Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cali. Gov's Race
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

If you choose none of the above..post who you'd write in.

WPS
08-07-2003 10:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

gray davis is a total moron. It's amazing how a state that collects so much in income taxes could be so far in debt. I guess when all you do during the boom of the 90's, is spend and not save, you deserve to get recalled. If the new candidate is weak minded, like Davis, he or she will again adhere to the tree huggers who helped ruin California.
08-07-2003 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I dont give a flip it has no impact on me... :laugh:
08-07-2003 01:28 PM
The Peoples Champion Offline
1st String

I Root For:

i'd say the lt. governor, if arnie wins, then the state will be a madhouse
08-07-2003 10:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

i'm not so sure i agree, cause he's a pretty smart guy. Also, is the state not already a madhouse?
08-07-2003 10:21 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The Peoples Champion Wrote:i'd say the lt. governor, if arnie wins, then the state will be a madhouse
A madhouse huh? Tell me, will you be one of the residents? Lemme guess, he talks funny to you so he MUST be dumb, right? Or..he was MR. Universe, so he MUST be dumb, right?

Truth, Arnold already GOT an initiative passed for children. He's VERY intelligent, just as Ventura is, and will be a VERY good governor.

You don't own half of Denver by being a dumb***.
08-07-2003 10:23 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think Arnold would do a great job. You don't have to be a career politician to be governor. Look at Ventura right off. I disagree with some of Ventura's ideas and thoughts, but overall I think he did a good job..Minnesota didn't collapse and go mad with him in charge.

The fact is..Gray Davis has to go. He is a disaster, and frankly, he's living proof of what any state gets when you put a far-left (Shad, bigolhawg, joebordenrebel like) tax and spend man as your head of state. You wind up sending business and jobs fleeing your state and the madhouse that follows.

If Arnold hadn't run..I'd have supported someone like Riordan.

WPS
08-08-2003 10:17 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

This says A LOT about AhhNold's character:

Quote:Schwarzenegger's campaign on Sunday released tax returns showing he paid more than $9 million in state and federal income tax in 2001 on $26.1 million in income, <span style='color:red'>while giving $4.2 million to charity.</span>

Bear in mind, Al Gore gave about 200 bucks to charity while VP.

...and Calling_the_Hogs, it's refreshing to see a CONSERVATIVE Hog fan. All the ones on SECFAnatics worship Clinton. Besides Count Porkula.
08-10-2003 11:30 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Why Arnold IS qualified:

<a href='http://reese.king-online.com/Reese_20030811/index.php' target='_blank'>http://reese.king-online.com/Reese_20030811/index.php</a>
08-11-2003 11:12 AM
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

RebelKev...there are a lot more conservative HOG fans out there too. After all, the state did go to Bush in 2000 :drink:

Mostly, it's the NW part of the state, around Fayetteville (where the UA campus is located)...where Washington and Benton counties are, that's the GOP stronghold of the state. Wal-Mart world HQ is in Bentonville, and the area, which has little to no unemployment, is the 2nd fastest growing metro area in the US, and has the #1 economy of any US metro area according to the Milkin Agency, has sent a GOP to Congress every election since 1967.

The Dems stronghold in Ark. is in Pine Bluff and the south and east parts of the state...where most of the sad stereotypes are located...also where Ark. State is located....and one of many reasons why stAte fans have so much contempt towards HOG fans.

And RebelKev...SECFanatics sucks. Basically, they copied everything the admins here tried to do on the SECbbs and NCAAbbs boards. I mean, as soon as GTS or JJ or any admin put something up, they copied within 48 hours. Miss Kitty, the UK fan on there, accused me and others of trying to steal members, called us classless and attempted to steal all of ours herself. That board is a disgrace...and personally..if you can recruit any and every one of their members over to our board...it'd' be appreciated. Watching them go down will have no sympathies from me or NCAAbbs admins.

WPS
08-11-2003 12:37 PM
1st String

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:
The Peoples Champion Wrote:i'd say the lt. governor, if arnie wins, then the state will be a madhouse
A madhouse huh? Tell me, will you be one of the residents? Lemme guess, he talks funny to you so he MUST be dumb, right? Or..he was MR. Universe, so he MUST be dumb, right?

Truth, Arnold already GOT an initiative passed for children. He's VERY intelligent, just as Ventura is, and will be a VERY good governor.

