Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Big Sky and Summit schedule a crossover challenge series with select schools
jacksfan29 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: So Dak St/CU
RE: The Big Sky and Summit schedule a crossover challenge series with select schools
(02-13-2018 02:04 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  
(02-13-2018 01:24 PM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  
(02-12-2018 05:56 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(02-12-2018 04:27 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  
(02-12-2018 01:33 PM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  Can you post a link discussing the plan for your new FB stadium and this big donation? As for remodeling, demolition and current plans, I don't even recognize South Dakota State's campus any longer. The entire campus has been rebuilt, much of it in the past decade. That doesn't mean something bigger is just around the corner. What it does mean is that we have had great leadership who saw the issues and have addressed those issues. Will something bigger happen? Possibly, but it won't occur for another 5-10 years minimum.

And I agree with you in regards to your President. His financial acumen is the reason he is waving goodbye to the BSC and moving his school into the Summit/MVFC.

You need a new basketball arena, surprised being a historically basketball school tradition you don't have a better arena.

The 13000 seat arena next door can be used. Surprised they didn't have the NDSU M&W double header BB games there, as there was no hockey series that weekend. When it first opened, they staged some big games like that and drew 10k. A Kansas game was sold out.

But BB has been sliding in popularity all along, even though we have arguably the most BB tradition of Dakota schools. But hockey recruits are such high level. For example, Brock Boeser stayed for only two years, and he was recently the MVP of the NHL All Star game. Brock has only played in Tampa's arena twice, once for the All Star game and once ( actually two games) when we won a National Championship.

An interesting article from a childhood UND hockey fan:
http://www.startribune.com/page-2-revisi...473749723/

I'd be more then happy to argue over your BB tradition, I'd put your program 3rd over the decades, behind SDSU and USD. Maybe you meant the most in North Dakota.

I was talking to you when I said that SDSU needs a new basketball arena.

Renovations are beginning this year. The first phase, which some work has begun, is to add new Men's and Women's practice facilities, the second phase, rebuilding the arena will begin after next season and be complete in time for the 2019-20 season. The third phase will be adding a 15,000 square foot wresting facility. A sport that has become big at SDSU. We average over 2,000 per wrestling match, including a school record 4,300 against Iowa last year.

http://www.crawfordarch.com/portfolio/ma...enovation/
02-13-2018 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Big Sky and Summit schedule a crossover challenge series with select schools - jacksfan29 - 02-13-2018 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.