Poll: What do you think?
It made me more moist than Ralph Friedgen's undies on a 120 degree day
No sir, I don't like it!
Yes I like it, and my name is Jim Donnan and I know kung fu
No I don't like it, and my name is Jim Donnan and I know kung fu
I just like b****ing about stuff
My name is kpigout, and I'm still in therapy about the color orange
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
New group icons ...what do you think?
klg316 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: New group icons ...what do you think?
geosnooker2000 Wrote:Yes. Until we get the same treatment from the TN board of regions (or however the flip you spell that) that ewe tea gets, and UT Chatt., and Mid. TN St. gets for that matter, we will unfortunately have a bit of a chip on our collective shoulder.

It's the Board of Regents and MTSU is a part of it as well. In TN there is the BOR which includes every university not in the UT system and every junior college in TN. UT is under a different system. It isn't the BOR which is necessarily screwing Memphis as much as it is the state. The thing that baffles me is that everyone wants to ***** and moan about it and do crazy things like boycott the color orange when instead they should be calling, writing, and e-mailing Governor Bredesen and the TN state legislature to put pressure on them to try and get the U of M its own board.

geosnooker2000 Wrote:If you were to stand the state of TN up on end at the east end, Memphis would be in Canada. That's how far removed geographically we are from east TN. Not to mention culturally. Now what pisses MOST of us off so much is not UT the school itself, nore the alumni. Most of them are decent enough people. It's the stupid igmos around here (Memphis) that put those STUPID big orange "T"s in their yard, Wear their STUPID "Big Orange" grubby looking T-shirts that hadn't been washed in a decade, put their Big Orange license plates on there Big Orange painted 1978 Chevy pickup trucks, and fly their STUPID Big Orange "T" flags out their STUPID windows. Why is all of this STUPID to me?

"I see you're a TN fan"
"Yep"
"That sure is a big flag ya got"
"Yep"
"So...when'd ya graduate?"
"Huh"
"What year did you graduate?"
"Oh, I didn't go there, I went to Memphis State back in the '80s."
(or)
"Oh, I didn't go to collage."
"Well, I guess you must have moved here from east TN. How long ya been living in the Mem. area?"
"Oh, I've lived here all my life."
"But still, I bet you've been to alot of home games in Knoxville."
"I've never set foot on campus"(scratches his belly)
"Then why are you a UT fan?"
"Oh, I don't know,.......'cause they win, I guess, and I'm from Tennessee. Why? Who are you a fan of?" (ending his sentence in a preposition)
"Memphis"
"You guys always suck in football, don't you. You'll never beat us again. You got lucky in '96. How many National Championships y'all got?"

And we have to see them, work by them, be related to them, work FOR them, employ them every freaking day.

I usually either point and laugh at these type of people or ignore them all together. Besides do you really want these people sitting next to you at a Tigers game?
06-29-2007 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New group icons ...what do you think? - Rebel - 06-28-2007, 10:14 AM
RE: New group icons ...what do you think? - Rebel - 06-28-2007, 01:14 PM
RE: New group icons ...what do you think? - klg316 - 06-29-2007 09:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.