Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Pot...kettle...black" is now a racist phrase
JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

Political correctness strikes again. I saw a report earlier on the local news about some group that is disgusted with the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" because it has racial undertones. They apparently think it shouldn't be used in your day-to-day conversations. The gist of their argument was if the expression was not intended as a disparaging remark toward people of color, then the expression might as well be "pot calling the kettle hot" instead.
04-13-2005 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,

Your Moma is so black the pot calls her :D
04-13-2005 09:53 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

Quote: then the expression might as well be "pot calling the kettle hot" instead.

Doesn't have the same ring does it????
04-13-2005 10:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion

But they aren't always hot! The pot and the kettle are always black (at least they are when they're good cast iron).

:bang: :rolleyes:
04-15-2005 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Political correctness run amuk. This is up there with that clown in Texas who was offended because the hurricane's didn't have "black" names. :rolleyes:
04-15-2005 12:36 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

GDawgs88 Wrote:Political correctness run amuk. This is up there with that clown in Texas who was offended because the hurricane's didn't have "black" names. :rolleyes:
...and the moronic beeyatch that tried to sue Southwest Airlines because they wouldn't sit down and the stewardess said, "Any many miny mo, pick a seat, we gotta go". {Is stewardess still PC?}
04-15-2005 12:39 PM
Quote this message in a reply
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

And the folks who complain about the computer terms of slave and master drives.
04-15-2005 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.