PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread
(07-30-2017 10:21 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-28-2017 06:58 PM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  
(07-27-2017 10:34 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(07-27-2017 09:12 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(07-27-2017 07:15 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Everton is expected to make a Final Offer for Siggurdson this weekend. Lots of rumors out of Wales that Swansea plans to reject that offer as well, as the clubs "are nowhere close to agreeing on the finances" Swansea has forced Gylfi back into first team training, and Clement has begun to plan as if he will be available for the opener on August 12th.

I'm all for Siggurdson staying; however, if the Swans reject again and he's forced to stay I hope he isn't all pissed off and becomes a malcontent for the entire season.

It's an interesting call. On the one hand, Swansea has made it abundantly clear that they will sell if Everton matches their price, and Gylfi appears to be fine with that. On the other, the question becomes, exactly what was Everton offering previously.

If the last offer was 45 million as one site reported, then I'm not sure I'd classify 5 million as "a long way off" in terms of valuation. If the last offer was 40 million plus add ons, then what were the add ons. If half the add on for example involves reaching the knockout stage of the Champions League, it would be foolish because chances are slim Everton manages to pull that off.

If the theory is that Everton won't go over 40 and add ons, then I can see why Swansea turned it down.

There are two possible theories at play imo:

We may be hoping Siggy decides to foregore the loyalty money and put in a transfer request thus taking leverage away from Swansea and lowering the price.

OR

Kenwright and the old guard board members are still trying to pinch pennies even though we have a sugar daddy.

I'm leaning to the latter based on Koeman's recent comments in press conferences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Everton Offer:

40 Million, Plus 5 million add ons, plus some England U20 Right back no one has ever heard of.

Are they really trying to convince us they can't come up with 50 million? They sold Lukaku and will sell Barkley combined for more than twice that. (Though I will laugh that we did originally sign Gylfi from Spurs in a Swap deal. Sent them Ben Davies and a Goal Keeper we didn't want. Then screwed over the Goalkeeper's former club, claiming it was a "Free Transfer" and they didn't get a sell on fee)

Con has actually been plying LB for us during the friendlies this year and can play along the entire back line. I don't think that rumor is legit though as most swap rumors are just gossip trying to get clicks/buys. Also let me say this again, it is HIGHLY unlikely Ross will be sold this window as he just had surgery recently and likely won't be fit enough to pass a physical until after deadline day.

Lastly stop playing the victim for gods sake. You put an unreasonable price on a player and now want to tell us to hurry the eff up. You're just going to end up causing him to hand in a transfer request and piss off the fans while losing leverage and have to settle for $30-35m take whatever is the next actual offer and run before you lose your leverage.

EDIT: Yup the rumor originated from the Mirror which r/Everton marks as unreliable (and I believe has banned directly linking to it). Total bollocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2017 07:36 PM by PurpleReigns.)
07-30-2017 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
OT: Officially The Official Soccer Thread - PurpleReigns - 07-30-2017 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.