Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New leader for McCain's VP
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
New leader for McCain's VP
In Louisiana, Inklings of a New (True) Champion of the Right

Quote:The newly conservative tone of state government is seeping through a host of successful bills — on school vouchers, creationism, stem-cell restrictions and tax and spending cuts — and it is adding to the speculative frenzy here surrounding Mr. Jindal as a potential vice-presidential choice for Senator John McCain.

I really like this guy. He gives the GOP a new look while staying close on conservative values. He may be the best choice for the GOP to hold serve in the south while McCain does battle with Obama in PA, OH, MI, WI. I really think the winner of 3 out of 4 of those wins in November. I think the Democrats are really dreaming to think Obama/Clinton is the dream ticket. Both have negatives that if on the same ticket would unite the GOP. Look for Obama to pick the Governor of PA, OH, or NM as his running mate basically a neutral pick that will deliver at least one swing state.
06-02-2008 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: New leader for McCain's VP
not now though, too young and wrong environment for him. let him gov. Louisianna some first.

Jindal is further proof, being the first GOP Governor since RECONSTRUCTION and to be elected last year with all the anti-gop propaganda going around that in Lousianna the people that lived through Katrina blamed the right politicians(blanco, nagin) for it and actually understand federalism to some degree. unlike most of the brainwashed public removed from it.
06-02-2008 07:46 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
I see Dan Quayle (lite) in BJ...

I think it will be Florida's Gov.. Charlie Crist.. for VP.... A State that carries large Electorial Votes...
06-02-2008 08:51 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
WMD Owl Wrote:I see Dan Quayle (lite) in BJ...

Lighter than Dan Quayle? Is that possible?

I've only heard good things about Jindal. The only criticisms I've heard of him has been that this is rushing him & he'll be better off to serve as govenor for a few years first. I'm curious as to why you would put him down in Quayle's category.
06-02-2008 09:47 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
WMD Owl Wrote:I see Dan Quayle (lite) in BJ...

He looks like a terrorist to me. 05-stirthepot
I know McCain likes to surround himself with questionable characters, but this is just going to far.05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2008 09:48 PM by cb4029.)
06-02-2008 09:48 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
WMD Owl Wrote:I think it will be Florida's Gov.. Charlie Crist.. for VP.... A State that carries large Electorial Votes...

I think so, too. Crist would just about lock up Florida for McCain. John already polls 9-11% ahead in Fla doesn't he?
06-03-2008 12:40 AM
Advertisement

TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
No No No, Let him fix that corrupt quagmire of LA first!!
Then let him run for president in 4 years.
The press will destroy him before the election.
06-03-2008 06:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows
THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:
Quote:The newly conservative tone of state government is seeping through a host of successful bills — on school vouchers, creationism, stem-cell restrictions ....

Wow, guy sounds like he is all about scientific development and advancement..... 03-banghead

I thought I had read something earlier about LA lowering their educational merit.
06-03-2008 07:06 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
GGniner Wrote:Jindal is further proof, being the first GOP Governor since RECONSTRUCTION and to be elected last year with all the anti-gop propaganda going around that in Lousianna the people that lived through Katrina blamed the right politicians(blanco, nagin) for it and actually understand federalism to some degree. unlike most of the brainwashed public removed from it.
Jindal did not win Louisiana because of the "enlightened" citizenship. This IS Louisiana we are talking about here. He won because the majority of the population that voted Democratix left the state after Katrina and they are not going back. The northern part of Louisiana is very conservative and will now be able to make their voices known all across the state.
06-03-2008 09:25 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
uhmump95 Wrote:
GGniner Wrote:Jindal is further proof, being the first GOP Governor since RECONSTRUCTION and to be elected last year with all the anti-gop propaganda going around that in Lousianna the people that lived through Katrina blamed the right politicians(blanco, nagin) for it and actually understand federalism to some degree. unlike most of the brainwashed public removed from it.
Jindal did not win Louisiana because of the "enlightened" citizenship. This IS Louisiana we are talking about here. He won because the majority of the population that voted Democratix left the state after Katrina and they are not going back. The northern part of Louisiana is very conservative and will now be able to make their voices known all across the state.
I am not sure anyone ever claimed GGNiner to be "enlightened" either. What you said is exactly what happened. I can't wait until Bin Laden gets news a "former" Hindu is VP. 03-lmfao
06-03-2008 11:44 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Christ and Crist 2008.

(Of course I am referring to the McCain is like Jesus quote)
06-03-2008 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Paraphrasing from another website:

Jindal needs to hit the weights. He looks like a chess club president.
06-03-2008 01:14 PM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
uhmump95 Wrote:

the amount of ppl displaced was not the margin of vicotry, further the first GOP Senator since Reconstruction was elected State Wide BEFORE Katrina.

