I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

do they join?
06-29-2003 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

XX2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Probably. But a lot of us aren't happy about it. I'm going to be seriously disappointed in (and angry at) Donna Shalala if she accepts the invitation to join the ACC today.

I'll be even angrier when she tries to put a positive spin on her selling our program to the ACC for 50
06-29-2003 11:33 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

[quote="XX2"] Probably. But a lot of us aren't happy about it. I'm going to be seriously disappointed in (and angry at) Donna Shalala if she accepts the invitation to join the ACC today.

I'll be even angrier when she tries to put a positive spin on her selling our program to the ACC for 50
06-29-2003 11:45 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

Duke and UNC said they are welcome if they come by themselves, we just dont want them Yankees down here
06-29-2003 11:59 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

I was just wondering XX2 are you an allumn/student of Miami?
06-30-2003 12:06 AM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Laettner's Legacy Wrote:Duke and UNC said they are welcome if they come by themselves, we just dont want them Yankees down here
That's because they'll whoop your tail in football.

The entire rest of the ACC outside of NC (+ WF and NCSU) can hold their own vs. BC and Cuse.
06-30-2003 12:22 AM
Advertisement

Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
Laettner's Legacy Wrote:Duke and UNC said they are welcome if they come by themselves, we just dont want them Yankees down here
That's because they'll whoop your tail in football.

The entire rest of the ACC outside of NC (+ WF and NCSU) can hold their own vs. BC and Cuse.
oh yeah, that makes sense! we dont think we can take BC and Cuse but we CAN take Miami football! :rolleyes:

a conference should make geographic sense. BC and Cuse would not make geographic sense, that is one reason the Big East is falling apart. and 12 schools would elimante a 50 year tradition of playing each team every year. Divisions are stupid.
06-30-2003 08:06 AM
techfan4
Unregistered

He didn't say either. Shoot, Duke can't take anyone in football right now.

I hope they do come. And Welcome to them if they come. 04-bow
06-30-2003 08:10 AM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

techfan4 Wrote:He didn't say either. Shoot, Duke can't take anyone in football right now.

we took ECU!

I got the picture to prove it
06-30-2003 08:16 AM
MsNole
Unregistered

Laettner's Legacy Wrote:
techfan4 Wrote:He didn't say either. Shoot, Duke can't take anyone in football right now.

we took ECU!

I got the picture to prove it
Does that "D" stand for Do or Die?

ECU is no comparsion to Miami...
06-30-2003 09:35 AM
lilredridinghood Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Quote:Miami is greatly respected / appreciated by all ACC schools except 3: UNC, Duke, NCSU

Look, let me start by saying I HATE starting a heated discussion with someone I truly respect but come on Swag.

To equate us not respecting Miami with the fact that we would not bow down to them running our conference decisions is bull~honky. I have MOUNDS of respect for Miami, but it is starting to dwindle if they have the attitude I have seen displayed recently. I understand their disappointment in not getting their way but this is NOT JUST ABOUT MIAMI!

I think the marriage in the making is great, I hope Miami can see past BC & Syr. to the ACC.
06-30-2003 10:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

XX2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Don't worry. There will be a 12th team added. Any numbskull can figure that one out.
Count me as 1 numbskull who can't. This process has been going on for ~ 4 years, and to date the ACC has only managed to find 1 school (Miami) that they wanted. VT doesn't count because they strong-armed their way in.

If the ACC couldn't find 1 more acceptable school in 4 years, what makes you think that they can/will now?

Besides, the votes to expand just aren't there. Duke, N.C & State will block any further move to expand. That has already been proven.

THIS BLOWS! :bang:
06-30-2003 04:42 PM
XX2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Terpy Wrote:I was just wondering XX2 are you an allumn/student of Miami?
Terpy: People who use a pseudonym to post tend to do so for a reason.

It may seem trivial, but I make it a point to not share any private info with psychotic nuts ... er, I mean strangers. 03-razz
06-30-2003 04:48 PM
roxborobluedevil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

XX2 Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Don't worry.  There will be a 12th team added.  Any numbskull can figure that one out.
Count me as 1 numbskull who can't. This process has been going on for ~ 4 years, and to date the ACC has only managed to find 1 school (Miami) that they wanted. VT doesn't count because they strong-armed their way in.

If the ACC couldn't find 1 more acceptable school in 4 years, what makes you think that they can/will now?

Besides, the votes to expand just aren't there. Duke, N.C & State will block any further move to expand. That has already been proven.

Yeah, we didn't want you guys either, but unfortunately you had to come. Do us a favor, get a basketball team that isn't gonna hurt our RPI ranking if we beat yall by 30 points.
06-30-2003 06:47 PM
XX2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

roxborobluedevil Wrote:Yeah, we didn't want you guys either, but unfortunately you had to come. Do us a favor, get a basketball team that isn't gonna hurt our RPI ranking if we beat yall by 30 points.
It won't be long before the trend of high school players heading straight to the NBA brings Duke back to the pack ... and then you'll add nothing to the conference.

And when that happens, Duke will be a good candidate for contraction.

No, I'm not kidding. Duke's undermining of the expansion process isn't going to be forgotten.
06-30-2003 07:02 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

XX2 Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Don't worry.  There will be a 12th team added.  Any numbskull can figure that one out.

Hmmmm, but now they have to count the votes of Miami and VTech along with the other schools who will vote yes.
06-30-2003 07:28 PM
Advertisement

DawgNBama
Unregistered

[quote="XX2"] [quote="georgia_tech_swagger"] Don't worry.
06-30-2003 07:35 PM
XX2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

MsNole Wrote:Hmmmm, but now they have to count the votes of Miami and VTech along with the other schools who will vote yes.
MsNole: Unless I'm mistaken, we'll need 9 votes to expand.

We don't have the votes.

DawgNBama: According to Marye Anne Fox, B.C. and Syracuse are too far north. Apparently both schools drifted farther north over the past 2 weeks. 03-wink
06-30-2003 08:06 PM
Paul
Unregistered

XX2 Wrote:
MsNole Wrote:Hmmmm, but now they have to count the votes of Miami and VTech along with the other schools who will vote yes.
MsNole: Unless I'm mistaken, we'll need 9 votes to expand.

We don't have the votes.

DawgNBama: According to Marye Anne Fox, B.C. and Syracuse are too far north. Apparently both schools drifted farther north over the past 2 weeks. 03-wink
Canes said YES!
06-30-2003 08:43 PM
Lucy
Unregistered

XX2 Wrote:It won't be long before the trend of high school players heading straight to the NBA brings Duke back to the pack ... and then you'll add nothing to the conference.

And when that happens, Duke will be a good candidate for contraction.

No, I'm not kidding. Duke's undermining of the expansion process isn't going to be forgotten.
Think that all you want. Duke brings more to the table than just men's & women's hoops. Even if you only take the sports that every ACC school offers (see my Lucy Cup thread) and compare, Duke is right up there at the top, and when Miami gets that men's golf team going, then Duke will pass you on points.

Besides that, there is the fact that no original ACC member will ever be asked to leave the conference through contraction. You can take that to the bank. If a member wishes to leave a la South Carolina, good riddance. However, I repeat, no original ACC member will ever be asked to leave.
06-30-2003 08:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.