Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The most ironic thing I ever heard
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Hilary Rosen, the former RIAA CEO and chairwoman, has spoken out against Apple's "lock-in" with iPod and the iTunes Music Store:
"The problem is that the iPod only works with either songs that you buy from the on-line Apple iTunes store or songs that you rip from your own CD's."
Ironically, she appeals to consumer rights and anti-monopoly tactics.

<a href='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/2005/05/steve-jobs-let-.html' target='_blank'>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/arch...-jobs-let-.html</a>

When I read this... I stared in a stupor for 10 seconds... thinking, "There's no way in hell that's what I just read.. is it?"

So I re-read. It was. I wasn't sure if I should have laughed, or hired somebody to slap Rosen across the face for growing the balls necessary to make a statement like that.

Misc quotes around the net on the subject:

Quote:Fricking cow. Why don't YOU and all the lawsuit happy pricks on your side let OUR music go.

That's some fricking gall to blame Steve Jobs for Apples answer to the RIAAs psycho DRM paranoia.

Quote:In Future News today, the RIAA headquarters in sunny Washington, DC was completely destroyed when a large mass of irony accidentally fell off an aircraft and crashed into the building.

Rescue workers were quick to arrive at the scene, but surprisingly found no casualties.

"Apparently, the building was only staffed by vampires - bloodthirsty creatures who feed on the blood, sweat, and tears of the living - and they proved immune to the effects of such irony" said a broke-musician turned fireman that was among the first to arrive at the scene.

The irony broke free shortly after a Boeing-767 carrying lawyers to file papers against an entire sixth-grade class stopped at Ronald Reagan National Airport to take RIAA head Mitch Bainwol to a charity dinner for the school of the same children.

According to witnesses, the irony could be seen by bloody everyone; however, apparently it was not visible from within the RIAA headquarters itself. Washington DC mayor Anthony Williams has discussed potential legislation to force all employees of businesses within city limits to remove their blinders during working hours.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Quote:In the RIAA's perfect world, you and I would pay every time we listen to a song, on every device that could possibly play the song. And if we didn't pay these fees every time, we would end up in Siberia and never be heard from again.

Apple actually aknowledges than when a person buys a song/album, they should be able to listen to it in their car, on the MP3 player (iPod of course), their computer, etc. No, they don't think you should be able to stand on a street corner and hand out copies to complete strangers. Apple's solution is actually that happy medium where music companies get money for online music downloads and consumers get music in a form that is convenient and easy to move around their different listening devices. So yes, the OP had a legitimate gripe and Hillary Rosen is just being moronic and trying to twist reality into something it isn't.
05-10-2005 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

with idiotic comments like that, it is no wonder why everyone hates the RIAA. If those a-holes would concentrate on putting out good albums instead of the latest one hit wonder single, they wouldn't be in such bad shape. If we the consumers didn't have to make up for all the losses incurred by the loser bands that the companies sign, albums could probably cost half of what they do.
05-11-2005 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

So let me get this straight, she's FOR the legislation when it suits her but against it when it doesn't? Sod off.
05-12-2005 12:15 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.