01-22-2008 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
RE: THe Joker is Dead
yeah i just saw that. surprising and unfortunate. I hear his performance as the joker is awesome, it's too bad he'll never get to see it.
01-22-2008 05:49 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
I wonder how finsihed the Dark Knight was before he died.
01-22-2008 05:55 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
PirateTreasureNC Wrote:I wonder how finsihed the Dark Knight was before he died.

i hope they shot all his scenes
01-22-2008 06:03 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I read that the Dark Knight was complete. This is sad news.

I guess we were due for young celebrity overdose though its been awhile.
01-22-2008 06:22 PM
BhamHoosier Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB Blazers
what i heard is that he couldn't sleep very long after doing the joker as he was so deep in the character that it messed with his head.
01-23-2008 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Ryan Gordon Offline
MyBB Lead Developer

I Root For: Programmers
SkunkworksDonators
Yeh thats creepy and sad at the same time. If it got to him that much I don't know if I really want to see the movie o.o

Conversion disorder =o
01-23-2008 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
not to be disrespectful, but his death just proves how there's way too much media today. Stories of his death are everywhere. It makes it seem like he was some kind of star. Before i heard he was playing joker, i didn't even know who he was. The only movie i've ever seen him in is 10 things i hate about you, which is like 10 yrs old.
01-25-2008 06:43 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
flyingswoosh Wrote:not to be disrespectful, but his death just proves how there's way too much media today. Stories of his death are everywhere. It makes it seem like he was some kind of star. Before i heard he was playing joker, i didn't even know who he was. The only movie i've ever seen him in is 10 things i hate about you, which is like 10 yrs old.

Go check out his imdb page, he certainly wasnt the biggest star around but he has been a number of good movies, including several which were critically acclaimed. Just because you havent heard much of him doesnt mean he was fairly well known and respected as being a good actor.
01-25-2008 07:02 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Terpy Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:not to be disrespectful, but his death just proves how there's way too much media today. Stories of his death are everywhere. It makes it seem like he was some kind of star. Before i heard he was playing joker, i didn't even know who he was. The only movie i've ever seen him in is 10 things i hate about you, which is like 10 yrs old.

Go check out his imdb page, he certainly wasnt the biggest star around but he has been a number of good movies, including several which were critically acclaimed. Just because you havent heard much of him doesnt mean he was fairly well known and respected as being a good actor.

i guess he was respected, but he was definitely a low level actor at best. I was actually looking at his imdb page earlier today and i had only heard of 4 or 5 of those movies.

I'm just amazed at all the media coverage. i can only imagine how much press there'd be if someone like vin diesel died.
01-25-2008 08:49 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Vin Diesel is like 10 years older than Heath Ledger, I dont think its really comparable. He is more famous but Ledger was a much better actor.

Go check out Tom Cruise's IMDB page and look at the movies he did before he was 28, Id be suprised if you had heard of more than 5 or 6 of them, but then again you probably werent born when most of those movies were made so that may not be a fair way to judge it.

I just dont think you have a fair appreciation of how young he was for his craft, most actors dont really peak until they are in their late 30s.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2008 10:49 PM by Terpy.)
01-25-2008 10:42 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Terpy Wrote:Vin Diesel is like 10 years older than Heath Ledger, I dont think its really comparable. He is more famous but Ledger was a much better actor.

Go check out Tom Cruise's IMDB page and look at the movies he did before he was 28, Id be suprised if you had heard of more than 5 or 6 of them, but then again you probably werent born when most of those movies were made so that may not be a fair way to judge it.

I just dont think you have a fair appreciation of how young he was for his craft, most actors dont really peak until they are in their late 30s.

maybe you're right. i never checked his age. But if he hasn't peaked yet, how do we know he would've? This isn't about how good he'll become, it's about how he's pretty much a nobody right now. I know that sounds harsh, and i'm not trying to diss him or anything, but he hasn't exactly done much.
01-25-2008 11:50 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
i'd argue that david krumholtz, who isn't quite 30, has had a bigger career.

What about jonah hill or justin long? Especially Justin Long. I wouldn't consider him a big star, but he's infinitely more well known than heath ledger.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2008 12:01 AM by flyingswoosh.)
01-26-2008 12:00 AM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
No.
01-27-2008 04:25 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Terpy Wrote:No.

no to who? Justin Long is definitely a bigger star. it's not even close.
Dodgeball
Accepted (which was a fantastic movie BTW)
Jeepers Creepers I and II
Live Free or Die Hard (which he was great in)
Alvin and the Chipmunks (grossed pretty well in the box office)

He's gonna be in Strange Wilderness which comes out soon and looks really funny.
Also, he's gonna be in "He's just not that into you," which has Drew Barrymore, Scarlett Johansson, Ben Affleck, and Jennifer Connelly.

That's not to mention all those funny Apple commercials.

David Krumholtz was in:
The Santa Clause I and II
The Addams Family
Superbad
Walk Hard
Also, he's the star of the best show on TV.

Jonah Hill was one of the stars of Superbad and Accepted and also played a big role in Knocked Up. 2 of those 3 were huge at the box office. I'm pretty sure he also had significant screen time in the 40 yr old virgin and Evan Almighty.

What has Heath Ledger done again?
01-27-2008 05:42 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I liked Dodgeball accepted and superbad but you have to be kidding, none of those were serious movies, and neither Justin Long or David Krumholtz are household names (I had to look up both of them to see wtf they were). I guess its arguable but I think Heath Ledger was a household name.

Heath Ledger has been in the following popular movies
The Brothers Grimm
Brokeback Mountain
Monsters Ball
A Knights Tale
The Patriot

He was also in Lords of dogtown, which was a pretty good movie about the start of skateboarding in the 70s, Im not sure how well it did as far as box office/DVD sales but it was a pretty good movie.

These are all serious movies, its not really comparable to the no name guys doing all the goofball movies that you mentioned.

Ledger isnt quite as good as Christian Bale but he is a guy who is more or less on a similar level.
01-27-2008 07:05 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
What the hell is "monster's ball," and "a knight's tale?" what was the brother's grimm? i've heard of it, but i have no idea what it was about. Plus, Lords of Dogtown was such a low level flick, it barely registered. I can't believe you call those serious movies. I don't see why the comedies i mentioned, weren't serious movies. Just because it's a comedy, doesn't mean it can't be taken seriously.

I can understand that you've never heard of david krumholtz, but how could you have not known who justin long is? That's just ignorance right there.

Lastly, who is christian bale, other than Batman. Before Batman Begins came out, i had never heard of him.
01-27-2008 08:00 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
I just looked at Bale's IMDB page and other than batman and 3:10 to Yuma, he hasn't done a damn thing. The only recognizable title is Equilibrium. If Ledger is on a comparable level, then you've pretty much affirmed what i was saying.
01-27-2008 08:02 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Im sorry swoosh but you dont know what you are talking about, its not my fault you watch a lot of crappy movies.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2008 08:17 PM by Terpy.)
01-27-2008 08:16 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
flyingswoosh Wrote:i'd argue that david krumholtz, who isn't quite 30, has had a bigger career.

What about jonah hill or justin long? Especially Justin Long. I wouldn't consider him a big star, but he's infinitely more well known than heath ledger.

I'm only 34 and Heath Ledger is a name I recognize more than those guys you just mentioned.
01-27-2008 08:33 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.