Georgia
West Virginia
[Show Results]

WV-UGA
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
WV-UGA
Be Honest....I just knew UGA was going to win. My problem was probably the same problem UGA had. 04-bow to the Mountaineers.
01-03-2006 05:06 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

UGA fans are hating life................again. 02-13-banana
01-03-2006 05:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I'll be honest, before the game I thought Georgia was gonna whip West Virginia good. West Virginia came out pumped, and after the first couple series, I thought for sure they were going to win. Georgia came back and darn near won the game. West Virginia was fast, especially on offense. There arent too many teams out there with more team speed than Georgia, West Virginia is one of them.

Im not completely convinced that Georgia would have won had they shown the intensity and desire that West Virginia played with. The Mountaineers were that good. I think they were going to win the game regardless of how into the game Georgia was. If they showed up from the beggining it would have been a more back and forth game but I think West Virginia was coming out on top either way.
01-03-2006 12:34 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:Im not completely convinced that Georgia would have won had they shown the intensity and desire that West Virginia played with. The Mountaineers were that good. I think they were going to win the game regardless of how into the game Georgia was. If they showed up from the beggining it would have been a more back and forth game but I think West Virginia was coming out on top either way.
I disagree. We just got mentally into this game too late, which has been known to happen under Mark Richt. The fact that we were down 28-0 and still almost won shows me that it would have been a rout if we had really been prepared. But I could see this coming. We have a history of letting down after a huge win and letting some underdog jump on us early. We usually fight back, but by then it's too late.
01-03-2006 03:15 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

rickheel Wrote:UGA fans are hating life................again. 02-13-banana
We just won the SEC Championship. I think we'll be all right.
01-03-2006 03:16 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I was watching something on espn and they brought up an interesting point. Teams like Georgia really have nothing to play for in this game. They came into the season with National Championship implications, no matter what happened in this game they werent going to win a championship so for the coaches and players what is the point of giving it your all in a game that in the big picture is meaningless?

I stand by my statemen that West Virginia was good enoug to win either way but it is an interesting point.

If thinking UGA would of won had they played hard helps the fans sleep at night, then more power to ya. I still think the better team won this game.
01-03-2006 04:55 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:If thinking UGA would of won had they played hard helps the fans sleep at night, then more power to ya. I still think the better team won this game.
I don't think that, I know that. We outscored them 35-10 after the first quarter. It's just that we weren't awake until then. We read our press-clippings all month and got rocked right out of the gate. The fact that we even made it a game after being in such a massive hole shows how good we are, but the fact that we put ourselves in that hole shows the coaching staff really screwed up and didn't have us ready.

But the four quarters all do count, and at the end of the day WVU had three more points, so if they want to say they're the better team, then they've earned that right. Hats off to 'em for playing the game of their lives and getting a watershed victory for their school and the Big East.
01-03-2006 05:06 PM
Advertisement

Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

If I was a West Virginia fan, I would be pretty upset when my team just won a big game that nobody thought they had a chance in and the next morning everyone was saying Georgia would of won had they played hard the whole game.

The team you played was good, very good. They are very young also, if they go out next year and lay the smackdown on everyone again maybe someone will believe in them.
01-03-2006 05:12 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Terpy Wrote:If I was a West Virginia fan, I would be pretty upset when my team just won a big game that nobody thought they had a chance in and the next morning everyone was saying Georgia would of won had they played hard the whole game.

The team you played was good, very good. They are very young also, if they go out next year and lay the smackdown on everyone again maybe someone will believe in them.
Hey, WVU earned my respect last night. I think we would have won if we had been better focused, but that doesn't mean I wasn't very impressed with WVU. I think with White and Slaton they're a team that could be playing for all the marbles next year.

But it shouldn't matter what other people think of West Virginia. They won the game. Begging for respect is for losers. If they keep it up, they'll get plenty of respect, I promise you.
01-03-2006 06:23 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Thats my point they shouldnt have to beg for respect.

They toasted you guys in the first quarter and you guys were stuck playing catchup the rest of the game, and you never caught them.

You guys played well to get back into it but really, the game was over as soon as it began.
01-03-2006 06:32 PM
Advertisement

tarheelsben1 Offline
Mac Guru

I Root For: UNC
Folding@NCAAbbs

Terpy Wrote:I was watching something on espn and they brought up an interesting point. Teams like Georgia really have nothing to play for in this game. They came into the season with National Championship implications, no matter what happened in this game they werent going to win a championship so for the coaches and players what is the point of giving it your all in a game that in the big picture is meaningless?

Yet another reason to dump the BCS for a National Tournament
01-03-2006 07:10 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

WVU got conservitive later in the game on offense, basically sucking time off the clock whilst getting no yards at all.
01-03-2006 08:07 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

uconnbaseball Wrote:WVU got conservitive later in the game on offense, basically sucking time off the clock whilst getting no yards at all.

*Conservative
01-03-2006 08:07 PM
Yawhooos Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I was pulling for WVU , but honestly I didnt think they had a chance .

Good win for WVU
01-04-2006 12:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.