memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
RE: Official "fire Tubby Smith" thread
(12-29-2017 01:00 PM)DDrum1961 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 12:55 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 12:53 PM)DDrum1961 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 12:47 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 12:37 PM)SalRivs Wrote:  There are folks saying tell Penny Hardaway to buy out Tubby's contract then come and work as a head coach on the cheap until he gets his feet wet as a college coach.
Really?!!
Where does a perspective coach buy out a previous coach's contract then gets hired by program to coach its team?
Where They Do That At?!
Some folks on this board are delusional!

When I said that it was really "tongue in cheek". Wasn't thinking how some people overreact to everything.

But, I am sure we could hire Penny on the cheap since he does donate to the university. I would put money on it that Penny would be willing to help out with a lower salary until we get past the Tub mistake.

People just need to stop with the next head coach being Penny ... No way, no how ... No good reason for him to want that job, and only the possibilities of destroying his legacy ( ie, Finch at the Hot Dog stand ) ... He does the university more good in his capacity as an Ambassador .... and if he could, he would be steering ALL of the Team Penny kids to Memphis; no questions asked !!!

Seriously, everyone close to the situation has said straight out that Penny wants the job.

Who? Bowen, Rudd ?? Penny ??

I guess you just don't listen to the radio since just about every person in the local market has said at one point or another that "yes, Penny wants the job." But Penny also has class, so he isn't going to go out and publicly announce he wants a job someone else currently has. Now, if you need Bowen, Rudd, or Penny to personally call you and tell you something, you are out of luck and just wasting my time.
12-29-2017 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official "fire Tubby Smith" thread - memtigbb - 12-29-2017 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.