Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Idea for HilltopperHaven
Bookmark and Share
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

If this site becomes active, I wonder if Haven would provide a link to this board on HH in addition to the Haven message board. That would definately make this site more active. Topper fans would then still utilize the great resources, news, etc. of the Haven but also have 2 choices (1 private, 1 public) for posting messages....

Anyone with an HH account want to make that suggestion to him if this site becomes active for more than a week?.... I still think this will die on the vine unless word spreads throughout the Hilltopper nation......
06-24-2005 09:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Here is my problem, I will suggest that to Haven but here, in the words of the Bard, is the rub. I want this to be an open board but I fear that the two groups of "extremists" might use this as a place for a showdown. I don't want this board to become our own little version of the Gaza strip!
06-24-2005 09:11 AM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Very good point......

However, that's one of the reasons I think this will die within a week. The extremists from the Haven and the posters from the SBC, OVC, etc. that haven't had the opportunity to "get back" at HH posters will use this as a battleground for a bloodbath.

KajunRaider and some others have attempted to help with calming their fans (don't know if that'll work) but it's a start.
06-24-2005 09:20 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Well we do have that nifty "ignore" button so perhaps that can help out some.
06-24-2005 09:29 AM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

There's a pretty simple answer to "combat" that happening. Just click the ignore button and you won't have to hear from the flamers.

I feel like if we treat others respectfully, then it will come around. I really hope this board stays alive until basketball season, because then we'll really have something to debate/discuss with our SBC brothers and sisters. Until then, we're kind of in a holding pattern. We don't have much in common with our friends over there right now, because we're playing for a championship is a different league than they are. I do wish all of them well this season though, and I hope the Toppers can add another 1AA title to the trophy case before we join our brothers at the 1A dinner table. Mmmm... I'm a little hungry this morning!
06-24-2005 10:04 AM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

If this board survives, during football season, we need to spread the word about it with our Gateway brethren over at The Gateway Connection board. That'll help keep the board going until BBall season starts......
06-24-2005 10:16 AM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Advertising competing message boards on other message boards is not appropriate. Why would HH do that or allow that, or any board for that matter.
06-24-2005 10:25 AM
BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

HH doesn't have to do anything. It's a free country. It was just a request to aid the thousands of non-HH posting WKU fans find a place and since he chooses to make it a private board, which is his right, why not ask.

Since his board says "HH IS NOT TAKING ANY NEW REGISTRANTS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.", I think it would be "appropriate" to ask him to provide a link to other options for the hilltopper faithful he so desires to help.

As to the Gateway Board - that's a conference board and they regular post the links to the most active boards of the schools in the conference. Nothing inappropriate about that that I can see.
06-24-2005 10:36 AM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

A valid point, however this board is serving a different purpose than Haven. I really don't see it as competing as much as it is providing another outlet. I see your point, Haven might not like the idea but I want to be on both boards, hey I would like it if every member of Haven added something to this board. I do not think that any member here thinks this will ever be as popular as Haven but I think the wider view is helpful.
06-24-2005 10:36 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

TrumanWKU Wrote:Well we do have that nifty "ignore" button so perhaps that can help out some.
Good luck getting people to use it. I've found most folks would rather stomp on offenders than ignore them.
06-24-2005 11:30 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

galojay Wrote:Advertising competing message boards on other message boards is not appropriate. Why would HH do that or allow that, or any board for that matter.
It is very impolite. I never link to Tribalgrounds or the Belt Board on any other site trying to reach Arkansas State or Sun Belt fans and don't even use a sig with links.

Unlike most mods I rarely delete links to sites wanting to compete. I figure if someone does a better job I deserve to lose traffic.
06-24-2005 11:33 AM
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Thanks for pointing that out, I had not looked at it that way. I just edited that post!
06-24-2005 11:57 AM
RedBeardBlueRaider Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm going to show my ignorance here for a minute, but don't most message boards have a private or "by invitation" section for only the chosen few?

I think the biggest problem most of us have with the Western fans' internet presence is that we can't interact on a level playing field. The Haven's host, whomever he may be, has decided he doesn't want to have all of us on his board, as is his right. When I beat my chest on our board, I expect someone to be able to correct my irrational exuberance.

All that said, I hope that this board thrives. Sometimes we all just need to be shouted down, and Havenites don't have that privilege.
06-24-2005 12:42 PM
wku_topper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

My opinion on this is that if there are links from Gateway Conference or other school messageboards, then that is fine. However I agree with the others in that I don't feel that it is right to ask nor expect Haven to link to this site. I don't view this as competition to Haven rather just another place for WKU fans to go and be able to interact with fans of competing teams.
06-24-2005 12:53 PM
Stephen37130 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

galojay Wrote:Advertising competing message boards on other message boards is not appropriate.  Why would HH do that or allow that, or any board for that matter.
I found this board through a post from KAjunRaider at GoMTBlue.com. I've got time for both. Plus, this may the only place I can engage in reasonable talk with Topper fans. 03-wink
06-24-2005 01:21 PM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

SORRY WE DON'T DO REASONABLE!!!! :wave:
06-24-2005 02:09 PM
Advertisement

Stephen37130 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

TrumanWKU Wrote:SORRY WE DON'T DO REASONABLE!!!! :wave:
04-cheers

The fact that you posted that shows I am going to enjoy my time here. The funny thing is that I probably won't be in the MT folder much since I interact with most of those folks at GoMTBlue.com or GoBlueRaiders.net. I plan to visit here to interact with fans from other schools.
06-24-2005 02:26 PM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Stephen37130 Wrote:
TrumanWKU Wrote:SORRY WE DON'T DO REASONABLE!!!! :wave:
04-cheers

The fact that you posted that shows I am going to enjoy my time here. The funny thing is that I probably won't be in the MT folder much since I interact with most of those folks at GoMTBlue.com or GoBlueRaiders.net. I plan to visit here to interact with fans from other schools.
What are you talking about we are going to win the NCAA basketball crown this year! We are also going to win the 1AA championshio and then challenge and defeat the BCS champions. I really mean it, WE DON'T DO REASONABLE.

The above is overstating it, but you gotta understand for WKU fans the rest of the state wants us to be reasonable and accept that we cannot compete at the same level as UK and Louisville. The rest of the state wants us to be reasonable and accept that it is foolish for us to be in the Sunbelt rather than the OVC. The rest of the state wants us to be reasonable and realize that we have no business trying to excel beyond that which is reasonable. :)
06-24-2005 02:39 PM
Stephen37130 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

You boys are going to be highly disappointed in yourselves when you get a chance to hear our new women's basketball coach talk. Coach Insell is making plans for a Final Four trip by the end of the decade. That's certainly shaken some of the "expectations" down here in Murfreesboro.

Of course, if you have a lockerroom that looks like ours, you would feel pretty high and mighty too.

<a href='http://www.goblueraiders.com/?go=story&doc=4073' target='_blank'>Lady Raiders lockerroom pics</a>
06-24-2005 02:53 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

I'd put our basketball facilities up against ANYONE in the Sun Belt.

Take a look at our basketball facilities.

<a href='http://www.wkusports.com/page.cgi?page=tour' target='_blank'>http://www.wkusports.com/page.cgi?page=tour</a>
06-24-2005 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.