Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time to expand Williams Stadium
Bookmark and Share
NewTimes Offline
All American

I Root For: Flames & Canes
RE: Time to expand Williams Stadium
(05-23-2016 03:21 PM)Libertygrad01 Wrote:  I think if it were up to the commissioner, Benson we would already be a member. The commissioner looks out for the best of the conference. He pushed Liberty hard to the presidents because he knew we would be best for the conference. The presidents are more political in nature and couldn't extend an invite even though they HAD to know Liberty was the best option to raise the profile of the conference.

I agree with Mike, the only path to FBS I see is to petition the NCAA about coming in as an independent.
LU's path to FBS, barring unforeseen CUSA/SBC additions/deletions is indy. How long will LU wait for the indy opportunity from a reg change from the NCAA? I'm betting it's 3 years, 5 years tops before LU challenges the invite only rule. Will LU wait patiently for 5+ years for an invite? I'd wager LU will not wait past 5 years and then will challenge and win the invite only rule. Now the athletic challenges that brings in scheduling (FB), and where the olympic sports find affiliation homes and the like, is a much different story.

When the topic is about bring lower division teams to maintain the Big South, you know that has to gnaw on the powers at LU with those discussions. It gnaws on me.
05-28-2016 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Time to expand Williams Stadium - NewTimes - 05-06-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: Time to expand Williams Stadium - NewTimes - 05-28-2016 11:56 AM
Time to expand Williams Stadium - ODU1986 - 02-08-2018, 09:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.