Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Engine question.
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators
Engine question.
I cannot find anyone to rebuild an engine in a 94 Nissan Sentra SER. The bad part about it is the engine has 79k miles on it. One cylinder has 40% compression. It has been sitting in my brothers garage for the last three years. I was going to buy it for my son. I have been online for the last few days looking at rebuilt and used engines. Its tempting to pick up one of the engines from Japan but I am not sure I want to go that route. I have found rebuilds from 1400 to 2200. Any of you ever buy an engine online?
06-09-2007 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

faet Offline
2nd String

I Root For: haha­­
SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbs
RE: Engine question.
There was kid i sorta new in HS who swapped out his 240sx engine with a more powerful one. I think SR20 to SR20DET (2.0 litre to 2.0 with turbo or something not entirely sure). He got the engine from japan, was used, probably 20-30k miles on it. I don't think he's had any troubles with it. I have lost contact with him but there are many people who do the same thing and have no troubles buying an engine from japan and getting it shipped.

I bought a crate engine from FordRacing.com was shipped, have had no problems with it. But it traveled far less distance than one you'd be getting.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2007 09:43 PM by faet.)
06-10-2007 09:31 PM
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
RE: Engine question.
ordering crate engines from Japan is the best route, you can get an awesome used motor with a warranty shipped all the way here for the price of rebulding that engine.

(edit: that bad cylinder is most likely just a stuck valve and can be fixed fairly cheap, escpecially with only 79K on the car. A quick ELD test would let you know where your losing compression.)
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2007 10:33 PM by Jesterondirt.)
06-10-2007 10:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.