Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

12th team?
socalbyu
Unregistered

Is the ACC really going for the throat of the Big East or do they want to bury them in one swoop?

Which is the better Big East School Syracuse or BC for football? Remember basketball is a non BCS factor. Should the ACC pick Louisville and just put the Big East out of their misery?

Will the ACC be polite and go for Notre Dame or a SEC school. One thing is certain if they don't name a Big East School soon they won't!
07-07-2003 02:10 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

roxborobluedevil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

socalbyu Wrote:Is the ACC really going for the throat of the Big East or do they want to bury them in one swoop?

Which is the better Big East School Syracuse or BC for football? Remember basketball is a non BCS factor. Should the ACC pick Louisville and just put the Big East out of their misery?

Will the ACC be polite and go for Notre Dame or a SEC school. One thing is certain if they don't name a Big East School soon they won't!
I don't think the ACC will get another Big East school, if they wanted BC or 'Cuse they would have gotten them before. As for Louisville, they won't be in the ACC because ACC academic standards are too high for them, half of their athletes would be inelgible in the ACC. I think the 12th team will be either Notre Dame or an SEC team.
07-07-2003 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerbait Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I am just curious as to which sec school you think the acc wants/could get and also what would be the acc's appeal to a sec school in order to attract them away from the sec??
07-07-2003 03:55 PM
roxborobluedevil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

tigerbait Wrote:I am just curious as to which sec school you think the acc wants/could get and also what would be the acc's appeal to a sec school in order to attract them away from the sec??
Kentucky... The ACC has a very appealing basketball conference that would be great for a powerhouse like Kentucky. Kentucky has a football team on the rise, that is having alot of trouble in the very strong football conference of the SEC. I think Kentucky's program would be able to do what they need to do to be a good football school in the ACC.
07-07-2003 10:17 PM
Advertisement

Terpy
Unregistered

If Louisville lacks the academics to get into the ACC then no SEC school other than Vandy has a chance. :laugh:
07-07-2003 11:36 PM
roxborobluedevil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

:laugh: I didn't think about that.
07-08-2003 02:20 PM
DawgNBama
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:If Louisville lacks the academics to get into the ACC then no SEC school other than Vandy has a chance. :laugh:
Umm, according to http://www.princetonreview.com, Louisville's academics aren't that great at all. If you want an "LSU" type school in the ACC, Louisville would be it. UK, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss have better academics than Louisville.
07-08-2003 03:11 PM
tigerbait Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

DawgNBama Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:If Louisville lacks the academics to get into the ACC then no SEC school other than Vandy has a chance. :laugh:
Umm, according to http://www.princetonreview.com, Louisville's academics aren't that great at all. If you want an "LSU" type school in the ACC, Louisville would be it. UK, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss have better academics than Louisville.
LSU is at least harder to get into than Bama or M. State
since I know people that didnt get into lsu and did the other two
I will not go into academics though b/c I know nothing about that really just what I need to know
07-08-2003 05:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.