quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Miami sued Arkansas State BEFORE AState sued them
(03-09-2018 11:46 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 08:21 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 04:08 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 03:36 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 03:05 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  LOL. That's why they're simply turning DOWN an (probably not in good faith) offer for Miami to still go to Jonesboro. They don't want any 'fan fests' around a Miami game at all anymore. They just want Miami to just pay them the heavily discounted payday for the game Arkansas State went to Miami for and Miami earned their income from (I'd say they had their 'fan fests' but that would presume that anyone actually attends Miami football games - well other than the visiting fans).

Arkansas State isn't begging Miami to come play them. Its actually suing to NOT have them come to Jonesboro using Miami's risible offer of a game in about a decade or so.

I think the obvious conclusion is that stAte feel that Miami thinks they should get a 'free' home game, and can take advantage of a random hurricane somewhere in the Atlantic Basin to stiff Arkansas State out of the return game and the cancellation fee.

Please. Alone among all the games that got canceled, ARK-ST showed clear butt-hurt when Miami didn't show up. They were crestfallen. And that hurt pride is what's probably driving all this.

ARK-ST basically was treating the Miami game like a Homecoming, they had all kinds of activities around it. It burst their widdle bubble when the Canes didn't show.

Sad that they weren't able to keep any perspective about i. 07-coffee3

LOL. Sorry to burst you bubble, but its pretty obvious Arkansas State ain't in awe of the P5.

They are basically telling Miami...take your insulting offer to come back in 8 years and shove it. You wouldn't dare do this to a P5, so don't do it to us.

---

By the way, congrats on your wonderful schedule last year too. You guys got to host a big bad P5 last year (went 1-10 vs FBS). I'm sure that was exciting for USF to host the second worst team in the P5 and a bottom 20 team in all of FBS last year. And then you got to play a 6 win Texas Tech team in a bowl (3 of their wins were total garbage - coming against Kansas and Baylor and against a FCS). Wow....I know were a sucky G5 team (oops I mean G4 - LOL)....can we please get to play some hot garbage from the P5 like USF? You guys are so cool, playing that awesome schedule. We could never be like you. LOL, actually most, if not all Sun Belt teams had a far tougher schedule than USF did.

03-lmfao

You guys only started to act like you don't want to play Miami after they dumped you. Before then, you planned your whole season around the game which is why you couldn't be classy about the cancel. Arse sore indeed, like some high school dude who tells he never liked the hot girl after she laughed at his elaborate prom proposal.

I think that Ark State is more like the kid who refuses to be bullied. Good for them.

BTW, I'm not particularly a stAte fan, but rather a fan of a school that had this BS happen to us in 2016 - but at least when it happened to us, we were paid handsomely for the inconvenience - LSU paid us 1.5 million bucks and Florida paid for a FCS team to come play us - net benefit to my school - well over 1 million bucks and a bowl game. I'd rather have gotten a shot at LSU to be honest. But USA's contract had some pretty nasty cancellation provisions in it. It was also reported that USA could sue LSU for breach and UF and the SEC for intentionally interfering with their contract. Thankfully, it was LSU that was on the hook for it, and not Miami.

I'm not sure how USA was subject to BS in 2016. Florida and LSU decided to make up their canceled game on 11/19, an important conference game, and so USA was paid the $1.5 million you were owed as per the contract, there was no breach. You can't expect any team to prioritize an OOC game over a conference game, and heck, I'm not sure how a $1.5m payout could be called 'nasty' for anyone but LSU. For USA, that was probably as much money as your entire conference payout from C-USA in total that year, maybe more.

Nobody violated any agreement with you in any way so you didn't have any complaints. And to your credit, unlike ARKS, you didn't complain.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 09:49 AM by quo vadis.)
03-10-2018 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Miami sued Arkansas State BEFORE AState sued them - quo vadis - 03-10-2018 09:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.