Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Was the Va Tech attack an act of terrorism?
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Was the Va Tech attack an act of terrorism?
I found this article/letter on a Christian website that I frequent. I know that some of you will dismiss the whole letter just because of it's origin and who wrote it, but I found it to be intriguing.

Was VA Tech Massacre A Terrorist Attack?

Quote:I also spoke this morning, right after this meeting with a peace officer here in Virginia who had access too and has read some of the transcripts of the other ten videos that are not being shown on the news. The shooter (Cho) was quoting verses from the Koran and had Ishmael written on his arm and as his return address on the package sent to NBC. It appears that he did not randomly pick his targets but rather chose classes that had high concentrations of Christians and Jews in them-he was targeting Christians and Jews!!!!!
04-25-2007 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

01-wingedeagle
04-25-2007 10:19 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:01-wingedeagle

Shocking that you would be the first to dismiss it. Let me ask you a question...What does "Ismael Ax" stand for?
04-25-2007 10:21 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

either way he was full of hate and took that hopelessness to its logical conclusion.

the truth behind the Columbine killers is fascinating also, there are tapes that really get into their motives that they aren't releasing. However they do know that they worshiped Darwin and Hitler and were trying to play out "natural selection" in their killings, thinking they could become gods and that all they were doing is mixing molecules around in the universe. One wore a T-shirt that read "natural selection" the other "Wrath", one had a Hammer and Sickle(Soviet Symbol and the great Atheist state) on his boot............I would love to know if Cho watched National Geographics "Final Report" on Columbine that aired last month.
04-25-2007 10:28 AM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

I'm skeptical, but it wouldn't surprise me. To convince me, just show that he did target specifically religious people. Show me that the classes he went after were attended by a higher percentage of Christian and Jewish people. Then show me how he could have known the percentages.

Also on his suicide tape, he seemed to rant about all sorts of people, and I'm not sure that he had any strong desire to harm only the religious people. He seemed pretty indiscriminate to me. Show me the ties to a terrorist organization.

If this is the case, it seems like the so-called liberal media would be jumping all over this to prove that the Bush Administration has failed in keeping us safe from another terrorist attack.

So I'm not sure this is anything more than just a mental breakdown of a very disturbed individual. Sure the possibility exists that he's a terrorist, but I want to see some evidence and not just speculation.
04-25-2007 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:So I'm not sure this is anything more than just a mental breakdown of a very disturbed individual. Sure the possibility exists that he's a terrorist, but I want to see some evidence and not just speculation.

I don't think that they were insenuating that he was working as part of a terror cell or even had any official terror training, but more of a lone whacko mad at certain religions. Like I said it's intriguing.

It would be interesting to see the transcripts of the "other" tapes he made.
04-25-2007 12:47 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

depends what your definition of terrorism is.
04-25-2007 12:59 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

fsquid Wrote:depends what your definition of terrorism is.

I think he committed an act of dumbassism
04-25-2007 01:05 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

Sudden Jihad syndrom is whats being insinuated, very different than working with a terror cell like Al-Qaeda, however it underscores the importance of the ideological war going on in the world. It happened last year at UNC-Chapel Hill and many other places around the country, the media have covered the story up in its mass reporting in many circumstances.(covered up by not telling the whole story and islam connections, mainstream media that is).... I beleive last year in Seattle when they had a hospital shooting was a recent case.

There are terrorist attacks by jihadist happening pretty frequently in the Phillipians and Thailand now, its a suicidal death cult.
04-25-2007 01:09 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

GGniner Wrote:Sudden Jihad syndrom is whats being insinuated, very different than working with a terror cell like Al-Qaeda, however it underscores the importance of the ideological war going on in the world. It happened last year at UNC-Chapel Hill and many other places around the country, the media have covered the story up in its mass reporting in many circumstances.(covered up by not telling the whole story and islam connections, mainstream media that is).... I beleive last year in Seattle when they had a hospital shooting was a recent case.

There are terrorist attacks by jihadist happening pretty frequently in the Phillipians and Thailand now, its a suicidal death cult.

