Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Home games vs Cartel 5 by conference from 2019 on
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Home games vs Cartel 5 by conference from 2018 on
(08-21-2018 07:41 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(08-20-2018 08:28 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Far be it from me to defend anything involving SMU, but it really is hard for SMU and UNT to get those Cartel games at home. They dont need us to get into the DFW area. Texas and Oklahoma already play in the Cotton Bowl and Texas A&M and Arkansas play at Jerry World most years. As has been said, all of the Big12 schools play TCU in Fort Worth every other year. And now it seems like all the other Cartel schools just schedule each other in Cowboys Stadium and bypass us completely. Ford and Apogee are beautiful stadiums but it's way sexier for the cartel schools to get big preseason matches in Arlington with each other on network TV.

I think you're only saving grace is that schools wanting to get DFW exposure would have a greater expectation of winning when scheduling North Texas or SMU instead of The B12/SEC alternatives. Seems like you could lure a team like Washington State in who doesn't want to risk losing to Texas A&M or TCU.
That's fair. And probably how we got Cal and Texas Tech to agree to games at Apogee. They have to weigh the risk/reward of playing us. If they lose, it looks bad for them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
08-21-2018 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Home games vs P5 by conference - JHS55 - 05-27-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: Home games vs P5 by conference - IAH - 06-06-2017, 12:10 AM
RE: Home games vs P5 by conference - YNot - 06-14-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: Home games vs Cartel 5 by conference from 2018 on - Magic95Fan - 08-21-2018 07:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.