Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Jeopardy Guy
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

I don't think there is another thread about this, but this guy has been amazing. I have watched him the past couple of weeks and there is no category he doesn't know. The final score tonight was $52,000- $4000- $1000. What does this guy read?
07-22-2004 09:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

cbfranchise3 Wrote:I don't think there is another thread about this, but this guy has been amazing. I have watched him the past couple of weeks and there is no category he doesn't know. The final score tonight was $52,000- $4000- $1000. What does this guy read?
The encyclopedia? Each night?
07-22-2004 09:30 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

T-Monay820 Wrote:
cbfranchise3 Wrote:I don't think there is another thread about this, but this guy has been amazing.  I have watched him the past couple of weeks and there is no category he doesn't know.  The final score tonight was $52,000- $4000- $1000.  What does this guy read?
The encyclopedia? Each night?
He is on Leno tonight, I'll see what he says.
07-22-2004 11:09 PM
zelinleaf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati

he's now won over $1.2 million!!! :eek:
and after seven plus weeks, no one seems to be even close to being his competition. this guy is simply amazing, both in the amount of information he retains and can recall so rapidly. but i have to wonder, how much longer will it take until the audience lose interest in the show because it is so one-sided? or will the audience's interest actually increase over time as the streak continues? the Jeopardy game organizers have to expect that once they change the rules allowing the champion to come back beyond 5 days, that someone is going to come in and be so good that no one can seem to beat, until he beats himself. I mean, isn't that why they had that rule to begin with. It'll be interesting to see how things unfold. They certainly have got my attention.
07-23-2004 01:58 AM
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

if you watch, he knows far fewer info about sports than anything...

out of the 4 or 5 categories I've seen posted he's answered only 7 - 10 out of 20 - 25, and thats really low for this guy...

I'm beginning people are going to start rooting against, or already have... Who wants to see this guy whip everyones butt each night...

The guy is genius, yet he couldn't make it on Millionaire?? I"m sure he would have definately the million.
07-23-2004 07:32 AM
Chris from WV Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

He will keep winning until they introduce the category:

What women want

:laugh:
07-23-2004 07:46 AM
Advertisement

cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

jrhessey Wrote:if you watch, he knows far fewer info about sports than anything...

out of the 4 or 5 categories I've seen posted he's answered only 7 - 10 out of 20 - 25, and thats really low for this guy...
Nobody on that show ever knows anything about sports.
07-23-2004 09:06 AM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

I think it may have been set-up to stir interest back into Jeopardy. What would you do if you were the owner of a game show that used to be big but has fallen off? Have someone that keeps winning. :wave:
07-23-2004 09:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

techfan4 Wrote:I think it may have been set-up to stir interest back into Jeopardy. What would you do if you were the owner of a game show that used to be big but has fallen off? Have someone that keeps winning. :wave:
I watch it almost every night now, and I used to hate jeopardy. It has definately drawn interest back to tired old show.

I always laugh when the guys competitors start clapping for him (like fans) as he is kicking their tails.
07-23-2004 09:36 AM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

SkunkworksCrappies

Yeah, and I have ot admit I've watched it 4 or 5 times since the word got around.
07-23-2004 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigers1985 Offline
Spectacular

I Root For: Tigers
DonatorsDonators

I've seen it once since the dude showed up. In the first round, he answered 28 of the 30 questions correctly. Missed one. And one of the other two contestants answered one right. It was like watching Jordan in the "zone"
07-23-2004 09:49 AM
Advertisement

Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies

I want to be Ken Jennings when I grow up.
07-23-2004 10:46 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I watched it again last night. He tied the single-day record with $52,000 for the 3rd time. For some reason he doesn't want to break that record.

I also noticed last night that he didn't know much about rock music.....neither did the other two though.
07-23-2004 12:24 PM
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

The kid is sick.
07-23-2004 04:01 PM
lawrenceterp Offline
1st String

I Root For:

That guy is stupid. I'm way smarter than him.
07-23-2004 05:13 PM
IU_lauren3 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Indiana
CrappiesCrappies

I think I read somewhere that he writes trivia questions for another game/show, so questions like these would be right up his alley. (though I could be dreaming that :rolleyes: )
07-23-2004 09:09 PM
Advertisement

techfan4 Offline
One of the First

SkunkworksCrappies

lawrenceterp Wrote:That guy is stupid. I'm way smarter than him.
Of course you are! 03-wink :D
07-23-2004 09:11 PM
natejonesacc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

He just broke the alltime record for a one day total yesterday with 75,000... :eek:
07-24-2004 11:18 AM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

natejonesacc Wrote:He just broke the alltime record for a one day total yesterday with 75,000... :eek:
Look whos back. :wave:
07-24-2004 01:06 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

IU_lauren3 Wrote:I think I read somewhere that he writes trivia questions for another game/show, so questions like these would be right up his alley. (though I could be dreaming that :rolleyes: )

He writes questions for NAQT (see http://www.naqt.com), which is one of the companies that puts on University (and high school level) tournaments in the formats like the old College Bowl (which is still around). The questions are generally slightly harder than Jeopardy-style questions and certainly favor 'quick-recall' skills.

I've known or played against a number of guys who do this in college, and they all generally do quite well, simply due to familiarity with a like sport.

At this point, he's so into the flow of the game (watching for the red light to come on, which is half the battle) that it will take someone who can stay within half his score and then hope he misses final jeopardy.
07-24-2004 01:54 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.