Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LL Cool J: Exit 13
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Rolleyes LL Cool J: Exit 13
Ok...I'll discuss in more detail later but...

definately back on the upswing from DEFinition and Tod Smith. BUT.. .while some of the beats and rhymes are really good...and FIT LL to a T.... he is still battling the demon of being a "New Millenium Bling/Club MC" vs " the "Old School Lover/Killer MC Skills" he had from back in the day. This inner battle has plagued those last two cds.... he is NOT that guy... he can do THOSE songs...but he IS NOT that guy!
09-12-2008 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

RE: LL Cool J: Exit 13
Ya know.... after some time listening to this cd... it is definately more hit than miss. there are a couple of throw away songs on it...but the cd overall is pretty solid.
09-16-2008 10:45 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

RE: LL Cool J: Exit 13
Breif Summary:

Its Time For War:
nice intro song...like the beat....chorus a little annoying. A song that is a "LL" song

Old School New School:
Uptempo beat... discusses old and new school tune/cds he's done.... and how his flow his old and new... just a TAD "NOT LL enough" for me to really get into it

Feel My Hear Beat:
The beat is REAL funky... and fun. Its kind a a love song of sorts and I have never been a fan of his "love songs." He rhymes to it pretty good.... this song is more like " I Need Love" type vibe.

Get Over Here:
New Millenia Club Beat....I likey Very fast paced raps by LL and his guest rappers. The Akon chime ins kind of weaken the song a little... Overally a ture LL song

Baby:
A kind of funky beat that I halfway like...but its too much of a love song for me to get into.....not bad...just not my type of LL tune...

You Better Watch Me:
A awesome hardcore LL beat.... nice voice sample work. This is the LL I love right here. Basically be brags about how bad ass he is.

Cry:
More of a song for the female LL fans here... A little too much chorus work for my tastes. Kind of light jazzy feel to the beat....

Baby (Rock Remix):
A rock riff inspired song about girls :D He raps to it pretty good... the beat has promise...but it has a voice box vibe to the beat. not bad, just not great either. The "Baby" chime might get annoying... and after repeated listens the "voice box" sound can get annowing.

Rocking With the G.O.A.T.:
Ahhh that mid tempo HARDCORE LL BEAT. Another one of the standout tunes. Nice bassline and cool rock rifs in the background. Also uses that police siren sample you heard from KRSone and one of LL's tunes of his G.O.A.T. cd.

This is Ring Tone M.... :
Cool old school DJ shout out intro... A AWESOME HARDCORE LL BEAT. Another standout tone. Its kind of themed like "Hitchcocks's Dial M for Murder"

Like a Radio:
This beat is not all that...sounds kind of simple and plain... annoying... tries to rap w/ start and stop style.. .over it...it fits the beat...just the song is garbage.

I Fall In Love:
A kind of club rap beat... I do like the beat... the raps are ok.... probabbly if I was into "club" music more I would like it more. Decent tune.

Ur Only A Customer:
A peppy jazzy beat. Its not a bad song...kind of brag about bling and paper song.

Mr President:
a political tune involving the war in Iraq. I mean...its ok I guess...for what he is trying to get across. Has Wyclef Jean as a guest on it. Kind of a regae flow to the music.

American Girl:
Heh... LL salutes all those American girls sort of like David Lee Roth's cover of "Califirnia Girls." The beat is themed like a college band playing it. Not a bad style.... he's just done better songs about hot women.

Speedin on Day Highway/Exit 13:
A hardcore LL beat w/ a Heavy Metal touch. Pretty solid song. Reminds me of "Radio" and "Bad" LL music.

Come and Party With Me:
Kind a quirky and funky club beat. Basically about being all up in the club. Its ok...

We Rollin':
A nice slow LL beat... kind of reminds me of "Goin Back TO Cali" a little. Has that vibe of a west coast g-funk ride around in your whip type song.... pretty cool slow jam

Dear Hip Hop:
A nice LL type beat. Its kind of his letter to current Hip Hop from him...and why he needs to be back in the mix of current hip hop.

Out of 5*s....

I'd say 2 3/4 *s

*for a reference
Momma Said Knock you OUt = 5*
Bad/Radio/Walking With a Panther 3*
GOAT / Mr. Smith 4*
14 shots/definintion/Todd Smith 1-2*s
09-24-2008 01:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.