Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all...
wylioats Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all...
(11-19-2017 12:09 PM)TOGC Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 09:07 AM)wylioats Wrote:  Now you're just talking out of your @ss. Decent crowds with Baily yes, but under Stobart and Scherer, attendance was terrible, hell one of the main reasons Stobart was fired was due to dwindling attendance. And as far as the crowd yesterday at the SMU game (35,000+) with thunderstorms predicted in the area all week, a 57 minute delay in the game due to storms and lightning, along with 35-40mph winds, that crowd was far from being absolutely anemic. So like I said, you're talking out of your @ss just to prove over and over again how childish and attention seeking you really are. Oh yea, while you were sitting on your @ss watching on tv instead of actually being at the game did you notice all the empty seats at some of these so called power 5 schools whose games were being played in bad weather, Michigan St., ole miss, utk just to name a few. And as far as Memphians not caring about watching other AAC teams, well that's just your slanted view to where all you care about is watching $EC teams that come to the Liberty Bowl. So yea, keep posting your dribble just to prove how ignorant you really are. Tiger fan my @ss.

I live in Syracuse, NY which is over a thousand miles away. When I did live in Memphis, I went to plenty of games in the cold and the I've gone to SU games when there was 3 feet of snow on the ground, and they're not even my team.
pouring down rain. So you can take that BS and stuff it.
The weather was fine until the fourth quarter. People couldn't be bothered to drag their lazy butts across town to see the team play for the first ever Western Division title and a chance to play in the conference championship game.

[b]Ignorance is blaming it on weather. They only started tarping off sections of the Liberty Bowl the last few years. People just don't give a damn about playing AAC teams.[/b]

The FACT is that the AAC home attendance average for the entire conference the last few years has been at least 18,000 lower than the worst P5 conference. Our conference has been lucky to average 30K per game while the PAC 12 and ACC can get 50-53K on a regular basis.

And people wonder why we're not in the P5. Put more butts in seats and then have the conversation.

If I'm not mistaken, SU plays in a domed stadium, and hate to tell you but I've seen some of their games on tv and some were far short of being well attended. And obviously you haven't paid too much attention to some of these so called P5 games on tv, hell some of them wouldn't fill up a good high school stadium. Obviously you aren't aware of the Memphis weather predictions all week saying our game with SMU was going to amount to a total thunder storm situation with possible severe weather during the game, so no it didn't start raining till the start of the 4th quarter but attendance decisions were already made due to these predictions, especially those who bring their children to the games. When you say the Liberty Bowl is tarping off SECTIONS of the Liberty Bowl, that's where you further prove your ignorance. Hate to tell ya dude but SECTIONS aren't being tarped off, the only section that's tarped off is a small section of one end zone. And as far as the conference attendance you talk about being bad, that's a conference problem, I'm referring to Memphis only. Hell we out draw many P5 schools, but your blind slanted view of things is to only criticize. Maybe you should find you a team to pull for where their attendance is always top notch, try Notre Dame, that should make you happy. Like I said in another post, Tiger fan my @ss.
11-19-2017 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: God, I'd give anything to be back in the same conference with y'all... - wylioats - 11-19-2017 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.