billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: Can the G5 BS its way to the top?
(02-27-2018 08:47 AM)ken d Wrote:  
(02-27-2018 01:53 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-26-2018 09:34 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(02-26-2018 12:32 PM)ken d Wrote:  
(02-26-2018 12:05 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  lol...Again? Your argument is so silly and disjointed I cant even figure out what your talking about. NCAA Divisons are the rational basis that competition for the entire world of college athletics is built upon. Your talking giberish.

If the bolded statement were true, then we should include all of Division I in a post season tournament to determine a national champion. But the FBS was a subdivision created by the NCAA for the express purpose of having a group of schools that will NOT have an NCAA championship tournament.

These are schools who prefer to participate in bowl games instead. Every school in the FBS made that choice voluntarily and willingly. They did so because they felt that it was in their self interest to do so. They were not coerced in any way, despite the labored analogies that would paint the P5 in the role of the Mafia.

Yes, that's one reason why i keep mentioning the MEAC, though I could mention any other FCS conference.

G5 clowns who whine about the lack of a playoff with their conference champ included don't seem to mind that the MEAC and other FCS conferences would be excluded, even though they are all included in the NCAA hoops tournament.

FBS was never created with a playoff among FBS schools/conferences in mind, so there is no natural, moral, or competitive sense in which it is a "league" that should have its own playoff with auto-entry from all conferences.

???? We dont mind because no FCS team is in the FBS. Are any FCS teams eligible for FBS bowls? They are different subdivisions. In fact, that pretty much destroys this silly point. FCS teams are not not eligible for bowls---which is essentially the FBS post season. G5's ARE eligible for bowls (just like the SEC). Why on earth would any thinking person believe that another subdivision would be eligible for the FBS playoff? You're not making any sense whatsoever. Your MEAC point really couldnt be more off target. 07-coffee3

I think you are missing the salient point here. That point is that the FBS is in no sense a "league". This point was made in response to the suggestion that every league has a championship that is equally open to all its members.

I think G5 supporters who wish for a tournament that includes all conference champions should be careful what they wish for. Because then there may well be a league that forms that does not include them at all. And it may not include them for other sports as well, including basketball.

Would you want that?

You and Quo would get what you want.
If you get what you want I’ll laugh my butt off at the NCAA tournaments in baseball, basketball, wrestling etc without The ESPN 5 conferences.
The tournaments without you guys will still continue to succeed and the ESPN 5 will become like the NBA D League or single A baseball.....irrelevant.
Please do it ESPN 5, I’m not “careful what I wish for”. Do it.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018 09:39 AM by billybobby777.)
02-27-2018 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the G5 BS its way to the top? - billybobby777 - 02-27-2018 09:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.