Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm bored - realignment idea
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
RE: I'm bored - realignment idea
(07-09-2013 09:11 AM)BewareThePhog Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 08:05 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I don't see why the SEC would choose TCU over OSU. It's not that TCU would be bad for the conference but OSU has better facilities and is a new State.
My notion wasn't so much what the SEC would choose in isolation, but what could happen in a coordinated takedown of the Big12. It's more of a scenario that would occur prior to the expiration of the GoR. I agree that OSU would be more attractive on several levels - but I was also looking for a way to make the PAC happy enough to help gobble up enough schools to dissolve the conference. If everyone waits until the GoR expires, then all bets are off.

Of course, I also wonder what will happen as the GoR gets closer to expiration. If they just let it expire prior to renewal that would be a pretty loud "lame duck" signal, so I wonder if they'll extend it as the deadline approaches. We'll just have to see how eager they will be to keep their options open.

Ahh yes. I have a different theory on how that could happen and quite frankly some folks over on a certain Big 12 board absolutely hate it. So that makes me think it might be possible because of how livid it made them. 03-lmfao

What if Texas wanted a Notre Dame deal. All it really cares about is making money and having as much control as possible. It could go to ACC Bowls and if Texas did that, the ACC would get another boost from the Bowls just like it did after Notre Dame got on board. That still leaves the ACC at 14 though. If you are Texas you can probably massively leverage the ACC because the ACC knows Texas is the kingpin to this mass exodus happening. So Texas leverages for two Texas programs to be brought to the ACC. At the bargaining table I bet Baylor would be their choice they wouldnt be able to negotiate. I would bet that the ACC would then choose TCU over Texas Tech due to location. Flying into DFW would be easy for everyone.

Texas Tech could then pull a Texas A&M and become the Texas University of the PAC. That would put them on par with the other two especially if they end up in a four team division with the likes of ISU, KSU and Colorado. Tech will be a regular in a PAC tournament of division champs.

The PAC just isn't in a position of strength in this kind of scenario. During the Texoma-4 talks they had zero competition. During this scenario they would be competing against both the Big Ten and SEC. Also Texas has been very public about wanting to go East not West. That puts the ACC on par with the PAC in this scenario.

You may not think much of it, I would say that Kansas and Oklahoma would end up in the Big Ten though in a scenario where the Big 12 is voted apart.
07-09-2013 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm bored - realignment idea - nzmorange - 07-02-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: I'm bored - realignment idea - jml2010 - 07-02-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: I'm bored - realignment idea - Freshy - 07-02-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: I'm bored - realignment idea - jml2010 - 07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: I'm bored - realignment idea - He1nousOne - 07-09-2013 04:42 PM
RE: I'm bored - realignment idea - MKPitt - 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.