Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Terrorism on the Decline
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
Terrorism on the Decline
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/i...ewsevening

Quote:A study released on Wednesday reports a decline in fatal attacks of terrorism worldwide and says U.S. think-tank data showing sharp increases were distorted due to the inclusion of killings in Iraq.
“Even if the Iraq ‘terrorism’ data are included, there has still been a substantial decline in the global terrorism toll,” said the 2007 Human Security Brief, an annual report funded by the governments of Canada, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden and Britain.
For example, global terrorism fatalities declined by 40 percent between July and September 2007, driven by a 55 percent decline in the “terrorism” death toll in Iraq after the so-called surge of new U.S. troops and a cease-fire by the Shi’ite militant Mehdi Army, the brief said.

good news
05-22-2008 08:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Terrorism on the Decline
meanwhile, Al-Qaeda is preparing for a Strategic Defeat in Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/mi...411334.stm

Quote:"Al Qaeda could now be preparing its followers for a strategic failure in Iraq. It therefore needs a rallying cry and Palestine is a no-brainer."

Mr. Inkster, formerly deputy head of Britain's foreign intelligence agency MI6, adds that one reason for this possible shift is the number of complaints about Muslims killed in Iraq and elsewhere.
05-22-2008 09:43 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
GGniner Wrote:meanwhile, Al-Qaeda is preparing for a Strategic Defeat in Iraq.

Quote:"Al Qaeda could now be preparing its followers for a strategic failure in Iraq. It therefore needs a rallying cry and Palestine is a no-brainer."

Mr. Inkster, formerly deputy head of Britain's foreign intelligence agency MI6, adds that one reason for this possible shift is the number of complaints about Muslims killed in Iraq and elsewhere.

Damn, we better pull out before that happens then. /sarcasm.
05-22-2008 09:53 AM
Quote this message in a reply
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
RebelKev Wrote:
GGniner Wrote:meanwhile, Al-Qaeda is preparing for a Strategic Defeat in Iraq.

Damn, we better pull out before that happens then. /sarcasm.

That would be a prudent tactical retreat.
05-22-2008 10:18 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find somebody else who is no threat to the US to declare war on. Then they'll have a brand new place to come!
05-22-2008 12:29 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Quote:Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find somebody else who is no threat to the US to declare war on. Then they'll have a brand new place to come!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe General Grievious???????
05-22-2008 01:17 PM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
If on Sept. 10, 2001 or before, I said that a group of Islamist are living here in our cities, training at our flight schools, and are training on US Soil for an attack in which they hijack US Airliners and crash them into WTC, Pentegon and the White House as defacto Missle's. Toppling the WTC, killing 3k american Civilians(and their Civil Liberty of LIFE) with many more targeted and taking away Economic Liberties in the form of the estimated $1 Trillion hit to the economy it made......all for a Global Islamic Calpiphate intent on crippling western capitalism to destroy it, and the suicide bombers would come from Middle Class backgrounds born from the Egytian based Muslim Brotherhood. To get their 72 virgins in paradise for such an attack...

I'd have been called crazy.

"are you kidding, they'd never attack us and no nation would ever support such a group and ideology...."Mutually assured Destruction, just like the Soviets"...

using Obama logic, "We spend more than all the middle eastern countries and AL-Qaeda could ever Dream of on Defense!!! They'd never attack us, they are no threat"

Logical fallacy, followed by Logical Fallacy....

"“There’s nobody in this world that could possibly attack us today. I mean, we could defend this country with a few good submarines.” " /Neville Chamberline, err I mean limp wristed Ron paul in 2007. over 6 years after the above scenario actually happened.

Willful Blindness and anti-Liberty mindsets.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2008 02:04 PM by GGniner.)
05-22-2008 02:02 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
for the record, I don't think the above UN study is indicative of anything that long term and I think we are still in a long and complex war. I do think its indicative of the fact than an aggressive posture and refusing to give them what they want pays dividends. as does history.

the Jihadist have demographics on their side, in a major way. Youth ignorance and angst can be a powerful thing, especially when certain types of evil ideologies are implemented. They also have other things going for them here in the west.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2008 02:15 PM by GGniner.)
05-22-2008 02:12 PM
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
Quote:the Jihadist have demographics on their side, in a major way. Youth ignorance and angst can be a powerful thing, especially when certain types of evil ideologies are implemented.

Can't we somehow harness the emo culture in our country to strike fear into our enemies?
05-22-2008 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:
Quote:the Jihadist have demographics on their side, in a major way. Youth ignorance and angst can be a powerful thing, especially when certain types of evil ideologies are implemented.

Can't we somehow harness the emo culture in our country to strike fear into our enemies?

Think that could work?

05-22-2008 02:59 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I blame George Bush for the decline of terrorism.
05-22-2008 03:13 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Lord Stanley Wrote:I blame George Bush for the decline of terrorism.

03-nutkick
05-22-2008 03:28 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find somebody else who is no threat to the US to declare war on. Then they'll have a brand new place to come!

Comments like this are telling.

Instead of being happy about the fact that fewer innocent people are dying due to terrorism we get an attack on our country.

Very telling.
05-22-2008 03:44 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Ninerfan1 Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find somebody else who is no threat to the US to declare war on. Then they'll have a brand new place to come!

Instead of being happy about the fact that fewer innocent people are dying due to terrorism we get an attack on our country.

Very telling.

He probably has a bumper sticker on his car that reads "I'm already against the next war."
05-22-2008 04:19 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Good...Mission Accomplished!...Lets come home.
05-22-2008 05:15 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I thought we already accomplished this mission.

Actually this is good news, and we need to look at bringing out troops home ASAP.
05-22-2008 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Lord Stanley Wrote:
Ninerfan1 Wrote:

Very telling.

He probably has a bumper sticker on his car that reads "I'm already against the next war."

You probably have a bumper sticker on your care that reads "I'm ready to support the next war."
05-22-2008 08:37 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Data of the Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT), funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, points to more than a fourfold increase in worldwide deaths due to terrorism from 1998 to 2006. The sharpest increase came after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

From the same article. I don't know which one is right, but you know what they say about statistics.
05-22-2008 08:43 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Ninerfan1 Wrote:Comments like this are telling.

Very telling.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionar...e-in-cheek

Death from terrorism is on the decline due to less killing from terrorists in Iraq. ohhhhhkayyyyyyyy but we shouldn't have gone over there in the first place. So why should I cheer simply because the quantity of needlessly killed civilians and Americans is less, when the real thing to of cheered over would have been avoiding this disaster in the first place?

That's like me applauding a serial killer for cutting his murders from 30 in Q1 of this year to only 15 in Q2. A reduction of 50%!
05-22-2008 11:37 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
Very, very telling.
05-23-2008 07:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.