Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Breaking News...Sarah Palin WILL be a grandmother....
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Breaking News...Sarah Palin WILL be a grandmother....
Just reported that her 17 year old daughter is currently pregnant.
09-01-2008 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Zipfanatik Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron Zips
RE: Breaking News...Sarah Palin WILL be a grandmother....
A baby with Down's, a pregnant teen...maybe McCain just wanted someone who'd be too busy at home to get in his way as VP :)
09-01-2008 12:55 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
While this is disappointing, the Democrats have a few family issues that have been dismissed as not relevant (Billy Carter, Billy Clinton, Barry Obama) so this really is not a serious scandal that makes Palin a political liability.
09-01-2008 01:11 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Difference between Palin's kid and the Democrats is if Biden's kid was pregnant, she would abort it and you would never hear about it.
09-01-2008 01:22 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
WMD Owl Wrote:Difference between Palin's kid and the Democrats is if Biden's kid was pregnant, she would abort it and you would never hear about it.

And how do you know this? Just because someone is pro-choice does not mean they would have an abortion. I'm pro-choice but my wife and I would never have an abortion.
09-01-2008 01:34 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret

Quote:That's about the only thing that I didn't know about Bristol Palin's pregnancy. The rest of the details I picked up almost without trying, while talking about other things with townsfolk — some who know the governor and her family well, some who don't. It was, more or less, an open secret. And everyone was saying the same thing: the governor's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, the father is her boyfriend, and it's really nobody's business beyond that.

I happen to agree.
09-01-2008 04:28 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret

Quote:That's about the only thing that I didn't know about Bristol Palin's pregnancy. The rest of the details I picked up almost without trying, while talking about other things with townsfolk — some who know the governor and her family well, some who don't. It was, more or less, an open secret. And everyone was saying the same thing: the governor's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, the father is her boyfriend, and it's really nobody's business beyond that.

I happen to agree.

The article is obviously a plant by the McCain PR team. This reads like too good to be true.

In Time? Yeah, right.
09-01-2008 05:13 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I don't care that Palin's daughter is pregnant. But I do care that Sarah Palin has a four month old boy with Down Syndrome, an unmarried pregnant 17-year-old daughter, an 18-year-old son heading off to Iraq and two other young children, and has to ignore pretty much all of that (including her day job as Governor of Alaska) to prep for potentially the most significant job a female has ever had in this country. And by the way, she might be under investigation for abuse of power in the troopergate scandal.

I mean seriously her stress level might lead her to look older than McCain by November.

Her willingness to take on the nomination in face of all these incredible challenges leaves a lot to be desired in both her value system, and also McCain's opinion of the Vice Presidency itself. Surely he can't actually picture her as having any type of real role in his presidency other than a figurehead position.

Plus you know this is the topic everyone will be talking about in Minnesota. This and the hurricanes. I don't see any way in hell McCain gets a bump in the polls out of Minnesota.
09-01-2008 05:43 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
Fort Bend Owl Wrote:I don't care that Palin's daughter is pregnant. But I do care that Sarah Palin has a four month old boy with Down Syndrome, an unmarried pregnant 17-year-old daughter, an 18-year-old son heading off to Iraq and two other young children, and has to ignore pretty much all of that (including her day job as Governor of Alaska) to prep for potentially the most significant job a female has ever had in this country. And by the way, she might be under investigation for abuse of power in the troopergate scandal.

I mean seriously her stress level might lead her to look older than McCain by November.

Her willingness to take on the nomination in face of all these incredible challenges leaves a lot to be desired in both her value system, and also McCain's opinion of the Vice Presidency itself. Surely he can't actually picture her as having any type of real role in his presidency other than a figurehead position.

Plus you know this is the topic everyone will be talking about in Minnesota. This and the hurricanes. I don't see any way in hell McCain gets a bump in the polls out of Minnesota.

OK, that may be one of the most sexist things I have ever read. Obama has young children, but nobody seems to care about that. What's the difference? Are we going to eliminate anyone that has young children (or handicapped young children) from serving in public office?

Give me a break.
09-01-2008 05:46 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
Fort Bend Owl Wrote:I don't care that Palin's daughter is pregnant. But I do care that Sarah Palin has a four month old boy with Down Syndrome, an unmarried pregnant 17-year-old daughter, an 18-year-old son heading off to Iraq and two other young children, and has to ignore pretty much all of that (including her day job as Governor of Alaska) to prep for potentially the most significant job a female has ever had in this country. And by the way, she might be under investigation for abuse of power in the troopergate scandal.

The sexism that flows through this remark is astounding. Obama has two very young daughters. Where's your concern about that? Oh that's right, it doesn't matter because his wife will be home with them. However Palin having a husband who's a stay at home dad is somehow different.

