NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
RE: ACC selected by the Barclays Center over the B1G for Tournament
(12-18-2013 04:11 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 03:20 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 03:14 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 03:08 PM)billyjack Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 03:05 PM)CrazyPaco Wrote:  I don't understand your answer.

Does your diploma have "Saint John's University" on it, or does it have "St. John's University" on it?

Because the one above clearly has "Saint John's".

But the caption on the bottom of the diploma photo says "St. John's"... because everyone (or 99.9% of us) refers to the school that way... or, anyone surfing the Herft-Jones website would be confused without that lower caption that everyone is familiar with.

No, the bottom is a commercial frame, and your university only licenses "St. John's" as its registered word mark.

Can you answer the question, does the salutation of your diploma have "St. John's" on the actual parchment? Yes or no? If you aren't an SJU grad, that is ok.

I just want to know if the St. John's University is so ignorant, as you put it, to put the wrong school (your words) on what are perhaps the most important documents that they produce.

Find something else from the school spelled that way.

There is nothing else more official than a University Degree. People hang these on the walls in their offices, in their homes, and you have to provide a copy of your degree in many cases for high level employment. Anyone who views those degrees will see that it says Saint Johns."" So it doesn't matter if Jerseys or newpapers or other media uses the term "St Johns." So whether a person uses "St Johns," or "Saint Johns," they would be correct, I would assume.

I would also assume that a person who has an actual "Saint Johns" degree would know that his degree says "Saint Johns" on it and therefore would not be going around telling folks who use the term "Saint Johns" that they are wrong.

More official than every single thing the school puts out to the public? Like the school seal, logo, everything they sell and everything on it's website?

Are you implying I didn't graduate from St. John's University?
12-18-2013 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACC selected by the Barclays Center over the B1G for Tournament - NJRedMan - 12-18-2013 04:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.