IIRC, the gunman that started shooting people in the Utah mall several months ago was doing the same thing.
04-25-2007 01:12 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

GrayBeard Wrote:I don't think that they were insenuating that he was working as part of a terror cell or even had any official terror training, but more of a lone whacko mad at certain religions. Like I said it's intriguing.

Well he certainly was a wacko. Just the other day it seemed that people didn't like the fact that some of the tapes were made public, but now it would be very useful in order to determine what his motivations were.
04-25-2007 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

GrayBeard Wrote:
GGniner Wrote:Sudden Jihad syndrom is whats being insinuated, very different than working with a terror cell like Al-Qaeda, however it underscores the importance of the ideological war going on in the world. It happened last year at UNC-Chapel Hill and many other places around the country, the media have covered the story up in its mass reporting in many circumstances.(covered up by not telling the whole story and islam connections, mainstream media that is).... I beleive last year in Seattle when they had a hospital shooting was a recent case.

IIRC, the gunman that started shooting people in the Utah mall several months ago was doing the same thing.
it all underscores why the "fortress America" foreign policy the far right like Buchanan advocate doen't work in the modern, technologically advanced world. It would be different if it was 100 years ago. I would throw the left in their with Buchanan but I have no idea what they stand for anymore other than "hate bush" and defeat/withdrawal.....this is why the President has said that increasingly freedom at home is dependent on freedom prospering abroad. Philosphically we are in unchartered waters, in how information and ideas spread....

if this was another case of Sudden Jihad syndrom, except on this scale and media coverage I doubt the mainstream media would want the public to know about it anytime soon, it would hurt their political party and affirm much of what Bush has talked about. That said, it could easily be another lone nut which is something we've had plenty of over the years not motivated by Jihad, but by hopelessness. Whether like Columbine or otherwise.
04-25-2007 01:39 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

ShoreBuc Wrote:

so do I, but we have to class everything in this country.
04-25-2007 02:12 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

fsquid Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:

so do I, but we have to class everything in this country.

Of course we do...That is how we keep the statisticians employed.
04-25-2007 02:13 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:I don't think that they were insenuating that he was working as part of a terror cell or even had any official terror training, but more of a lone whacko mad at certain religions. Like I said it's intriguing.

Well he certainly was a wacko. Just the other day it seemed that people didn't like the fact that some of the tapes were made public, but now it would be very useful in order to determine what his motivations were.

I don't think there is any value in showing the tapes to the general public. There isn't anyone on this board who is going to be enlightened by seeing them (including Graybeard).
04-25-2007 03:11 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

blah Wrote:
Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:

I don't think there is any value in showing the tapes to the general public. There isn't anyone on this board who is going to be enlightened by seeing them (including Graybeard).

I totally agree with you...I don't want to see the tapes, but I would like to know the truth behind the motives. Sadly, I don't trust the government or the media to tell me the truth about what and why.
04-25-2007 03:12 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:

GrayBeard Wrote:
blah Wrote:
Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:

I totally agree with you...I don't want to see the tapes, but I would like to know the truth behind the motives. Sadly, I don't trust the government or the media to tell me the truth about what and why.

the Columbine parents, some of them, have been trying to get them to release the basement tapes of those killers which apparently get into detail on their motives and thinking, which is Darwin/Atheist based.

If you remember there was a big uproar over it back in October when one of the fathers got "free speech" time on CBS evening news and briefly discussed the culture of death and how it relates to what is being taught in the schools. Its interesting subject.....
04-25-2007 03:18 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Since when did terrorism become a word only applicable to Arabs? Hell yeah it was terrorism.
04-25-2007 06:19 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators

To me, this seems really misguided. How can you possibly hope to understand this kid's motives? He was a crackpot. Why is it so important to blame this on something other than a deeply disturbed kid whose intellect and emotions were scrambled? Will it be an indictment of the "ism" of your choice if his writings/tapes/photos reveal a manifesto or a slogan on a tshirt supporting a deceased philosopher/scientist/politician? I don't think it matters what he said or wrote - the guy was unbalanced. Was modern technology REALLY to blame for the Unibomber, just because he said so? I'm a lot more interested in how we can better identify people like this and make sure they are managed in a way to protect us (and them).
04-25-2007 06:42 PM
OUGwave Offline
All American

I Root For:

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:

Bingo.
04-25-2007 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.