Quote:Her willingness to take on the nomination in face of all these incredible challenges leaves a lot to be desired in both her value system,

Why does this apply to her and not Obama?
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2008 05:49 PM by Ninerfan1.)
09-01-2008 05:48 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Do either of you guys have daughters? I do - I have two young daughters and I can tell you with certainty a father-daughter relationship is different from a mother-daughter relationship. Plus Palin has said she will be breast feeding Trig (at least that was her initial thought - those things can change over time). And finally her husband has already turned his back on the stay at home thing and continues to work an occasional shift on the pipelines (or whatever he does).

I'm not worried about Palin's middle two children. Those two are comparable to Obama's children (and Gore's children when he was VP and many others). Those kids will be handled by nannies and in private schools once they get to Washington.

Plus again I think McCain made a wrong judgement by picking her instead of Romney. Initially I liked the move but the more I think about it, the worse the decision is turning out to be. You don't think her stress level is through the roof??? She's not used to this type of public scrutiny and it's unfair of McCain to put her family through this.
09-01-2008 06:14 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Fort Bend Owl Wrote:Do either of you guys have daughters? I do - I have two young daughters .

Sounds like you've got enough problems to take care of without worrying about hers.

Which I'm guessing is exactly what she would tell you.
09-01-2008 06:18 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Fort Bend Owl Wrote:Do either of you guys have daughters? I do - I have two young daughters and I can tell you with certainty a father-daughter relationship is different from a mother-daughter relationship. Plus Palin has said she will be breast feeding Trig (at least that was her initial thought - those things can change over time).

Again, sexist. I have a daughter and I have just as much to do with her up bringing and nurturing as my wife does. The fact that you have none of these concerns about Obama's girls shows how sexist your view is.
09-01-2008 06:19 PM
At Ease Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Rice Owls
GrayBeard Wrote:

OK, that may be one of the most sexist things I have ever read. Obama has young children, but nobody seems to care about that. What's the difference? Are we going to eliminate anyone that has young children (or handicapped young children) from serving in public office?

Give me a break.

I don't particularly agree with FBO... but there's a pretty substantial difference in the circumstances between having two young daughters... vs. having a newborn with special needs, a family member in Iraq, and having a teenage daughter of yours 5 months pregnant. Were the set of factors between herself and Obama in any way comparable, I might agree your charge of sexism has some merit.
09-01-2008 06:19 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Fort Bend Owl Wrote:Do either of you guys have daughters? I do - I have two young daughters and I can tell you with certainty a father-daughter relationship is different from a mother-daughter relationship. Plus Palin has said she will be breast feeding Trig (at least that was her initial thought - those things can change over time). And finally her husband has already turned his back on the stay at home thing and continues to work an occasional shift on the pipelines (or whatever he does).

Kinda hard to work as a fisherman and an oil worker in D.C. Try again.
09-01-2008 06:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
At Ease Wrote:I don't particularly agree with FBO... but there's a pretty substantial difference in the circumstances between having two young daughters... vs. having a newborn with special needs, a family member in Iraq, and having a teenage daughter of yours 5 months pregnant. Were the set of factors between herself and Obama in any way comparable, I might agree your charge of sexism has some merit.

Yeah, that "woman" should know her place and stay her ass barefooted in the damn kitchen where she belongs, right? [Image: sarcasm.gif]
09-01-2008 06:22 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:
Fort Bend Owl Wrote:Do either of you guys have daughters? I do - I have two young daughters .

Sounds like you've got enough problems to take care of without worrying about hers.

Which I'm guessing is exactly what she would tell you.

QFT
09-01-2008 06:23 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
At Ease Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Give me a break.

I don't particularly agree with FBO... but there's a pretty substantial difference in the circumstances between having two young daughters... vs. having a newborn with special needs, a family member in Iraq, and having a teenage daughter of yours 5 months pregnant. Were the set of factors between herself and Obama in any way comparable, I might agree your charge of sexism has some merit.

So that should eliminate her from serving in public office?

By the way, I have 3 kids (1 daughter), not that it really matters.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2008 06:25 PM by GrayBeard.)
09-01-2008 06:24 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Rebel Wrote:
At Ease Wrote:I don't particularly agree with FBO... but there's a pretty substantial difference in the circumstances between having two young daughters... vs. having a newborn with special needs, a family member in Iraq, and having a teenage daughter of yours 5 months pregnant. Were the set of factors between herself and Obama in any way comparable, I might agree your charge of sexism has some merit.

Yeah, that "woman" should know her place and stay her ass barefooted in the damn kitchen where she belongs, right? [Image: sarcasm.gif]

Exactly.

And here I thought the republican party was supposed to be the party of sexism.
09-01-2008 06:25 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I guess the White House will now have a day care center - - - that is, if they don't already have one. Is this the biggest they can find wrong with her?

Why all the criticism about how Palin raises her daughter? Why no outrage of Obama bringing his kids to hear the rantings of a racist? Shouldn't the Dems be proud of a working women who's also capable of raising a child or would they prefer that she be an unwed welfare mom? You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
09-01-2008 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.