Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proposal to let athletes transfer instantly after a coaching change picks up steam
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
RE: Proposal to let athletes transfer instantly after a coaching change picks up steam
(01-31-2018 07:31 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(01-31-2018 06:36 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
(01-31-2018 04:09 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(01-31-2018 02:36 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(01-31-2018 01:36 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  As much as I am opposed to instant eligibility in general (to prevent smaller schools from becoming defacto farm systems), these proposals make sense.

If coaches have the freedom to come and go without penalty, so athletes if the coach leaves.

And coaches NEVER should have been able to block transfers to certain schools.

I don't agree with never. I believe that a coach should be able to block a transfer to any scheduled opponents during the span of eligibility for competitive reasons. If a player wants to transfer from East Central State the ECS coach should be able to block them from going to Middle Northern Tech if Middle Northern Tech is on their schedule every year.

That would be the only blocking I would be in favor of.

Why should a coach be able to take a new job with a school that is a scheduled opponent of their current school, but a player can't do the same?

Dan Mullen and Florida play Mississippi State NEXT YEAR. To be fair with Kaplony, Florida needs to forfeit the game.

You might have a point if Mississippi State was locked in to playing the exact same style of ball they played when Mullen was there, but with a new coaching staff comes a new style of play so you don't.

A player leaving a team to go to an opponent provides an unnatural insight into how a team is going to do things.

But as the former HC, he has knowledge of what his PLAYERS strengths and weaknesses are, far more than a single player would be able to help a new coach.
01-31-2018 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal to let athletes transfer instantly after a coaching change picks up steam - dbackjon - 01-31-2018 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.