"I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT
(08-14-2017 09:55 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 09:11 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 06:55 AM)JTiger Wrote:  I guess Joroh is still trying to break free of that friend zone.

I think his expedition beyond the Wall will go better than his expedition trying to escape the friend zone. Some thoughts after Episode 5:
1. I'm really mad at Sam after last night's episode. I hope baby Sam still has that book and didn't tear that annulment page out. That's two seasons in a row Sam has left me scratching my head and asking, "WTF, mate?"
2. The sexual tension between Dany and Jon is simply too much. Like I get it, he's cute and mysterious and your kids love him, but, Dany, you are a single mother in a tough world and you gotta focus on you and your goals right now #realtalk.
3. BEND THE DAMN KNEE, TARLY!!!! Seriously, I'm going to miss the "Rickon?" "Dickon" jokes. So is Sam still part of the Night's Watch, or will he take over as Lord Tarly now? I mean, he has a girlfriend and is raising her incest baby, which isn't really a Night's Watch thing.
4. So happy for Jamie and Cersei. Hopefully they are better parents to this one. Anyone know where they are registered? What are the odds Euron pushes Cersei down the stairs when he finds out?
5. Sh!t is going to hit the fan in Winterfell. I hope it also ends with Littlefinger hitting the ground, but Arya is getting extremely cocky and sure of herself. It won't be long until Littlefinger learns how to deal with her.

1. I've seen several people on different sites state they were mad at Sam. I for one can feel his frustration. He KNOWS what's to come because he's been there and the Maesters just kind of blow him off. I mean he's one of the smartest guys on the series wanting to become a Maester and he's reduced to emptying bedpans? I'm shocked he hasn't gone postal. I get the feeling that they wouldn't have made a point of Gilly reading that passage only to have baby Sam eat it.

2. You're right, it's pretty obvious that Dany wants to bang Jon. Let's see how that goes once she finds out HE'S the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. Something tells me that could throw some cold water on the situation.

3. There's NO WAY the master manipulator Littlefinger is going to let Arya get in his way. He's playing her like a fiddle and will probably end up with Needle thru his throat.

4. LOVE the "tribute" to the Magnificent Seven going thru the gate to capture a one of the dead. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

While I'm happy the story is advancing, there were some really annoying things that jumped out at me in this episode:
1. How the hell did Bronn and Jaime (in full armor no less), manage to swim so far? If you tack that scene on to the end of the previous episode (Jaime sinking), it's just really bizarre.
2. How did Arya go from being the most stealthy person ever to getting outwitted by a guy who she KNOWS is a sneak?
3. My frustration with the Sam storyline is that it now looks like he spent however many episodes in the Citadel to NOT become a maester. He healed Ser Jorah, which is nice, but that can't be the only reason they put him there? And the books and parchment he was pulling off the shelves, seemingly randomly: Is one of them going to be the solution to defeating the Army of the Dead? Did he know what he was looking for?
08-15-2017 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - Brookes Owl - 08-15-2017 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.