Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Notre Dame's full membership....not.....
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
RE: Notre Dame's full membership....not.....
(10-04-2018 08:30 PM)texasorange Wrote:  
(10-04-2018 08:25 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(10-04-2018 09:24 AM)Hallcity Wrote:  I know most readers cannot imagine CTE causing a collapse of college football but CTE is real. Many parents don't want their children playing football now. That number will climb. If the roots die, the plant dies. I like watching football but I feel a bit guilty about it. My bet is that the sport is gone in 25 years.

Not so fast, sweetheart! The sport will most likely change, but it won't vanish. What do you think the University of Michigan and the like will do with their monolithic stadiums that they've poured millions of dollars into? Open them up for the pot smoking hacky sackers?

Boxing, MMA, football...as long as there are people who get paid to play it and there are people that pay to watch it, those sports will be around.

Agreed. People don’t realize how close President Theodore Roosevelt came to shutting down college football altogether because of fatal casualties. But the sport reformed itself and made it safer. I think it can be done again but just like how football in the early part of the 20th century doesn’t resemble today’s football; don’t expect football to look too much like what we see today.

Right. The whole country of Ireland goes insane for Gaelic football, and none of those guys and gals wear helmets.
10-04-2018 08:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Notre Dame's full membership....not..... - esayem - 10-04-2018 08:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.