Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I know
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
I know
spelling flames are juvenile. But, I couldn't get over this caption to a story

Quote:Former Juneau, Alaska High School principle Deborah Morse speaks to reporters outside the Supreme Court...

and that members of the news media so frequently like to tell the rest of us how dumb we are, and how much more informed, and ergo "right", they are.
06-28-2007 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
RE: I know
I'm no english major, but I can't see what is wrong
06-28-2007 12:51 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
The principal is always your "pal."
06-28-2007 12:52 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
yep, majority of the media are idiots with agendas.

until today, at CNN you could not find “Jerusalem, Israel" on their weather search, you could find “Jerusalem, OH" and other places but not Israel. Instead it was “Jerusalem, null.”, LGF found this obvious anti-israel hatred the other day and as of today it has been fixed.

CNN is not antiwar, they like alot of war protesters are simply on the other side. Which explains alot.

also, you can still find all this old arab cities that no longer exist on CNN"s website and haven't in decades.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2007 02:13 PM by GGniner.)
06-28-2007 01:29 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
GGniner Wrote:yep, majority of the media are idiots with agendas.

until today, at CNN you could not find “Jerusalem, Israel" on their weather search, you could find “Jerusalem, OH" and other places but not Israel. Instead it was “Jerusalem, null.”, LGF found this obvious anti-israel hatred the other day and as of today it has been fixed.

CNN is not antiwar, they like alot of war protesters are simply on the other side. Which explains alot.

also, you can still find all this old arab cities that no longer exist on CNN"s website and haven't in decades.
They also couldn't place Afghanistan correctly on a map either. They put it where Syria is located.
06-28-2007 08:15 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
ah, I never did well in spelling
06-29-2007 12:19 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
The media also likes to spell and pronounce words a certain way to sound intelligent. A.K.A wrong. E.g. they like to say negotiate like nego-see-ate now, if you look that up in the dictionary it says that pronunciation is archaic (and it does seem to be a recent development in the media). They apparently think they're arbiters of the English language. Wrong. They also spell things differently if they feel like it (how many different spellings of Khaddafi did we see?). I can spell far better than most journalists so I notice these things too.
06-30-2007 02:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.