Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Democratic Presidential Horse Race thread
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
RE: Democratic Presidential Horse Race thread
(03-08-2019 01:56 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(03-08-2019 01:36 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(03-08-2019 12:56 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Yeah, I never once implied you were racist, and that thought never crossed my mind.

I will agree that you never stated it affirmatively, but I will not agree that you never implied it.

"I'm glad you're getting concerned now, though," certainly implies at least that he was at one time, if not that he is now.

Whenever someone posts conservative views about taxes, or fiscal policy, or the military, or foreign policy, and those comments are met by even very thinly veiled comments suggesting some affinity for racism, then the author of those replies is clearly suggesting racism. And anyone who doesn't call that out is at least implicitly agreeing. I'm not going to go back to see if you've ever done that, just saying don't do it in the future. And I do wonder if you haven't stood idly by while others did that.

Again, that is a huge stretch to suggest that my comment implied racism. It implies he didn’t care about the anti Semitic activities before, but you have to take that a few more steps to even get anything close to racism.

Being ambivalent to racism isn’t the equivalent of being racist in my book - and I don’t think I’ve ever advocated that stance.

So we have a comment which you agree implies that OO 'didn't care about anti-Semitic activities before'.

Do you know how bad even that toned-down version of that comment is?

It doesnt even matter that 'you have to take [] a few more steps to even get [] close to racism.' Your statement of what is implied actually means that you are calling OO pretty much an ignorant and/or apathetic person about the subject. Just noting, is that what you want to do?

Do you really want to draw your line in the sand that Optimistic 'didn't care about anti-Semitic activities before'? If you didnt wish for that to be implied, I think an apology *and* correction for that would be in order. If you do, then I would surmise any continued non-apology stands very clear in and of itself.

I can certainly give you the benefit of the doubt that you did not mean to state or imply that OO 'didn't care about anti-Semitic activities before' for the first instance, and less so for the second defense of it. If that was *not* what you intended, I would readily suggest that you communicate that fully here, because what you *have* (perhaps not intentionally) stated does not indicate that in the slightest.

And, if you did mean to indicate that level of ignorance and/or apathy on his part, then again, I think you should be absolutely clear about that.
03-08-2019 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic Presidential Horse Race thread - tanqtonic - 03-08-2019 04:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.