Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all...
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all...
(11-19-2017 11:09 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 09:07 AM)wylioats Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 12:24 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 12:49 PM)wylioats Wrote:  
(11-16-2017 08:52 AM)TOGC Wrote:  I know what you mean. Memphis is having one of the best runs in football in school history but attendance is mediocre. Unless we're playing an SEC school or Louisville, people really don't care.

TOGC, sometimes I think you post crap like this just to get attention. Take away the rain and storm games we've had this year, our average attendance (butts in seats) would be in the 45,000 range. If we played in the stadiums our conference mates play in (except Temple and USF) every one of our games would be standing room only, Liberty Bowl with a capacity of right at 60,000, not the case. Our game this Saturday against SMU (guess what, not a $EC school) is expected to draw the biggest crowd of the year, between 46-50,000 based on tickets sold and good weather (per our athletic dept.). Now with the weather forecasts predicting rain and thunderstorms thru out the day, it'll be a much smaller crowd than predicted. The weather God's have not been kind to the Tigers this year. But to say that the people in Memphis really don't care is a wrong and stupid comment. I'll be at the game Saturday, will you?

I stand by my statement. I can remember sitting in the cold and the rain watching the Tigers get manhandled during the Bailey, Stobart, and Scherer years in cold and rain and we still managed to have better attendance than this
. If you took the top 20 largest crowds in Liberty Bowl history, 17 of them are either against Tennessee or Ole Miss.

I'm watching today's game on television. They are playing for the AAC West Division title to play in the conference championship game and the crowd is absolutely anemic. People in Memphis just don't care about the other AAC teams.

Now you're just talking out of your @ss. Decent crowds with Baily yes, but under Stobart and Scherer, attendance was terrible, hell one of the main reasons Stobart was fired was due to dwindling attendance. And as far as the crowd yesterday at the SMU game (35,000+) with thunderstorms predicted in the area all week, a 57 minute delay in the game due to storms and lightning, along with 35-40mph winds, that crowd was far from being absolutely anemic. So like I said, you're talking out of your @ss just to prove over and over again how childish and attention seeking you really are. Oh yea, while you were sitting on your @ss watching on tv instead of actually being at the game did you notice all the empty seats at some of these so called power 5 schools whose games were being played in bad weather, Michigan St., ole miss, utk just to name a few. And as far as Memphians not caring about watching other AAC teams, well that's just your slanted view to where all you care about is watching $EC teams that come to the Liberty Bowl. So yea, keep posting your dribble just to prove how ignorant you really are. Tiger fan my @ss.

Thanks for typing that. I didn't have the patience to address his assinine post. I was there during all those years too and nothing in his post approximates reality outside of the one he has constructed for himself in his peculiar small universe.

It seems to me that the current contract with ESPN has more to do with it now that the majority of the games are televised. I remember the days in CUSA and most of the games were not televised.
11-19-2017 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all... - sierrajip - 11-19-2017 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.