Blanco was an idiot as was Nagin. In NC after Hurricane Floyd flooded Eastern NC, FEMA didn't come in till a month later. NC has a more compotent state govt., which isn't saying much at all for La. the federal govt. is the last responder, not only that they have to get permission from the State govt. before they can move in, if they are to follow Posse Comutatis. Blanco refused and refused, delaying deployment.
06-03-2008 01:30 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies
You don't have to convince me that Blanco and Nagin f-ed up. I am just saying that the demographics of the state have changed, which aided in Jindal winning.
06-03-2008 01:49 PM
BuckeyeStu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Beyond being a true conservative and an Indian-American, Bobby Jindal would also be the country's first Catholic Vice President. Catholics represent a huge swing vote population that overwhelmingly voted for Clinton over Obama in the Democratic primaries. Putting Jindal on the ticket might help bring more of the 70 million+ Catholics in the country to the Republican side for the general election.
06-03-2008 05:03 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
BuckeyeStu Wrote:Beyond being a true conservative and an Indian-American, Bobby Jindal would also be the country's first Catholic Vice President. Catholics represent a huge swing vote population that overwhelmingly voted for Clinton over Obama in the Democratic primaries. Putting Jindal on the ticket might help bring more of the 70 million+ Catholics in the country to the Republican side for the general election.

This isn't the election for Jindal on a national ticket.

I'd like to see him gain some skin in LA, solidify his image into a tough talking, small government supporting not afraid to take on the special interests etc type governor for the next 4-8 years.

He is a rising star, I don't want to extinguish his fire.......
06-04-2008 08:24 AM
Advertisement

GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
if mccain were smart, given gas prices, he would adopt Newt Gingrich's "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" campaign for this election. Claim while meeting with Gov. Palin she made him see the light and flip his stance on drilling in ANWR and possibly nominate her as his VP?

obama can't adopt any sort of realistic energy strategy, too beholden to the environmentalist. the liberal elite have wanted high gas prices for years anyway, which is their dirty secret they don't want the average voter to know.
06-04-2008 08:38 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
GGniner Wrote:if mccain were smart, given gas prices, he would adopt Newt Gingrich's "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" campaign for this election. Claim while meeting with Gov. Palin she made him see the light and flip his stance on drilling in ANWR and possibly nominate her as his VP?

obama can't adopt any sort of realistic energy strategy, too beholden to the environmentalist. the liberal elite have wanted high gas prices for years anyway, which is their dirty secret they don't want the average voter to know.
When can I come over and install an oil well in your yard and then build a refinery in your neighbors yard?
06-04-2008 10:12 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Robert, while I don't always disagree with your sympathies... If you have oil reserves worth drilling for in your yard, then the oil revenue will FAR outweigh the real estate loss (if there is any). I doubt there are many homes in ANWR, or anywhere else where large reserves exist. With new directional technologies, a single wellhead can drill for quite a distance in a number of directions. The old pictures of West Texas with a pump every 50 yards is a false concern. I'm not saying wellheads are pretty... but they don't need to be eyesores anymore either.

As to refineries... I live in Houston, and we have PLENTY of refineries already (in terms of numbers, not capacity), and land on their grounds and nearby that could be used for newer/more modern facilities... most of which would allow us to close older, larger, dirtier and less efficient refineries. We just opened a new bio-diesel refinery, so obviously not EVERYONE is against building refineries in their back yard. The rest of the country can thank us later.

The problem of location is that generally speaking, refineries aren't near all of the consumers... so we have to transport the products, which further increases the cost and risk of spillage.

I believe that the politics of demonizing the opposition, and overstating a case to make a point (which has become necessary because the average VOTER is a MORON) is causing more trouble than it helps.

Sugar farmers probably wouldn't need their current subsidies if we used it for bio-fuels... but what politician is going to get re-elected by sugar farmers promising to cut their subsidies?? Also, using corn for fuel hasn't caused our cans of corn to triple in cost like gasoline... especially in that the byproduct from turning feedcorn into fuel is still useful as feed. It's higher, no doubt... but not that much. If the beauracracy of building refineries were gone, I suspect that we'd be building more new ones... and probably greener ones.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2008 11:16 AM by Hambone10.)
06-04-2008 11:14 AM
GGniner Offline
All American

I Root For:
the people of Alaska want to drill there, what right does someone living in Connecticut have to tell them they can't?

the footprint of the area they would drill is about the size of one of our airports, in a state as huge as alaska....where virtually no one lives and nobodies backyards would have oil wells in.
06-04-2008 11:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.