland destroys what is currently a bus league. Their closes conference opponent would be Abilene Christian, who is almost a 7.5 hour drive away - at least Grand Canyon is within a 6-hour drive within the WAC. In Division I NMSU at least has UNM and UTEP close by, and even Texas Tech is a shorter trip than Abilene Christian (Lubbock to Las Cruces is actually about 35-40 miles shorter than Las Cruces to Phoenix). In all honesty, I think the only reason ACU got in the Southland is that they have FCS football-if they didn't they'd certainly be in the WAC if they still went Division I.
07-07-2013 09:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NMSU more pressure to drop football to div. ll or fcs - chargeradio - 07-07-2013 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.