You don't own half of Denver by being a dumb***.
Did i say anything about intellect, RebelKev? No. You being presumptuous as to my reasoning is as flawed as me assuming that he was dumb.

The facts of california is this: economically, California is in dire straits right now. To really solve the problem, they need a seasoned politician. As such, my first pick right off the back was the Lt. Governor, since he's the most familiar with the legislation as of late. Truth be told, i wouldn't care who won the position on terms of partisan alignment, so long as they can change things. There's no question that Arnold is a good person, and a man of integrity, but california needs someone that's more than that, and i can't say that about him.

Thanks for assuming what i was thinking though, i really appreciate it. 03-pissed
08-11-2003 05:48 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Get used to RebelKev putting words into your mouth, TPC, he's perfected it. :rolleyes:
08-11-2003 07:39 PM
1st String

I Root For:

yeah, i guessed, nate. How's life? :)
08-11-2003 10:57 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The Peoples Champion Wrote:To really solve the problem, they need a seasoned politician.
This is all I need. Clinton was a seasoned politician. What California needs is someone that is NOT seasoned. That's all they've had in the past and it has failed them immensely.

Ohh, and Nate just hates him because he's a Republican. It doesn't MATTER that he's a moderate. Hell, He's pretty much in the same league with Joe Lieberman.....BEFORE the Gore/Lieberman campaign.

Nate hates ALL Republicans.
08-12-2003 12:07 AM
1st String

I Root For:

I'm curious, what has Arnold proposed as solutions? From what i've noticed, he hasn't had much to say in regards to the biggest issue of the election, namely economics.

Besides that, you can't make a stereotype based on the past failure of something like clinton, it doesn't relate at all.

But then again, i suppose that arnold is better than gallagher... :)
08-12-2003 11:32 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

The Peoples Champion Wrote:I'm curious, what has Arnold proposed as solutions? From what i've noticed, he hasn't had much to say in regards to the biggest issue of the election, namely economics.

Besides that, you can't make a stereotype based on the past failure of something like clinton, it doesn't relate at all.

But then again, i suppose that arnold is better than gallagher... :)
Limit government spending, stop unneccesary programs intended to "buy votes", etc.

Name one thing Arnold has failed at in his lifetime. He is going in as NOT a career politician, one who uses the system to his/her advantage, plays class warfare intended to divide the community, owes someone something, etc. He will use his own money, speak his mind, and do what he says he is going to do. No one has told me how Ventura was a bad governor yet. Hell, he was great for that state. He lowered taxes and repaired their economy.....it's just when you do that, you tend to step on the toes of the {Cough, Cough} under-achievers that believe they are owed something that belongs to someone else and want the seizure power of the government to provide it for them.
08-12-2003 11:40 AM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:
The Peoples Champion Wrote:To really solve the problem, they need a seasoned politician.
This is all I need. Clinton was a seasoned politician. What California needs is someone that is NOT seasoned. That's all they've had in the past and it has failed them immensely.

Ohh, and Nate just hates him because he's a Republican. It doesn't MATTER that he's a moderate. Hell, He's pretty much in the same league with Joe Lieberman.....BEFORE the Gore/Lieberman campaign.

Nate hates ALL Republicans.
I don't hate Arnold at all... WHERE DID I SAY THAT????? The SAME THREAD that I called you out for putting words into someone's mouth... you do it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW, I think and hope that Arnold wins.
08-12-2003 04:10 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Where did I say it, RebelKev????
08-13-2003 08:24 AM
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Arnold and Ventura are known friends since their days working together in the movies Predator and The Running Man. Both share a very similar political philosophy, so what MN got out of Ventura, CA could expect much of the same from Arnold. Fiscally, both are strong conservatives, believing that smaller government, cutting taxes, etc. is the best way to go...in fact, while most Dems were yelling about Bush giving 25% of the surplus in '00 to taxpayers, Ventura gave ALL of Minnesota's back. Socially, Arnold's moderate to liberal...but more to the right of Ventura. Arnold's social standards can really label him a centrist Republican.

A victory by Arnold could really boost the GOP...imagine Arnold at the RNC convention in '04...plus, showing a GOP platform that's very centrist will only give the GOP a greater opening with the majority of American voters who are independent of parties.

WPS
08-13-2003 12:46 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:Where did I say it, RebelKev????
Dont be such a dork nate.
08-13-2003 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.