Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Apparently the NCAA is in trouble
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Apparently the NCAA is in trouble
(02-20-2018 07:46 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 05:22 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 02:02 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Quit whining. It's past time for Louisville fans to admit this was one lurid scandal that was inevitably going to draw harsh punishment. Yes, UNC should have drawn harsh punishment too but that doesn't mean Louisville doesn't deserve what it's getting.

If anything, Louisville fans ought to be relieved that they're not getting any punishment that goes into the future. It's all behind you now. Once you get a permanent coach, you can recruit again.

In general, Louisville and its fans need to realize that the school is finally in a major conference. It's time to go legit and stay legit. You can't run a pirate operation anymore.

Who said otherwise? I can't name one Cardinal fan who wasn't appalled at what happened with KP. The university self imposed appropriate punishment under NCAA guidelines & fully cooperated in the investigation. The UofL absolutely deserved those sanctions. My problem here is that these sanctions exceed the NCAA rules &, according to Tyra, the NCAA even states that the sanctioning committee did so. This also sends a message to the rest of the membership that cooperating with the NCAA doesn't provide any leniency does it not? Look at the ND case as another recent example, they acted swiftly & some said to harshly & yet the NCAA exceeded their own rules & leveled harsh penalties.

Who do these sanctions really hurt? Pitino was only given a 5 game suspension. The recruits involved never came to the UofL. The players on the team, which was a large majority of them, now has had their records erased. What did Luke Hancock & Tim Henderson do wrong for example? What about Trey Lewis & Damian Lee? They weren't even on the team & had their last shot at March Madness taken from them at the alter of the NCAA. Fine the university millions, give Pitino a show cause, wipe the guilty players stats from the records, just do something to punish the guilty. How about having the governing body follow its own rules. I could care less that NC got off, I feel sorry for the Hancock's & Henderson's in all of this.

What was the BE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, you're not whining about the punishment your school received but you really want to tell us how unfair and excessive it is.

Suck it up and move on.

I do believe it is excessive by their own rules. I also believe that the NCAA isn't consistent. The NCAA hordes $ that it makes from March Madness & doesn't distribute it fairly. The NCAA could be better in many ways, the UofL verdict is just the latest example in a long line of issues. This was posted as a topic for discussion on a discussion board, are we not allowed to talk about it &/or give our opinions? You posted your opinion & advice for discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-21-2018 02:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Apparently the NCAA is in trouble - Lenvillecards - 02-21-2018 02:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.