Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who will the 12th team be??
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Notre Dame? Don't think so -- they love NBC contract long time.

Syracuse? BC? Pitt? WV? Louisville? UCONN?

I think UCONN is out b/c Miami is beyond irate at them and they'd do anything possible to block that.
WV doesn't have the academics to cut it. Louisville is "iffy" there too.

Pitt... BC... Cuse.

I think It'll be Pitt or Cuse -- BC doesn't have the fan base or "Juggernaut sport" like Pitt and Cuse do.
06-24-2003 11:10 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Notre Dame? Don't think so -- they love NBC contract long time.

Syracuse? BC? Pitt? WV? Louisville? UCONN?

I think UCONN is out b/c Miami is beyond irate at them and they'd do anything possible to block that.
WV doesn't have the academics to cut it. Louisville is "iffy" there too.

Pitt... BC... Cuse.

I think It'll be Pitt or Cuse -- BC doesn't have the fan base or "Juggernaut sport" like Pitt and Cuse do.
I think with everything, its got to be Pitt.
06-24-2003 11:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terpy
Unregistered

I seriously doubt another team will be added any time soon and if it is it will certainly not be a big east team. June 30th aparently is the deadline for Big East teams to make their decision. And why would they add another Big East team so soon but not include them in the current invitation? Also there would be no reason to add another team for awhile if the ACC gets approval for a football championship game with an 11 team league. If an when another team is added (it wont be any sooner than a year from now) unless the Big East is disbanded the team will likely be one that is currently a member of a mid major conference (ECU, Marshall, USF, and Louisville would be likely candidates).

Also I could be wrong but I believe WVU is a pretty good school as far as academics are concerned, certainly no worse than VT. And how is that BC doesnt have a big enough fan base being in one of the largest media markets in the country. Trust me BC has a very large and very loyal fan base.

Anyways if any team is added I would look for it to be a mid major school and if the Big East is disbanded (God willing 03-wink :laugh: ) I would look for the 12th team to be Pitt or WVU. Again I see no reason as to why a 12th team would be added anytime soon especially if the NCAA chooses to allow a championship game for an 11 team conference.

I would be big money that it will not happen any time this summer.

As far as Notre Dame I would be suprised if they DO NOT join a conference within 5 years and likely within 2 years
06-24-2003 11:56 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Well -- let's face it -- they will go for 12.

The NCAA will not say.. "Gee.. the ACC is special.. just for you folks... 11 and you can half a playoff." No way that happens!

Should be interesting to see how the 12th team pans out.
06-25-2003 12:04 AM
Advertisement

Terpy
Unregistered

To tell you the truth, I wouldnt be suprised at all if they do, I bet that the NCAA makes a ton of money from these conference championship game and I dont really see how one school would make that much of a differnece. A conference championship game could mean that Miami and FSU could every so often play twice in a season, that matchup happens to be one of the highest ratings grabbers in college football, the past several years have been instant classics, I dont see them passing on that opportunity, I agree that eventually they will expand to twelve but I dont think it will be because they have to for a conference championship football game. The NCAA knows the reason for the expansion is to get a conference championship and I dont think the ACC would have gone through with an 11 team expansion unless they felt pretty good about their chances of getting a conference championship game with 11 teams, considering all the media attention against expansion
06-25-2003 12:32 AM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

You sh*tting me?

The NCAA differentiates between dinner and a complimentary meal in recruiting.

Think they'll differentiate between 11 and 12 teams?
06-25-2003 12:42 AM
Terpy
Unregistered

The reason the differentiate between a meal and a dinner or whatever is an attempt to protect the amerature status of the student athletes in no way is that comparable with them allowing a league with 11 teams or 12 teams to hold a conference championship game.
06-25-2003 02:00 AM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:The reason the differentiate between a meal and a dinner or whatever is an attempt to protect the amerature status of the student athletes in no way is that comparable with them allowing a league with 11 teams or 12 teams to hold a conference championship game.
I'm trying to say via example that the NCAA is anal retentive and in general not very generous to anything the handbook says otherwise on... for example: 11 team conf. playoffs.
06-25-2003 02:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.